The Division

What is the campaign like? I got an itch to play a shooter. The last shooter I enjoyed was Spec Ops: The Line. I do like my shooters to have a story and to be fairly accurate in terms of weapons.

Pretty long too, you can get 80-90h combined
You could spend that much time on the first game alone. I got bored with it long before that though.

What is the campaign like? I got an itch to play a shooter. The last shooter I enjoyed was Spec Ops: The Line. I do like my shooters to have a story and to be fairly accurate in terms of weapons.
It's fun for awhile, but there isn't much variety, and after a certain point you start to realize you're just doing the same things over and over.

For $10 though it's worth checking out if you're in the mood for a nice looking looter shooter.

I tried Division 2 for 2-3 times, but I never managed to get outside of the first 1-2 hours. It gets so repetitive, for me at least. It looks pretty and the gameplay is good, but it's so samey. And the spec-ops power-fantasy is also so cringe.
They could've made it a more mature spy/operative thriller, with corruption, power circles, cells inside the guvernment, etc. But it's mostly the same as Division 1. We good. Go kill bad-guys.

In Division 1 I managed to get a lot farther in, but it also suffers from most of the same thing. But the New York setting was more interesting for me.
The greatest crime of Division is that it wasn't something else entirely. The engine is really strong, and they could've built something cool. But no, just another looter-shooter. In the setting with the least potential for all of that, since you constantly have a tug-of-war with the realism of it all.

I enjoyed this game for a while co-oping with a friend. We run around and shot shit. The story doesn't really matter and it's easy to forget. Played the game through once and realised that the world respawns with another type of enemy.

I was playing a lot the first Division because of the good characters - their cutscenes were really well made, but the characters in Division 2 were so bad. So yes, you don't need complicated story, but you do need a well made story... I don't need complicated story for RPG sandbox either (and I'm flamed for it), but I need something interesting, uncovered in an interesting way. Also I loved the winter lonely amotsphere, but they didn't nail it with the summer time for me in Division 2.
Also their UI designer in Division 2 seems to be really mean, because he left there such crap after players complained about bugs and inconveniece of menus, it got even worse. And their tutorials in the middle of fight was over and over, so I couln't really get into the game. It is really sad when you cannot turn off tutorials - it does feel so forced and rude almost.
And then there was their end game - raids for just a few players and always changing endgame sets - nerfing and boosting - that was their endgame.
And always returning cosmetic boxes and autochanging ownership of guilds.

When some devs around The last of us 2 leaks said that nobody would destroy or spoil hard work of his dev team - that exactly what did happen and it is quite common. Games arn't just more boring and stupid, but also more annoying and nobody seems to care from their teams.

Back
Top Bottom