Starfield - Into the Starfield: The Endless Pursuit

Redglyph

SasqWatch
Bethesda Games is making a mini-series about their studio and its future with Starfield; the first video was released today. From an email sent by their PR:

Hi,

Bethesda Game Studios invites you to join Game Director Todd Howard, Studio Director Angela Browder and Art Director Matt Carofano as they discuss how the teams' ambitions, passions and history have shaped the studio and how they are looking to the future with Starfield. Keep an eye out in the coming months for more episodes of "Into the Starfield."

WATCH Into the Starfield: The Endless Pursuit:

Starfield arrives exclusively on Xbox Series X|S and PC on 11.11.22. Play it day one with Xbox Game Pass.

Thanks!

Nick
More information.

Gotta say Starfield is my most anticipated game ever. I love Elder Scrolls and Fallout, and I love space games. Having that in one package is a dream come true.

The game might of course become great, but the "humble self-adulation" (don't know a better expression) like in this discussion is hardly bearable.

It is difficult not to get hyped when they say "grounded science fiction" but let's wait and see. There has been many disappointments when the devs have tried to hype their games recent years.

The Formula "Open World plus Space plus a lot of Bugs plus Modability" works for me, so I'm looking forward playing this in 2023 when the "Unofficial Star Field Patch" is finally out :-D

I hope I have an Xbox X by then.

Actually, now that I think about it, this might be the first BGS game since Arena that I play on PC first. I've been thinking about buying a new computer lately.

Why do i keep geting this same Rp crap vibe i got from cyberpunk 2077 mini-series…

YOu'd think they know that we know, that they can show us anything.
I'm skiping this hype train…
All i want is multiple uninterrupted gameplay videos, if possible played by a 8 year old.
"we all sorts of know what a bethesda game is"
What if I said … "really ??? play someone else for a fool…"
If all this shit was true you would never made fallout 76 or elder scrolls online…

Actually, now that I think about it, this might be the first BGS game since Arena that I play on PC first. I've been thinking about buying a new computer lately.

I enjoy their games, but I couldn't even imagine having to play them on a console. For me, certain things just have to be modded.

I'm not feeling the hype vibes on this one, even though all the ingredients are there to at least get an above average hype buzz going in me.
Maybe its some kind of sub-conscious grudge, in which Starfield is the main reason as to why the next Elder Scrolls games is so far away!?

I'm not feeling the hype vibes on this one, even though all the ingredients are there to at least get an above average hype buzz going in me.
Maybe its some kind of sub-conscious grudge, in which Starfield is the main reason as to why the next Elder Scrolls games is so far away!?

Not much reason for someone to be hyped at this point, as far as I can see. I'm on board with the idea that a space opera TES game could be great, but, in terms of what we've been given, there's really very little to go on, and this vid they've put out just seems like another vapid infomercial.

Not much reason for someone to be hyped at this point, as far as I can see. I'm on board with the idea that a space opera TES game could be great, but, in terms of what we've been given, there's really very little to go on, and this vid they've put out just seems like another vapid infomercial.

yeah, exactly! Hard to get on that hype train again after it was derailed in the online gaming market at least for me.

saving the world... right. I guess I know the main story now.

I enjoy their games, but I couldn't even imagine having to play them on a console. For me, certain things just have to be modded.

I have heavily modded my bethesda games on xbox....it isn't as in depth as PC but there are a ton...

Yeah, why would anyone be hyped for a game from a company that has a history releasing huge open world games?

I have personally enjoyed all of their games, so I don't see why I wouldn't enjoy this one. I think its a cool idea to use a new setting. I personally prefer sci-fi to post apocalyptic, so I'd be willing to buy this at a higher price than I was to buy the last 2 Fallout games.

Yeah, why would anyone be hyped for a game from a company that has a history releasing huge open world games?

You did see the bit where I said a space opera TES game could be great? I'm simply saying that in terms of what they've shown so far, I don't see enough detail to get particularly hyped. Seems like low-information corpo-waffle, so far.

I love Beth games for the most part and I am tentatively looking forward to this but as Ripper has pointed out we know very little about it. I need more details before my hype meter starts to go up.

For each of their previous games (Morrowind, Oblivion, Fallout 3 and Skyrim) I've owned and played them on console first, unadorned, and then modded them to the gills on PC later. I like doing it that way. I like playing the actual game as it was intended first, and then I can pick and choose mods for it based on what I know worked and didn't work for me. And also of course just for variety since I tend to play these games for a lot of hours.

You did see the bit where I said a space opera TES game could be great? I'm simply saying that in terms of what they've shown so far, I don't see enough detail to get particularly hyped. Seems like low-information corpo-waffle, so far.

For sure. BGS games, historically, mean a lot to me. Several of the games I've anticipated most in my life have been their games. But there's nothing concrete to be excited about at this point, just whatever one's imagination conjures from past triumphs and vague trailers.

They also have something to prove, imo. Fallout 4 was fun, but a missed opportunity and (for me) an ominous trajectory. Fallout 76 was... Fallout 76. And even Skyrim continued the trend of bland and unimaginative settings, though I loved the game anyway.

I want to see something more creatively daring from them. I want to see a reaffirmation that their games are single player RPGs first and foremost, not shooters or crafting games or multiplayer grindfests. I have no real faith that things will go that way, so my hype is limited by my pessimism.

My expectations are pretty low for this one, yet I'm always in the mood to be proven wrong about such things. We've still quite some time before we're likely to get concrete info on this one, sadly.

Back
Top Bottom