Gothic 2 The Chronicles Of Myrtana: Archolos

Hotfix 1.0.5 is available now!

The list of changes may contain spoilers but we try to avoid them as much as possible. The issues listed below did not affect all players.

Here is the list of changes:
Chapter 1 - Fixed issue with refusal of "The Art of Writing" quest
Chapter 2 - Fixed issue with joining Araxos during "The Night Patrol" quest
Chapter 3 - Fixed progression issues with "They shall not pass" quest
Chapter 3 - Fixed progression issues with "New orders" quest
Fixed issue with dexterity points after unequiping "Dexterity Belt" item
Fixed other minor problems

Please remember that for now Patches do not force you to start new playthrough! You can load your savegames and continue.
If there is an update that requires you to start a new game, you will be able to continue playthrough on the previous version anyway.
There are no plans for such an update for now.

Hotfix 1.0.6 is available now!

We probably won't ship another hotfixes until 1.1 patch. Only critical problems would be fixed if they occur. Thank you very much for your feedback, bug reports and fix propositions! We need rest for some time but we will come back to you with bigger 1.1 that fixes more minor bugs and some balance issues. Only then will the community-supported translation process begin as we still have some English localization issues to fix. You can join your language team on https://translate.thechroniclesofmyrtana.com.

The list of changes may contain spoilers but we try to avoid them as much as possible. The issues listed below did not affect all players.

Fixed progression issues with "Hunter's blood" quest
Fixed progression issues with "In the service of his majesty" quest
Fixed progression issues with "In Broad Daylight" quest
Fixed progression issues with "One Thing Leads to Another" quest
Fixed progression issues with "Bear trouble" quest
Fixed animal trophies (teeth) learning from Allan
Fixed other minor problems

Please remember that Patches do not force you to start new playthrough! You can load your savegames and continue.
If there is an update that requires you to start a new game, you will be able to continue playthrough on the previous version anyway.

2 patches a day, they seem busy :biggrin:

Oddly enough, they still haven't fixed the control options menu not being fully translated. It's a minor issue but annoying.

Is there voice acting? I can only read text. I don't mind so much but I thought there was some voice acting.
The mod starter/launcher has three options.

1. Polish Text & Polish Speech
2. English Text & No Speech
3. English Text & Polish Speech

Is there voice acting? I can only read text. I don't mind so much but I thought there was some voice acting.
If you installed in English, you have to DL a separate Polish Language Pack. It's on the Steam store page and there is a link in the Steam forums.

The second weekend with The Chronicles of Myrtana is already behind us, and we are still amazed how many of you decided to play our production - on Steam alone, the mod was added to the library by over 110,000 users, and an average of 30,000 of them play it every day!

We would also like to remind you that there are only 24 hours left for you to vote - if you like The Chronicles of Myrtana, your support will be the best reward we could ever imagine!

Link to vote:
https://www.moddb.com/groups/2021-mod-of-the-year-awards/top100#vote36621

What's next?
Currently, we are working on the biggest patch so far - the patch number 1.1.0 - it will fix many of the major bugs that you have discovered so far. Just like with other patches, installing this one, will not require from you to start the game from scratch. What is more, the patch will provide all owners of houses in the city of Archolos a small Christmas surprise that we have prepared :)

May Adanos watch over you!
:biggrin:

Is there a game out there that gets you more excited about buying or finding armor than the Gothic games? Chronicles of Myrtana have even more choices for armor. Fantastic!

Yes, CoM seems to be even bigger and better than G2 itself. I was in the middle of a G2 game (chapter 4) when I switched to playing this and I find it more immersive, expansive and complex than the original. In fact I think it has transcended the original. at least through Ch. 2.

I've played over 52 hours, I'm level 15 and still in chapter 2 of 6. People who have finished claim to reach levels between 55 and 60. I can't stop playing despite a few annoying niggles!! :)

I'm a very long-time lurker and and wanted to de-cloak to ask a few questions. Is anyone having issues playing this game on Win 10? Is there a FAQ for optimizing on Win 10? From a patching POV, does it matter whether I get it from Steam or GoG?

No problems with win10 here. While I usually prefer GOG, in this case I went with Steam because they handle updates better and make installation of the language pack painless. They updated the basic game to be compatible.

It's not bad but it still feels like playing an early 1990's game given the controls.:biggrin:

Patch 1.1 is available now!

We sincerely thank all members of the community for reporting bugs, and especially Tulipan, Buzka555, DreXav, Shouη and Franisz for supporting us in bug fixes organization.

We are switching off for Christmas holidays so if you encounter any problems please follow our FAQs, Steam forum discussions, Discord etc. We are not going to ship any updates until new year. If some critical issue occurs, we will try to ship Hotfix as soon as possible. If you encounter any new problems caused by this patch, please rollback to the previous version (Properties -> Beta -> Select version).

Unfortunately, due to technical problems with Crowdin, for now we are not able to start community-supported localization on this platform. Please wait until further announcements. We are in touch with Crowdin team and working to make it working as soon as possible and to optimize costs as much as we can.

Chapter 1: Fixed progression issues with "Debt payment" quest (no dialogue with Bastian)
Chapter 2: Fixed progression issues with "Boy's farm" quest (doing two paths at the same time)
Chapter 3: Fixed progression issues with "They shall not pass" quest (if Griz dies)
Chapter 5: Fixed progression issues with "Keeper of the Balance" quest (Kessel not appearing at the meeting point)
Chapter 5: Fixed progression issues with "From bad to worse" quest (blocked door)
Fixed a lot of crashes: after drinking potions, when talking to multiple characters, on loading the game, on changing worlds and more
Fixed issues with frozen game time. After sleeping in bed or waiting on a bench, the time should continue as normal.
Fixed videos (intro, outro and credits). All videos are now coded in the same resolution as the video in the original game and should play at any resolution.
Improved compatibility of redistributable Microsoft Visual C ++ libraries. It might fix issues with launching the game and with its stability.
Improved compatibility on Steam (added installation of DirectX libraries)
Added new loading screens
Fixed some voiceover issues (mismatches between text and voice etc.)
Fixed issues with applying item bonuses after using transformation spells
Fixed issues with rendering some armors that could be invisible on the bodies of the player and NPCs
Fixed the ability to purchase the armor "Knight Armour" in Chapter 5
Added information about the controls of the Gothic 1 inventory mode to the settings menu
Fixed location name in the save loading menu
Fixed display of item names in log entries after reading recipes
Fixed map closing with ESCAPE key (no longer opens the main menu)
Improved balance of summon spells cost and changed the time of opening locks with the "Open Lock" spell
Added new options to the settings menu: scaling videos, launching game in windowed mode. Changing these settings can help with game stability issues.
Many spelling and punctuation fixes for Polish and English versions
Updated some texts and dialogues that, due to quote marks, made it difficult for community members to prepare unofficial localizations
Fixed other minor issues
Some of the fixes are applied only when loading previous save files, so please try your latest save and if it doesn't work, we recommend to try few previous ones.

Please remember that Patches do not force you to start new playthrough! You can load your savegames and continue.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm working to get this to a point where it's functionally playable. I was an avid Gothic fan and do remember the odd controls schema, so no issues there. My first problem was my Multiple Displays setting was configured to "Extend These Displays" but I had dumped the 2nd monitor a while back. Setting it to "Show Only on 1" fixed some weirdness. The problem now is the resolution. The left side of the dialog text is not showing due to stretching. Looks like it defaults to 1024x768 and cannot support anything higher. I tried putting it in windowed mode, did not help.

I'm running it in 1920 x 1080 with no problems. That resolution was available for me to choose in game settings. Took a little while to find it though. :)

I'm running it in 1920 x 1080 with no problems. That resolution was available for me to choose in game settings. Took a little while to find it though. :)

There seems to be some disconnect between what the game setting is - and what's in the gothic.ini file. The ini file has me at 800x600x16. The game setting is 2560x1440x32 - that was automatic, I did not have to select it. So I tried editing the gothic.ini file to match the game setting - and the startup of the game just reset the value in the ini file to 800x600x16. Even though the game setting does not change.

Back
Top Bottom