Professional voice acting

Fully adhering to the lore of Gothic series

40 hours of expected playtime

Complex main plot with many twists and secrets to discover

Over 150 quests with multiple ways to complete them

Multidimensional characters with credible backstories and personal goals

Breathtaking soundtrack composed solely for the purpose of the mod

About 200 random events that the main character may encounter

New crafting system with activities, such as alchemy, cooking and magic scrolls writing

Rebalanced economy and items stats considering 20 years of Gothic players feedback

Expanded travel system with option to choose between magic teleports, boats and mercenary caravans

More than 100 new armors and weapons with unique visuals

Valve has already approved final version of the game. Right now we are polishing remaining details and preparing for launch day.

Few important facts:
- Mod releases on December 10 at 4 PM (Central European Time).
- The mod requires Gothic 2 Gold Edition to be owned but there is no need to install it
- Steam will download about 5.7 GB
- For now supported DX11 mod version is: https://github.com/SaiyansKing/GD3D11/releases. Other DX11 versions may be unstable or cause visual issues that prevent gameplay.
- Compatibility with other mods, texturpacks and script packages is not guaranteed - they may prevent you from completing the game,

Already two hotfixes. It's in good shape especially with a tweaked DX11 utility (gd3d11). Looks amazingly good for a 2002 era game. Vurt has stopped by on the Steam forums to say he will probably update his Texture mod for it. This is a large complex mod/game that seems almost as big as the OG G2. I am really getting into it.

Already two hotfixes. It's in good shape especially with a tweaked DX11 utility (gd3d11). Looks amazingly good for a 2002 era game. Vurt has stopped by on the Steam forums to say he will probably update his Texture mod for it. This is a large complex mod/game that seems almost as big as the OG G2. I am really getting into it.

So you're playing with the DX11 mod too? I haven't tried that with Archolos yet. Have you experienced any glitches/bugs?

I experimented with using the DX11 mod with Gothic 1 earlier this year, but I couldn't get it quite right no matter what version I used. I eventually gave up and planned to try again once the mod was more stable.

There is a special version of GD3D11 for CoM, make sure you use that. The older version was problematic. The new one is actually approved and recommended by the Devs

https://github.com/SaiyansKing/GD3D11/releases

The first time it loaded I got an access violation but I reloaded and it's been stable for at least 5 hours so I think it's good. It looks great with some noticeable saturation and beautiful water. I have dynamic shadows off because it kills framerate but it still looks good. Give it a try.

Thanks. I will definitely give it a try.

I really liked some of the effects when I tried it with Gothic 1. The rain in particular looked incredible. I love how it made a precipitation fog during heavy downpours, or at least one of the versions did.

Ok, so I played it for about an hour with DX11. No crashes or lockups which were the problem when I used the mod with Gothic 1.

The lighting is great especially the godrays effect. Shadows are really good too, although sometimes shadows on the ground seem to jump a little bit. Also, I can see some faint horizontal lines on the ground sometimes. Like a weird shimmer effect. It's more noticeable when it's dark and I'm using a torch. Those things are minor though.

Hopefully they continue to optimize it. I'm getting the occasional stutter even on a GTX 1080. It also gets my GPU running pretty hot.

Hear ye, hear ye, people of Archolos!

Three days ago The Chronicles Of Myrtana was released, and we have to admit that we didn't expect for a moment such a response and such a good reception! At the time of writing this post, the rating on Steam is "overwhelmingly positive" (98%) with almost 1400 votes, and at its peak the game was played by almost 10,000 people (on Steam alone).

We are also proud to announce that we have been nominated for the prestigious 'Mod of the Year 2021' award on the Moddb platform and are currently second among the most popular mods! If you like the Chronicles, we would be very grateful to you for voting for us. We believe that with your help, anything is possible!

You can vote at this link:
https://www.moddb.com/groups/2021-mod-of-the-year-awards/top100#vote36621

We would also like to thank all the people who were in any way involved in the creation of The Chronicles of Myrtana. This project would never see the light if not for the commitment and dedication of dozens of people, who often have never even been involved in modding. If we were to list everyone here, this post would go on forever, but we are grateful for all the help and good words we have received along the way.

At the same time, we are aware of the problems that some of you have encountered. We are currently working on fixing all the bugs you send us. The smaller ones have been fixed in minor patches, but a bigger patch should be released in the near future. Rest assured, though, that you will be able to continue the game regardless.

Many of you have been asking how you can support or help us. Just a reminder - any financial support goes only to the maintenance of the servers. None of the team members receive any remuneration for working on the modification. The biggest reward and support for us is your positive feedback on the game and the fact that every day you sit down to it with such an enthusiasm!

May Adanos be with you!
:cool:

Hotfix 1.0.3 is available now!

While we're working on bigger 1.1 patch, we decided to try to keep everyday delivery with important smaller hotfixes.

The update fixes a few issues that were already fixed by the community thanks to plugins / patches loaded by Union. Please make sure you have an updated version of these patches or deactivate additional files if you encounter crashes.

The list of changes may contain spoilers but we try to avoid them as much as possible. The issues listed below did not affect all players.

Here is the list of changes:
Chapter 1 - Fixed potential blocked dialogue with Markus in quest "Beloved Daughter"
Chapter 2 - Added workaround for potential issues with not spawned recruits in quest "Training of Recruits"
Chapter 2 - Added workaround for potential issues with not spawned guards in quest "The One Who Comes and Goes"
Chapter 3 - Fixed potential crash and progression issues in quest "Blood Money" connected to Coyote and his bodyguards
Fixed crashes on loading saves e.g. after returning from Settings menu
Fixed pickaxe breaking during mining
Fixed problem with saving redundant data in the game save. However, it should not significantly speed up saving and loading the game.
Fixed potential infinite and looped dialogs with Pot
Fixed English localization of Gaston's teaching dialogues

Please remember that for now Patches do not force you to start new playthrough! You can load your savegames and continue.

I love that they're giving this such strong post-release support. I voted for it for Mod of the Year. I think it's easily one of the best total conversions I've ever seen.

Totally agree. Hotfix 1.0.4 just in and the devs are active and responsive on their discord. They are handing this very professionally. I am very impressed in all respects.

Hotfix 1.0.4 is available now!

The list of changes may contain spoilers but we try to avoid them as much as possible. The issues listed below did not affect all players.

Here is the list of changes:
- Chapter 3 - Added missing fix for progression issues in quest "Blood Money" connected to Coyote and his bodyguards]
- Fixed skill "Pick Locks" in character screen
- Fixed wrong attributes in item "Sailor's Belt"
- Fixed unnecessary items creation when interacting with anvils
- Fixed other minor problems

Please remember that for now Patches do not force you to start new playthrough! You can load your savegames and continue.

Too bad they didnt put a cosmetic paid dlc or something, would have bought it gladly to support them

Thanks for posting this. I knew nothing about this mod and love new Gothic content. This will be my favorite Christmas present. I wish some of the large Skyrim mods would take note of this and actually get something released ;)

There is a special version of GD3D11 for CoM, make sure you use that. The older version was problematic. The new one is actually approved and recommended by the Devs

https://github.com/SaiyansKing/GD3D11/releases

The first time it loaded I got an access violation but I reloaded and it's been stable for at least 5 hours so I think it's good. It looks great with some noticeable saturation and beautiful water. I have dynamic shadows off because it kills framerate but it still looks good. Give it a try.

Any chance you could give fast instructions on downloading this mod for my GoG version? I want to make sure I extract it to the right folder and WOG can take forever to find the correct instructions. Couldn't find the instructions on github but maybe that's because I'm a moron :)

Any chance you could give fast instructions on downloading this mod for my GoG version? I want to make sure I extract it to the right folder and WOG can take forever to find the correct instructions. Couldn't find the instructions on github but maybe that's because I'm a moron :)

It's pretty simple. Just unzip it into the "System" folder in the install directory.

So, for you, it should be "...GOG Games\TheChroniclesOfMyrtana\System" assuming you use the default install for GOG games.

I understand that the Kirides version has been updated to include the changes so I guess you can now use either. Anyway, it goes in the system folder as mentioned. There should be one subfolder and several loose files.

Back
Top Bottom