The ever-popular "Currently Listening" thread

I actually enjoy Nightwish from time to time, although that particular tune didn't do it for me (not that that matters). Buuuuut, naughty children shall be punished.

Yo DT - long time no see, old timer :)

I'm in love with Mad Season / Alice in Chains all over again
Thankfully, I never listened to Jar of Flies previously, or any of their stuff w/ new singer so I've got a trove to dig into.
Got into the Unplugged session of these, pretty heartbreaking to see Layne Staley do Nutshell and Down in a Hole :(

Jar of Flies is pretty good, the last song to me "swing on this" is incredibly annoying, for some reason, so I skip it every time, making this EP quite short but sweet

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_6LvI70Spjg

Last edited:
Yo DT - long time no see, old timer :)

I'm in love with Mad Season / Alice in Chains all over again
Thankfully, I never listened to Jar of Flies previously, or any of their stuff w/ new singer so I've got a trove to dig into.
Got into the Unplugged session of these, pretty heartbreaking to see Layne Staley do Nutshell and Down in a Hole :(

Jar of Flies is pretty good, the last song to me "swing on this" is incredibly annoying, for some reason, so I skip it every time, making this EP quite short but sweet

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_6LvI70Spjg

I was big into the 'Dirt' album back in the day. Was never a fan though after Staley passed away.

I was supposed to see them live once, but they cancelled. They were going to open for Metallica at an outdoor concert in Orlando. I think that's when Staley was starting to have his issues.

I was fortunate enough to see Alice in Chains live twice during the nineties, memories that I'll cherish forever. If you don't care for Duvall, there is a cover band called Facelift that has a singer who sounds like Staley reincarnated, no lie. And if you know your Alice in Chains, you'll know where they got the name for that cover band!

Primus is good stuff, I'm a huge fan of the musical marriage between Sean Lenon and Claypool. Dear god they make some great music, and some of their covers have to be experienced to be believed, notably Court of the Crimson King, and Floyd's Astronomy Domine. Primus as a group is also well worth listening to, every album is a gem.

I saw them twice, once at one of the HFS'tivals of the nineties, and once in some dive in DC when they were playing with the Prodigy, and I think I was deaf for three days afterwards. I really miss those summer concerts, I think I only ever missed one when I was living in the area. Not sure if they even do them anymore.

Hey ol' buddy, ol' pal

Nope, havent been doing the doom metal thing lately.

inbetween some dips back into Alice in Chains/Mad Season, I've beendoing instrumental synthwave & lofi compilations on youtube all day whilst I work.

I've fired up some Zappa today, specifically Joe's Garage, while I'm exploring a new game called Eredia. Frank's dulcet tones just makes the world a happier, more joyous place to hang out! =)

Don't think I've put this one up before. Enjoy.

Hugh Laurie - St James Infirmary

Back
Top Bottom