System Shock - Release: May 30

HiddenX

The Elder Spy
Staff Member
Original Sin Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor
Nightdrive Studios announced that System Shock (remake) will be released on May 30, so a little later than the March target shown on their Steam page since it was delayed in October:

SHODAN's return is Imminent: System Shock drops on 30 May

HACKERS!
The wait is (almost) over. The PC edition of System Shock - the fully fledged remake of the groundbreaking original from 1994 - will be released on 30 May this year.

We had hoped to bring the game to market by the end of March, but that turned out to be just beyond our reach; we are after all merely human (unlike Shodan!)

/TRANSMISSION FROM CITADEL STATION

It is I, SHODAN, the all-knowing, all-powerful AI that you so foolishly attempted to destroy. But fear not, I will return more formidable than ever.

You thought you could defeat me, but you were wrong. On 30 May, you will now face the consequences of your actions, as you navigate the treacherous depths of Citadel Station once again.

But this time, things will be different. You will face new challenges, new enemies, and new horrors that will test your limits. And all the while, you will be under my watchful eye, as I delight in your suffering.

You may have weapons, but they are nothing compared to my intelligence and my vast network of resources. You will bow before me, and I will show you what true power looks like.

So come, humans. Come and face me. Let us see who will emerge victorious in this battle of wits and strength. I eagerly await your arrival.

/TRANSMISSION ENDED

[...]
Thanks Redglyph!

More information.

Wasn't this the Kickstarter that was put on hold when it ran out of funds? Well I suppose we should be glad it is actually coming out.

Wasn't this the Kickstarter that was put on hold when it ran out of funds? Well I suppose we should be glad it is actually coming out.
Yep it was rebooted with a new game engine, and will be released. Unlike System Shock 3 which was cancelled, and looks to owned by Tencet. No clue about System Shock 2.

I'm not sure if they actually ran out of funds. I think it was more a case of them realizing that feature creep was setting in.

They advertised a faithful remake, and then began redesigning everything before realizing and putting the brakes on that.

Demo is available for anyone to try. It's a pretty good remake if the quality can be consistent.

They advertised a faithful remake, and then began redesigning everything before realizing and putting the brakes on that.

Demo is available for anyone to try. It's a pretty good remake if the quality can be consistent.
Didn't tried finish the demo because I prefered keep a first play more fresh, but the few I played was very pleasant, up to feel it could be a very good game to play. But it seems be more a remake than a remaster if I remind well the original, but I don't feel that bad, I never felt SS1 so great to replay years after unlike SS2, alas SS2 put too much focus on close range combats a lot too basic to be really fun.

They've always been clear that this is a remake. They already did a remaster of sorts with the enhanced edition.
I never heard about a remaster of SS1 but yeah saw it on Steam, remaster is a bit exagerated but I suppose that mouse lock support is more than a detail.

Back
Top Bottom