Tactics Ogre: Reborn - Release: November 11

HiddenX

The Elder Spy
Staff Member
Original Sin Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor
Tactics Ogre: Reborn will be released for the PC on November 11:

"Tactics Ogre: Reborn" Announcement Trailer

Tactics Ogre: Reborn is based on Tactics Ogre: Let Us Cling Together which was released for the PSP back in 2010, and was a remake of the original Tactics Ogre.
More information.

Loved the game on the PSP (only vague memories of the original). Will definitely be buying this, hopefully it will play well on my Steam Deck. Keep bringing back older sRPG games to Steam please! =)

Also interested here, although I havent play previous games I heard good things about them. My platform of choice will be Switch - games like this one are perfect match with portable device, imho.

I'm somewhat surprised they're bringing it to PC. I remember this series from way back but have never tried any of the games.

Great news, indeed! :)

Unfortunately (and I expected that) given the price tag I won't be getting this game anytime soon, if I ever.

And how I wish they did a remaster of SNES' Ogre Battle as well (the only game from the entire series that I played).

I'll certainly be getting this one at some point, likely when it hits a significant sale price point. I've not replayed this in decades, so really looking forward to immersing myself in this world again!

Come on Square you can do it. Release a new Final Fantasy Tactics game or remaster the old version for PC. I'll defeneitly be buying this game on release day for the PC.

Great news, indeed! :)

Unfortunately (and I expected that) given the price tag I won't be getting this game anytime soon, if I ever.

And how I wish they did a remaster of SNES' Ogre Battle as well (the only game from the entire series that I played).
Whoa... I didn't see the price when the news broke earlier. $50? I definitely want to own this game, but that is near AAA pricing for a remaster of an older game. I would have bought for $20 easily, maybe $30, but $50 is too much, just on principle.

Yeah I did not see that until I checked the Steam page. Gotta say I'm not surprised as Square has been releasing games at high prices lately. At least it isn't $70 like usual.

That's what I thought this was at first. I didn't realize there were actually 2 SNES Ogre Battle games. This is based on the second game that was never released on the SNES outside of Japan.

A must buy for me, if it's PSP's Tactics Ogre: Let Us Cling Together.

I remember how Final Fantasy Tactics and other similar games put too much emphasis on the job system. I never liked it, using generic soldiers and being able to change their job as needed. Didn't make sense a mage being a barbarian next. Or having to hire soldiers. I prefered Tactics Ogre approach, where most of our team were unique characters. Made me care more about them and immerse in the story and gameplay, instead of looking at the game as a chess game, which is too "meta" for me.

So they take a 1995 game, clean up the sprites, add an autosave, set up the controls to work on PC, and charge $50 for it??? Wow. I'm more curious to see if people will pay that much than I am about the game itself!

There is a fantastic MOD of the original here:
One Vision mod for Tactics Ogre: Let Us Cling Together

In this remaster lots of new features are promised:
  • Fight pitched tactical battles on three-dimensional battlefields. The completely revamped AI enables enemies to adapt their tactics to the situation, providing a battle system that always keeps you thinking and never grows old.
  • The class-wide level management system used in Tactics Ogre (2010) has changed to a unit-by-unit level system. Theorycraft your way through endless combinations of classes, equipment, skills, and magic.
  • Enjoy numerous playability improvements, such as a quicker pace of battle, auto save, and a complete overhaul to the controls and UI to make it easier to get into the game than ever.
  • The unparalleled details of the characters and backgrounds from the original Tactics Ogre (1995) have been recreated in high definition, while the detailed pixel art that gives the game its unique feel has been preserved and enhanced.
  • The cutscenes are fully voiced in English and Japanese, and all of the music has been rerecorded with live performances! The voices bring new life to the complex motivations of the characters that make up the factions and shifting political alliances of this epic story.

So they take a 1995 game, clean up the sprites, add an autosave, set up the controls to work on PC, and charge $50 for it??? Wow. I'm more curious to see if people will pay that much than I am about the game itself!
square enix

In case you missed this from my news thread.

A closer look at Tactics Ogre: Reborn - Square Enix
Some of you will be already aware of Tactics Ogre - and are eager to learn what’s new in this edition of the game. But first, for those of you who may be unfamiliar with this genuine classic, we should start with a little history lesson.

Tactics Ogre Fans Unhappy With The New Remake's Price - TheGamer
Tactics Ogre: Reborn was announced yesterday after a leak already warned us of its impending arrival and November 11 release date. Like many of Square Enix’s remakes, the game features updated graphics, voice work, a re-recorded soundtrack with an actual orchestra, UI improvements, and quality of life changes that make this the best version of the game ever made.

However, fans are taking offense at Square Enix’s $50 USD price (£44.99 in the UK), especially considering Tactics Ogre is a remake of a game that was already remade in 2010 for the PSP. The original game came out in 1995 for the SNES, and the upcoming remake is based on the PSP version.

Isn't this basically what spiderweb games does?;)

I suspect someone will regain their collective senses and a more reasonable price point will be established.
You suspect they will announce a price and then say, our bad, the game isn't worth that folks, thanks for calling us out?
When Hell freezes over. If you're a betting man, we could put $50 on it or something.

Back
Top Bottom