Tactics Ogre: Reborn - Character Creation

HiddenX

The Elder Spy
Staff Member
Original Sin Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor
Square Enix explains how character creation works in Tactics Ogre: Reborn:

Ready for a little update on Tactics Ogre: Reborn?

Last time we gave you a general overview, revealing the story, characters and new enhancements coming to this tactical RPG classic. Today, we want to get into the nitty-gritty and talk about some of its different gameplay systems.

In many ways, Tactics Ogre was the trendsetter for tactical RPGs, with many subsequent games - both from Square Enix and other companies - taking inspiration from its systems. It's a testament to the depth of the systems in the game and the quality of the execution of those ideas, that many still consider the game to be one of the crown jewels of the genre.

In Tactics Ogre: Reborn , some elements remain the same, while others have been refined even further to offer the best version of the game yet! We'll go into some of the enhancements at a later date - for now, let's take a look at some of the basics of gameplay.
Tarot Cards and Character Creation

Tarot cards are traditionally associated with fortune telling, but they're also deeply connected to the Ogre Battle series.

In Tactics Ogre they play an important role - not just in gameplay, but also in character creation.

[...]

More information.

So many good game changes - really like that there will be a unit-by-unit level system.

I'm mildy interested in this. Mostly just out of curiosity since I've heard so much about this series over the years.

It seems overpriced for what it is, but I guess that's to be expected.

Back
Top Bottom