The ever-popular "Currently Listening" thread

Today I took to the porch with the always amazing Kinks, with three of their albums that I simply cannot live without: Preservation Acts one and two, and Give the People What They Want. There are other albums of theirs that I also enjoy, yet these three are my favorites. Ray Davies and his mates can do no musical wrongs in my book.
Good call! Several really solid songs on "Give". I was always partial to this one:

("Predictable" for the post police)

I see that Bathe Alone put another tune out there. Enjoy!

("Animals and Trees" for the post police)

Well, we could have some real fun with this request concept. We could bury our friend in gazing goodness, or we could do the whiplash thing and do NIN to Enya to Public Enemy or some such… :)

I actually haven't been listening to much now that my commute is down in 7 minutes. Still pretty excited about Bathe Alone. She posted a few live tracks that are fun to watch and hear. I love how the band is happy. Remember when music was fun and happy?

What a fantastically solid sound. Love it.

I've been in a Depeche Mode frenzy the past two days or so with the passing of Andy Fletcher. Their box set is pretty terrific and covers a lot, well worth picking up and not too expensive.

Samantha Fish - Bitch On The Run - Don Odell's Legends

Joanna Connor - Walkin' Blues - 6/2/18 Western MD Blues Festival - Hagerstown, MD

The Best of Jean Michel Jarre

Part 1:

Part 2:

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLXhfRoiJBIisZQ8vMbNUApfin2R8Rbcav

Recently got around to listening to another King Crimson album called In the Wake of Poseidon, a few months after hearing In the Court of the Crimson King for the first time, my all-time favorite album. It was good, but it wasn't nearly as good as the album that came before it, but there were some great highlights like "Pictures of a City" and "The Devil's Triangle".

Last edited:
Despite the outrage we all know were the money went in Cyberpunk 2077. The music.

Kerry Eurodyne - Chippin' In

Blind Guardian is back with a new Album this year as well.:bow:

John McLaughlin - Peace One

I find that more disturbing than peaceful for some reason. :)

Interesting tune though. The bassline reminds me of Tom Sawyer.

Yeah, it's something a bit different, alright. I wondered whether maybe a pibbuR or a Hurls might be familiar with McLaughlin.

Nice!

I know McLaughlin from the album Friday Night in San Francisco, with Paco de Lucia and Al Di Meola.
I played it numerous times on my turntable, when I still used that one, and my favorite: Short Tales of the Black Forest:

But of course, the entire album is excellent and worth listening to:

Back
Top Bottom