The ever-popular "Currently Listening" thread

ROB ZOMBIE - The Eternal Struggles of The Howling Man

He has a new album coming out this march.:cool:

Y'all have strayed from the Waze of the Gaze. Repent!

Not sure if I've put up the particular track, but it's good enough to put up over and over anyway. Shoegaze the way it should be- soaring, some musical complexity, and feels like laying in a bed of cotton candy.

Not exactly music, but fits in this thread more than others: The most inspiring interview I've ever watched, Gail Ann Dorsey talks about her life. From growing up in Philadelphia to making the choice to leave film school, to touring with David Bowie and Lenny Kravitz.

Gail Dorsey is a sheer saint for all she tolerated from Bowie, considering how shabbily he treated her at times, and I'm saying this as a person that loved and worshiped the man. Her tolerance of her fellow mates is only exceeded by her guitar playing chops, along with her fine vocals, which are not displayed enough. Getting to hear her sing "Happy Birthday" to David in person some twenty-odd years ago is one of the highlights of my life, and always will be. What a living gem!

Germany was certainly top league during the classical period, but, I would suggest, the performance hasn't been quite as stellar during the pop era. :p

There are some good Indie/Punk/Hardrock/Techno-bands and Middle-Age Rock bands.

But only a few like Kraftwerk, Scorpions, Trio, Nena, Alphaville etc. got international recognition.

Ah, yes. I remember there was something similar from Germany. I recommend sticking around for the yodeling solo.

Udo is Legend, but you have to understand the texts and he sings mostly in German.
He's 74 years old now and still rocking.

There are some good Indie/Punk/Hardrock/Techno-bands and Middle-Age Rock bands.

But only a few like Kraftwerk, Scorpions, Trio, Nena, Alphaville etc. got international recognition.

I'd argue that Rammstein is more popular than any of those artists save for the Scorpions. (who I didn't even realize were German until now.) I've never even heard of Trio or Alphaville, and Nena was just a 1-hit wonder at least over here.

Back
Top Bottom