1. Skyrim/Skyrim SE=32,000+
2. Witcher 3=almost 22,000
3. Dragon's Dogma 924 :(
4. ESO=28000+
5. Fallout 4=17000+
6. DOS 2=12,500+
7. Two Worlds II 1,000+
8. Amalur: Re-Reckoning 301, lol
9. Cyberpunk 2077 - 18,557--lolololol Less than a bunch of old games. Hilarious.
10. Elex 750

It looks like there are a bunch of games that don't track current players but I thought it was cool that our genre is well represented for a long time.

How are you seeing so far in? Steam's page only shows the top 100, which right now only goes down to the 7000's for player count.

Some others from that list...
No Man's Sky: 8K
Dark Souls 3: 11K
Civ 5: 24K
Civ 6: 45K

What's Hearts of Iron 4 doing up at the 40K level!?

Final Fantasy XIV Online had more than any of those when I looked just now. Or did you exclude that because then Skyrim wouldn't have been #1? ;)

What's Hearts of Iron 4 doing up at the 40K level!?
All about the mods my good man. It's the only reason I play that game.:p

So many alternate history settings where you can change history.

Final Fantasy XIV Online had more than any of those when I looked just now. Or did you exclude that because then Skyrim wouldn't have been #1? ;)

I was looking at games in my library. The only online games I own are PoE and ESO. Skyrim is nowhere near number one unless you're talking single-player only game sales.

@Zloth;, For the most part, I just went to the community tab on games in my library. Most games have a "X in game" stat.

What the masses glam to often looks more like an avoidance list to me.

This is games from my library folks. The top games are always MMO-types, which I never play. No unwashed masses were consulted. I did pick non-survival games as Valheim would slaughter anything else in my library. Of course, it surely won't after a decade, unlike Skyrim ;)

FF14 online shows 20,401 atm
Skyrim SE 25,147
Regular Skyrim 9,308

2011 Skyrim Single Player Only=34,455
2014 MMO FF XIV=loser (atm) to a single player decade old game. Nah, I feel good @JDR13;. Actually, I think FF XIV is like a kiddy rpg, so it could be on this list for sure. Hiyah, nyaaa! G-force!

While not a pure RPG, I want to add Rimworld with currently 20943 Players. Not bad either. ^^
Darkest Dungeon: 7286

Unfortunately the spiderweb games dont have this stat.

@jdr13;. Actually, I think FF XIV is like a kiddy rpg, so it could be on this list for sure. Hiyah, nyaaa! G-force!

No argument here. To me, the vast majority of JRPGs are kiddie games. :)

I did like some of Square's older titles, but I take one look at most modern JRPGs and say "nope".

No argument here. To me, the vast majority of JRPGs are kiddie games. :)

I did like some of Square's older titles, but I take one look at most modern JRPGs and say "nope".

That's the thing for me. I used to love the original Suikoden (sp?) on the Play Station. Good game and I played it and something called Breath of Fire for quite a while. But the genre seem to add more and more hitpoints and other padding to every game. You can only play so many repetitive battles before pure boredom sets in. I need to be able to walk around for a couple hours and not fight, if I'm not in the mood.

I'm much more likely to play a game that has multiple game mechanics than one that is focused on battles. I need great loot, great exploration and a good economy for a game to really grab me. I moved to Survival mostly for exploration and crafting. Most of those games have decent levels of this.

450 in Age of Wonders: Planetfall. 496 is Dishonored. 497 in Dishonored 2. 1023 in NieR: Automata. 696 in FF 10. 498 in FF7 but no numbers for FF6. No numbers for ELEX, either, but @crpgnut; did see numbers! I wonder if it cuts off when under 400 or something?

450 in Age of Wonders: Planetfall. 496 is Dishonored. 497 in Dishonored 2. 1023 in NieR: Automata. 696 in FF 10. 498 in FF7 but no numbers for FF6. No numbers for ELEX, either, but @crpgnut; did see numbers! I wonder if it cuts off when under 400 or something?

There must be a way to view an individual game's stats, although I can't figure out how. The lowest number in the top 100 is still in the 5000's.

Sometimes when I'm gallavanting through a Lands of Lore, or a Wizardry game, even a Might and magic one, perhaps a gold box era delight, I often ponder how many millions of others might be doing the exact same thing at the same time.

Medieval Total War (the first one from 2002) - 213
The Warlock of Firetop Mountain - 2
Terra Randoma - 0
Sword Legacy Omen - 5
Grand Ages Rome - 12
The Banner Saga - 113
The Banner Saga 2 - 56
The Banner Saga 3 - 33

(I have 7 other games on Steam but I've uninstalled those, greyed them out, so I don't think about those)

(And, yes, I have most of my games on or from GoG)

One that I don't own digitally that I still have and play on an old laptop is:

Plants vs Zombies - 1,347

And one of my regular plays from GoG:

Civilisation 3 - 1,506

I'll do more later maybe.

There must be a way to view an individual game's stats, although I can't figure out how. The lowest number in the top 100 is still in the 5000's.

On any game, just go to the community tab main page. It shows number in game on most games, but not all. Geneforge 1 didn't show any and I assume people are playing the newest iteration of that game, so it's not perfect.

Oh yeah, the SteamDB website does a great job. Just take @porcozaur;'s link, change the number to the App ID Steam displays in its URLs for the game, and there's your stats.

Troubleshooter:AC - https://steamdb.info/app/470310/graphs/
So a max of just over 1000 players, 177 right now.

1 person is playing Underworld: Ascendant right now.

Holy....how are thousands if not millions not playing Banner Saga?? Well, at least the first two parts, the third was weak and forgettable but those first two entries are glorious. I would think tons would be playing those, but I guess the first two parts are a bit long in the tooth, now.

Back
Top Bottom