The ever-popular "Currently Listening" thread

This morning was glorious, started off foggy and brisk, yet by nine AM had hit twenty-four C so I broke out some tuneage on a Sunday morning! The ladies of Plush serenaded the neighbouhood, and everyone enjoyed it, or else!! Their debut album is quite good.

My plan today is to take to the porch with the Nirvana collection "With the Lights Out". It's close to three hours of solid, entertaining music that should have the neighborhood scattering like leaves.

Back in the day, I swear it took me at least eight repeats to make out the lyrics from that song. And then, of course, on subsequent boot-legs and such, they changed them numerous times. -p

There are quite a few cuts like that on With the Lights Out, JDR. None of the cuts on that collection are from former albums, they're all rare/archived, or bootlegs versions. Great stuff to listen to.

905b3120-eeba-4480-8de3-e042060f0f47_text.gif

Don't miss the 90's or the music. Not sorry. :cool:

Some things surprise me. Enjoy this bit of talent:

And then realize that's the bass player from Kajagoogoo.

Some things surprise me. Enjoy this bit of talent:

And then realize that's the bass player from Kajagoogoo.
Yepp. A bit surprising given his Kajagoogoo background, but Nick Beggs is actually very good, and has for instance been part of Stephen Wilson's band for years:

Another great Chapman Stick bass player is Tony Levin. Here with King Crimson:

pibbuR who while(underStress==true) {std::cout << "I repeat myself when under stress" << std::endl;};

Last edited:
Twenty-eight degrees here today, so since pibbuR brought up the almighty Led Zeppelin, I'll be taking four albums of theirs to the porch with lunch! I suspect the cold weather will be back shortly so I'm going to enjoy this while I can, and I hope it exceeds thirty today.

Now you're talkin'.

Ah, Nirvana, there are few bands that never fail to give me a nice warm feeling of nostalgia like they do.

View: https://youtu.be/Ul8vqaGGnY0

And I guess I'm not the only one
Yes. There's a handful of albums from that formative time in my life that I can't really think about critically, the sense of nostalgia is so strong - Nirvana's Nevermind, REM's Automatic for the People, Smashing Pumpkins' Gish. Those were the sounds I listened to one summer.

Twenty-eight degrees here today, so since pibbuR brought up the almighty Led Zeppelin, I'll be taking four albums of theirs to the porch with lunch! I suspect the cold weather will be back shortly so I'm going to enjoy this while I can, and I hope it exceeds thirty today.
28. 30. Is that Celsius or that ... other scale ... or that even more other scale .. or one of the 4 others?

pibbuR who is pretty sure it's not Kelvin.

PS. BTW, Tool has a cover of "No Quarter":
DS.

Celsius, sir, I may live in the States yet I like to think I've retained my euro sensibilities! -p

Too chilly for the porch today, I did give it a try yet gave up after an hour. I'm just a wimp these days, totally couldn't live in Canada anymore, lol.

Back
Top Bottom