StarCrawlers Chimera - Early Access

enjoyed star crawlers and looking forward to try this one too.

I thought the first game was ok. This one isn't party-based though, so I'll wait for more impressions. Only 4 user reviews on Steam so far.

I enjoyed the first, but yeah, the lack of party really reduces my interest. I'll be interested to see any in-depth video review to see if there are interesting enough features to get me past that downside.

The first game seemed pretty generic to me from what I recall but I might just need to give it another go now. It's a turn-based space blobber with procedurally generated levels and a vague "corporations are bad and you're a cyberhacker group" storyline.

Then again I might not be doing it justice, I'll have to check it out again. It didn't offend me in any way, I just don't recall it being memorable. :D

The first game seemed pretty generic to me from what I recall but I might just need to give it another go now. It's a turn-based space blobber with procedurally generated levels and a vague "corporations are bad and you're a cyberhacker group" storyline.

Then again I might not be doing it justice, I'll have to check it out again. It didn't offend me in any way, I just don't recall it being memorable. :D

StarCrawlers doesn't have much in the way of story or characters. So if that's what you're looking for, yeah, it's not going to be very memorable. Where it shines is the combat and character customization which are pretty good.

this one is a single character turn based crawler, the customization looks interesting with so many skilltrees.
Also where the 1st one had many separate missions this one will have just 1 HUGE dungeon.

First game, which I got in early EA and enjoyed all thru dev, was fun and due to the severe lack of grid/turn-baded like the first game I'm slightly disappointed that the sequel isn't party-based.

But, after watching some footage I'm intrigued.

Major diffs I saw:

You don't "enter combat" - it's all seamless so you can open fire on mobs when you see them and vice versa. Melees have to close to engage, etc. Traps and such are just as in play as out of combat.

There are more traps and stuff to interact with and ways to deal with them.

Looks like you start off by building a character from 8 of 36 skills and get to it.

$20 for early EA when you're overloaded with games is rough but it's tempting to me just based on what I've seen in 20 minutes. I'm a sucker for turn-based/grid-based goodness.

Last edited:
Yeah, I'd prefer a party based game like the previous one, yet I enjoyed that so much that I'm willing to take a chance and see what this one delivers. In fact, the thought of just one main area to explore only whets my appetite the more.

Back
Top Bottom