Gothic 2 The Chronicles Of Myrtana: Archolos

@KingKragen; Did you manage to get that sorted out?

Nope. I'll put this aside until maybe more patches and more technical information is released. Just tired of paying with ".ini" files and restarting constantly.

Moving on to "The Outer Worlds" which I just purchased for $20. Still in only the first town, but I'm enjoying it.

I didn't have to edit any files to get my resolution, so not sure why you're having issues; I did everything from the in game settings window!!

There seems to be some disconnect between what the game setting is - and what's in the gothic.ini file. The ini file has me at 800x600x16. The game setting is 2560x1440x32 - that was automatic, I did not have to select it. So I tried editing the gothic.ini file to match the game setting - and the startup of the game just reset the value in the ini file to 800x600x16. Even though the game setting does not change.

What version of Gothic 2 are you using? Steam, GOG, or an older version?

Also, what are your system specs and OS?

What version of Gothic 2 are you using? Steam, GOG, or an older version?

Also, what are your system specs and OS?

I purchased Gothic 2 Gold via Steam just prior to downloading Myrtana. I'm on Windows 10. My PC is is a i5-8400 CPU, 16GB Ram, with a GEForce GTX 1070.

Patch 1.1.3 is available now!

We are going to release another major Patch named 1.2 in a few days. It will feature even more bugfixes, balance changes and other improvements. We also hope to start community-supported translation on Crowdin after the patch, but we still can't confirm it yet. Once again, please wait for further announcements as we continue to work on preparing Crowdin. We sincerely thank you for the great response from all communities that want to give their compatriots a chance to experience our game!

The list of changes may contain spoilers but we try to avoid them as much as possible. The issues listed below did not affect all players.

Here is the list of changes:
Chapter 2: Fixed an issue in quest "Worker's honor" where Recon and Veigo would not go to jail
Chapter 2: Fixed an issue in quest "The Night Patrol" where Weigar would have improper reactions
Chapter 4: Fixed an issue in quest "For the public good" where Lorenzo would talk wrong dialog lines and give no reward
Chapter 4: Fixed an issue in quest "For the public good" where some of NPCs would be duplicated in game world
Chapter 4: Fixed an issue in quest "Closing the business" where burned crates would not disappear
Chapter 5: Fixed an issue in quest "Crownless King" where Javad would appear during the quest even if he was already recruited for quest "A job for tough guys"
Chapter 5: Fixed an issue in quest "From bad to worse" where player could not sleep in a bed
Fixed an issue in quest "This Fish Doesn't Stink" where Armar would take player's gold instead of giving it as a reward
Fixed Ezekiel after reading the wanted poster for "The Hyena". Now he should appear in Silbach's tavern.
Fixed trading with Pablo
Fixed required materials for "The Avenger", "The Swine" and "Javelin" diagrams
Fixed crashes which would occur after using items that increase player's temporary stats or skills: potions, weeds etc.
Fixed a bug where Caramon would have no armor
Disabled some of the new cheat console commands. Players could block the progression of story quests by using cheats.
Improved player killing during specific events and cinematic sequences. Players could block the progression of story quests by using resurrection (F8 key).
Fixed an issue where the player could no longer talk to NPCs. After loading the savefile, the problem should be fixed.
Fixed an issue which would cause the gold to disappear from player's inventory
Fixed issues with promotion in the city guard
Improved some of random events, so they do not spawn during main quests
Fixed other minor problems

Please remember that updates do not force you to start new playthrough! You can load your savegames and continue.
If there is an update that requires you to start a new game, you will be able to continue playthrough on the previous version anyway.
There are no plans for such an update for now.

Patch 1.2 is available now!

Big thanks to entire community for reporting issues and proposing changes! Special thanks go again to our Community Heroes for helping us with bug fixes organization and for helping players with their problems.

Announcement for translators: Finally, Crowdin platform is fully operational and ready for you! We've already accepted all join requests (over 200!) and we can start the translation. For now, we cooperate with Italian group of fans from Piranha Bytes Italia group, and we await for other organized groups to help to coordinate and proofread. Please join our Discord and ask administrators/moderators to add you a Translator Role. On special channels you will be able to communicate with other translators and you will be notified about all the important news about the translation. Thanks!

The list of changes may contain spoilers but we try to avoid them as much as possible. The issues listed below did not affect all players.

Here is a list of the most notable change.

Magic changes
Learning fourth magic circle now grants small mana regeneration (5% every 2 seconds)
Slightly decreased "Geyser" spell damage
Decreased permanent mana bonus after drinking "Elixir of Spirit" from 5 to 3 points
Increased mana requirement for magic staves
Magic staves now grant little bonus to magic damage from runes and spells
Added "Elixir of Magic Potential" potion that permanently increases magic damage (+5 points)
Increased mana regeneration from 5% to 10% after drinking "Mana Regeneration Potion" and "Extended Mana Regeneration Potion"
Increased effect time after drinking "Mana Regeneration Potion" and "Extended Mana Regeneration Potion" respectively from 3 minutes to 6 minutes, and from 5 minutes to 10 minutes

Balance changes
Increased income from apprenticeship with Davis. Now he pays 3/4 of the price, he pays 4x for wood, and he buys also "Gold chest" and "Silver chest"
Rebalanced some boss fights and duels in Alena's Fight Club
Decreased the price of "Knight Armor" to 9000 gold pieces

Other gameplay changes
Improved random events system. Tweaked chances of events spawn and fixed many events overlapping with main quests.
Added possibility to join trackers in Araxos also with crossbow skill

Bugfixes
Fixed an issue where "The Basics of Pickpocketing" book would decrease pickpocketing skill
Fixed original Gothic crash which would happen after loading a saved game that was saved right after casting a spell by an NPC
Fixed an issue where a weapon player wields because of temporary strength/dexterity potion effect would decrease fighting abilities
Fixed an issue in quest "Breakthrough Discovery" where the quest would be failed even after testing all potions
Fixed an issue in quest "One Thing Leads to Another" where reading a letter would not create log entries
Fixed an issue where the player could not withdraw from leaving Araxos guild
Fixed an issue where training dialogs with Allan would display incorrect gold cost
Fixed an issue where Odgar would not give any gift after apprenticeship
Fixed required items to craft "Reinforced Crossbow" and "Heavy Crossbow"
Fixed incorrect bonus after eating "Pickled Mushrooms"
Fixed incorrect effect time after drinking "Extended Mana Regeneration Potion"
Fixed issues with incorrect information in final boards
Fixed an issue where Lennart would be spawned twice in the world
Fixed typos, spelling errors and other linguistic issues
Fixed other minor issues

Other
Added Rich Presence feature also for Steam version

Please remember that updates do not force you to start a new playthrough! You can load your savegames and continue.
If there is an update that requires you to start a new game, you will still be able to continue playthrough on the previous version anyway.

So I own and have G2 in my library. Does it have to be installed to run the game.
Yes there are a few steps needed for manual install but Steam should automatically handle them. It basically adds files to the main game with a mod loader to start the mod.

Yes, I'm really impressed with how Steam handled it. From their anniversary update to the auto install of Archolos. Very smooth, totally hands off for the user.

I was not aware this existed, until someone else who was waiting for the camera issues in Elex 2 to be fixed pointed it out. I would just like to say thank you so much to the developers. :) I'm only about 15 hours in, but this is shaping up to be a strong contender for my favorite mod ever (a position currently held by the Master of Mana total conversion for Civ IV).

Gothic 2 is my favorite RPG of all time. As someone who has played it at least 5 or 6 times, but now hasn't played it for several, going back to find a brand new world and adventure to experience is the best gaming related surprise I could have had. :)

If the quality I'm seeing now keeps up further into the game, I will probably be playing this to completion before returning to Elex 2, which will hopefully only get better with more patches.

I was not aware this existed, until someone else who was waiting for the camera issues in Elex 2 to be fixed pointed it out. I would just like to say thank you so much to the developers. :) I'm only about 15 hours in, but this is shaping up to be a strong contender for my favorite mod ever (a position currently held by the Master of Mana total conversion for Civ IV).

Gothic 2 is my favorite RPG of all time. As someone who has played it at least 5 or 6 times, but now hasn't played it for several, going back to find a brand new world and adventure to experience is the best gaming related surprise I could have had. :)

If the quality I'm seeing now keeps up further into the game, I will probably be playing this to completion before returning to Elex 2, which will hopefully only get better with more patches.

You will get around 80 hours of gaming goodness with CoM. The ending was really good and I had a blast all the way through.

One of the best mods ever along with Fall from Heaven, Wake of the Gods, New Horizons, and Master of Mana. Nice to see another Master of Mana fan here.

Finally started this and its great, as expected. Gained a few levels and robbed every chest and house in the first village (open lock spell feels op imo) to afford learning taking trophies from Markus and Candren. From what i saw so far, i like it 2h style, bigger delay between hits as expected but i keep the mobs at a comfortable distance.
Compared to gothic 1+2, it has crafting, cooking, transcribing, alot of verticality in world design, a big ass city, i even like the voice acting though ofc i dont understand shit, and probably other stuff i havent found/heard yet. This mod is a great hit, im sure it would have sold well.

It's good but I doubt it would have sold well as a commercial game. It would have been savaged in reviews about poor graphics and controls. Bought only by fanboys.

I can tell just from this very thread and the forum with Gothic news-bits.

We call that Rose-colored glasses.:p

Sometimes I think Nereida is right about this sites members.:p

As for JDR he loves to shit-post on my shit-posts he gets off on that.;)

Back
Top Bottom