Gothic 2 The Chronicles Of Myrtana: Archolos

Im around 55h in it and so far explored around half of the map, somehow managed to get a good build and can take acceptable dmg from many mobs. Level 25 and just crafted that bad boy from the pic. Spent around 10h exploring the big city and talking to everyone, although still got a district left, where i need a special pass to get into.
The more i play, the more i have the feeling of playing Kingdom Come, lots of stuff from that one here. Just found out i can upgrade my armor as well, also robbed every house in the city lol.
Went full strenght + 2h and ditched dex since the crossbows here are really nice and do a ton of dmg. Also learned the first circle of mages and constantly use summon wolf, it really can take a hit and tank the more undesirable mobs, although black bears or other instakills it lol.
After exploring more of the map, i gotta say the design is fantastic, alot of well hidden secrets and verticality, you can climb alot and find goodies, and plenty of them are hidden logically. Learned to always walk around with a telekinesis spell because there is big and dense vegetation everywhere and alot of plants or good shit is missable.
ps cool bro in the 2nd pic :biggrin:

Attachments

• Gothic2_2022_04_24_10_41_45_451.jpg
    Gothic2_2022_04_24_10_41_45_451.jpg
    178.8 KB · Views: 96
  • Gothic2_2022_04_23_23_42_10_998.jpg
    Gothic2_2022_04_23_23_42_10_998.jpg
    162.8 KB · Views: 96
  • Gothic2_2022_04_23_23_43_59_415.jpg
    Gothic2_2022_04_23_23_43_59_415.jpg
    157.4 KB · Views: 95
No spoilers below, finished this after around 120h, great achievement of a mod, really astonishing what the devs did; read somewhere it has 640k words, even more impressive when every dialogue line is voiced. Still some bugs here and there but nothing major. I advise though to use the quicksave mod which allows you to use how many slots you want for quicksaves (as an interesting fact, i used qs 769 times lol)
Anyway, final stats in the pic, that mod with the stats doesnt take into consideration the time wasted in loaded games, so its shorter than my 120h. (at the attributes, right numbers are learned+from bonus, nice amount of ways to raise stats through bonuses)

Attachments

• Gothic2_2022_04_30_15_34_05_693.jpg
    Gothic2_2022_04_30_15_34_05_693.jpg
    200.1 KB · Views: 77
The Chronicles of Myrtana: Archolos is now available in German!

Big thanks go to everyone in German community who translated the game!

If you intend to switch to the German localization, right click on CoM: Archolos in your Steam library, choose "Properties" and go to the "Language" tab.

To report translation bugs in the German version, we recommend posting them on our Discord.

Other localizations that are actively being worked on are: Russian, Italian, Spanish and Czech.

If you want to help translating the game into your own language or help the existing translation teams, get in touch with us on our Discord.

Have fun!

Sort of ironic that it was available in English before German.

It's cool to see it being popular enough to get all these localizations.

Easily GOTY 2021. It's even better than Gothic 2 which before this was the high point of the series (Gothic, Risen, E-something, all of them).

A fan-made mod made in the splitting image of Gothic 2 + gameplay & thematically appropriate new features = new high point of Gothic series.

Yeah, unbelievable. There's even a plan for future "hardcore" difficulty mode. Suffice to say, you can't pay for something this good as a Gothic fan, the original creators are no longer capable of it. Fortunate indeed.

Also there's the "Other Archolos," the one that split from this that is still forthcoming.

Finished this last week. I'd definitely rate it as one of the best mods I ever played. 10/10.

I recently started this to celebrate the 20th anniversiry of Gothic 2 and it is almost as good as the original (perhaps as good but notalgia counts)
For what it is worth outstanding work and probably the best mod I have ever played

It was a bit of a hassle to get to work with the original discs but I made it

What I also like is that each of the 2 factions you can join have their own extensive list of different quests so that nearly doubles its length when you replay it!!

Back
Top Bottom