Steam - Best Summer Deals for 2022

HiddenX

The Elder Spy
Staff Member
Original Sin Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor
The Steam Summer Sale has started - some general picks by JumboPixel:

STEAM SUMMER SALE - The Best Steam Deals for 2022

The 2022 Seam Summer Sale is here! Here is my collection of the best pc gaming deals for the summer sale, with a focus on the best value picks acorss all genres, but of course a stronger look at strategy, simulation and similar games, or those that I think strategy gamers will enjoy from genres like RPG, Action, etc. Enjoy!
For RPGs on a sale just use the RPGWatch Steam Curator and click on the DISCOUNTS tab.

More information.

just bought king arthur too. And i see hastar did the same :D
just in time, thnx for the update !

Pretty good price on King Arthur - also purchased! And I finally picked up the most recent Pathfinder. And for good measure KB2... though I'm gonna have to put in a couple hours on that one to see if it's a keeper or a refunder!

Yakuza 0 is $5, which is a superb deal! The other Yakuza games (excluding Dragon) are about $11 each.

Wildermyth, Encased, Solasta, and Forgotten City are all between $15 to $20.

The new Pathfinder game isn't so cheap - I think they know they have a good one.

The new Pathfinder game isn't so cheap - I think they know they have a good one.

I can wait. Let's see who wins this arm-wrestling :p

I decided to buy a few things.

On the RPG front, I got Queen's Wish, which is the only Spiderweb game series I haven't played even a tiny bit of. I also bought the Spellforce 3 collection. I don't know if a mediocre RPG/RTS is going to keep my attention, but for under $20 for the three, it's worth a look.

Non RPG stuff I got: Norco (I started this and it's immediately impressive), Unavowed, Revita (a friend of mine is one of the devs), Spiritifarer, and DLC I didn't yet have for ETS and TW: 3 Kingdoms.

I'm not being tempted by much right now. I've been in a gaming funk lately and haven't really felt the desire to play anything.

I'm still eyeing Dying Light 2 though and might pick that up.

I bought Deathloop (60% off), Black Mesa (75% off), and Druidstone (75% off).

Also bought DLCs for Stormworks (for my son) and Reassembly.

Reassembly is a cool zen 2D spaceship game where you build your fleet and explore the universe:
https://store.steampowered.com/app/329130/Reassembly/
I bought it years ago but didn't know it had a DLC, so it's due a revisit.

I'm thinking about Devil Spire, which is a well-reviewed retro first-person RPG (King's Field-like).
https://store.steampowered.com/app/1861290/Devil_Spire/

Last edited:
I grabbed A Plague Tale: Innocence and played the first 3 chapters, it's really cool. I like the interaction between Amicia and Hugo and the French voices are well made. It's very linear, which I knew, but that doesn't matter much for that type of game. The story is simple so far.

I'm also tempted by Black Mesa. By the way, have you seen there was an Operation: Black Mesa in the works? Not by the same team, and it doesn't look like it's going to be finished soon. Here's the link to their blog (links also in the Steam discussions).

I'm also tempted by Black Mesa. By the way, have you seen there was an Operation: Black Mesa in the works? Not by the same team, and it doesn't look like it's going to be finished soon. Here's the link to their blog (links also in the Steam discussions).

I highly recommend Black Mesa especially at that price. It's an excellent remake of an excellent game.

Operation: Black Mesa sounds great in theory, but it's been in development for so long that I stopped following it years ago.

Back
Top Bottom