The ever-popular "Currently Listening" thread

After my almost two week affair with all things Rolling Stones, today I took to the porch with two of Alice in Chains finest, Facelift and Dirt. They just don't make albums like these anymore!

So Abba is releasing a new album. Can't say I'm excited, but it will be interesting to see what they're coming up with. I like some of their stuff, although I've never bought an album by them. And for the record, I've never watched any of the Mamma Mia movies.

Two new songs are available on youtube. One of them "Don't shut me dow" isn't too bad. The other one - meh.

Here is a video that's got nothing to do with the new album, but actually is a bit funny:

pibbuR who knows me (but not you).

"Uh oh - Benny's being garbage-collected right in the middle of Waterloo."

I've seen some excellent gigs by older artists whose music suited an older person (Leonard Cohen being one), but I really feel this has been flogged enough, now.

This morning I was feeling a bit feisty and took to the porch with some classic Molly Hatchet. Oh man, this was the stuff of pure magic in the seventies and early eighties, their first four albums are simply wonderful!

Bought myself Ringo Starr's EP "Zoom in Zoom Out" - and I love it.
Rarely had such a good luck with an instant buy of a record !
Don't get fooled by its cover - there's a good variety of music styles to be hear /Blues, Reggae, even bits of swing, or so it sounds to me),
and the opener is just a "feel good" song !
The last song, however, speaks only truth : "There's not enough love in this world … There's not enough peace in this world … " Even a cynic should agree to that.

twitching-dreyfus.gif

I think HiddenX is messing with me...

Bought myself the 2 Abba Single CDs yesterday ... nice music, but there's only 1 song on each CD, and that's all. And both of them are on the forthcoming album.
I call that profit maximizing.

Ahahaha, don't I wish! No, I'm rather low-tech, I just have a chargable boombox that I drag outside with me. With a full charge it'll run for four to five hours before being exhausted.

Back
Top Bottom