The ever-popular "Currently Listening" thread

It's that time of year.

After posting that Smashing Pumpkins Christmas song (I was treated to the Guardians of the Galaxy Christmas Special where it featured, and which was actually pretty fun) I wondered if they were not many folks' cup of tea. I'm very fond of them because their first album came out in the time of my rock music youth, and if you ever saw them live, they really could rock. That Corgan lad can play guitar.

View: https://youtu.be/IIzO5bRu_BQ
One of the bands the I'm sad that I've never seen them live. In their "Mellon Collie"-era they must have been a joy to watch.
Some pretty amazing drumming there as well.

When they were in sync the Pumpkins were a sheer joy to witness in person. However, they often had poor performances as well, I'd say at least thirty percent of the shows I saw in person were often riddled with poor instrumentation or singing, often both. That other seventy percent though made it all worth while.

I actually like ABBA a good bit, but that was just awful, JDR. I get that the theme doesn't exactly give you a lot of titles to choose from, but I think even that horrible song from Dan Fogelberg might have been a better choice. ;)

I actually like ABBA a good bit, but that was just awful, JDR. I get that the theme doesn't exactly give you a lot of titles to choose from, but I think even that horrible song from Dan Fogelberg might have been a better choice. ;)
Hey... don't make me break out more Mariah Carey.

Hey... don't make me break out more Mariah Carey.
That might be preferable. At this point, I've got That Horrible Song from Dan Fogelberg hopelessly stuck in my head. Karma, I guess...

Last evening I listened to Coltrane and Munk, a long-lost concert from Carnegie Hall. Every so often I need some jazz in my life, and these folks never fail to deliver.

Yesterday for me was a blistering six hours on the porch with Faith No More. About the only iteration of the band that I cannot stomach is the brief time Courtney was there, other than that year or so I enjoy all of their other works.

Back
Top Bottom