Terminator: Resistance - Getting 4 hour DLC

Silver

Spaceman
Staff Member
Eurogamer reports that FPS/RPG Terminator: Resistance is getting a 4 hour campaign DLC for PC and PS5 on December 10th.

Terminator: Resistance is getting a four-hour narrative DLC campaign on PC and PlayStation 5-only.

Terminator: Resistance Annihilation Line, due out on Steam and the PlayStation Store on 10th December, picks up mid-way through the main campaign story. The announcement trailer is below:

John Connor orders protagonist Jacob Rivers to assist in the investigation of Northridge Outpost, a civilian settlement that's gone mysteriously silent. Rivers and a small team of resistance soldiers led by Kyle Reese then head beyond the Annihilation Line to work out what's going on.

[...]
More information.

Well, that's unexpected such a long time after release but a pleasant surprise nonetheless :) . I'm sure I'll pick up the DLC eventually because Terminator Resistance was a pretty fun game (not awesome but decent enough).

As a huge Terminator fan, I thought the game was great. That said, if you have to replay the main campaign to play this, I doubt I will bother, but I think I would if stand alone.

As a huge Terminator fan, I thought the game was great. That said, if you have to replay the main campaign to play this, I doubt I will bother, but I think I would if stand alone.

I liked it enough to finish, but I thought it was pretty average overall. It had a low-budget feel despite nailing the atmosphere. Like you, I wouldn't replay the entire game, so hopefully the DLC is standalone.

In case anybody reads this, it does appear the DLC is standalone, and it is also getting great reviews, so I will plan to pick this up at some point.

In case anybody reads this, it does appear the DLC is standalone

It's not really standalone or the description on the Steam page is wrong because it says that Terminator Resistance is required. It is kind of "standalone" within the game, however.
You can start a new DLC campaign from the main menu without being required to play through the main game.
There is a pop-up info box informing you that you should have ideally played the main game up to a certain mission in order to fully understand what the DLC is about.

I played through Resistance in May 2020 and can't really remember a thing :biggrin: except that the game was pretty good overall.
I have just started a new DLC campaign the other day and it's pretty straight-forward so far. I guess it's like a nice to have if you've played the main campaign up to the mission they suggest but it's not really a requirement.
The main game story certainly wasn't overly complex from the little I can remember so there shouldn't be any problem to just dive straight into the DLC.

I just finished the DLC. It was twice as long as advertised for me, i.e. eight hours instead of four. I played on hard, fully explored every map and did all side objectives.

I'm sure you could finish it in four/five hours if you run & gun on easy, skip dialogues and ignore the side missions.

On a whole it is more of the same so don't expect any fancy new mechanics, new weapons, new skills, new items or anything. It's just more Terminator Resistance.

I liked it because of the iconic Kyle Reese and the additional story was quite decent for a DLC. It was also fun to be part of a squad at times during the DLC instead of going solo all the time.
The main game also became a lot more fun towards the later missions imo when there was a sense of an actual war going on rather than missions that felt a little isolated from the larger events.

Back
Top Bottom