The DioField Chronicle - Demo Impressions

I wasn't impressed. I thought the game looked better than what it is. After the playing the demo though, I have to say it feels pretty average. I'm not a fan of JRPGs in general though, so take this with a grain of salt.

The dialogue and voice acting are standard JRPG fare which to me means they're pretty bad. The characters from what I saw are also pretty standard for the genre. For example, two of the three starting party members look and sound like teenagers. The graphics are sub-par except for the summons which are cool-looking enough.

I only played through 2 full battles because I wasn't compelled to continue longer than that, but the strategy part doesn't seem very deep. It's easy to draw out enemies 1 or 2 at a time and overwhelm them. Hopefully later battles aren't that simple, but I won't be getting the full game.

I played the demo and quite enjoyed it; pretty certain I'll be buying this a some point. I'm not a JRPG fan either but I do love a good sRPG and this scratches that itch for me. Personally I liked the look of the game, the characters and voice acting. I think the combat will be very good... it's an interesting hybrid of an ARPG and sRPG imo and I enjoyed it. It did feel too easy to me but I assume you'll be able to change difficulties and as well, it felt like you're a bit over-leveled in the demo.

Back
Top Bottom