The ever-popular "Currently Listening" thread

Staying indoors for now as the heat index here hit thirty-nine C earlier. Currently I have some Rage Against the Machine going, woots! I've some fond memories of seeing these blokes in concert back in the day.

This morning I've been rocking out to some early Beatles, right from the start, back from Britain dives, a few in Belgium, France, and Germany as well. Good times!

This morning I've been rocking out to some early Beatles, right from the start, back from Britain dives, a few in Belgium, France, and Germany as well. Good times!
Post some fucking youtbe links!!

Every fucking day you say what you're listening to but don't post a youtbe link!!

Click the fucking 3 dots, pick "media" and drop a youtube link!

I rarely use you-tube these days, with all the ads and such. I rely on tapes and cd's mostly, and a truly huge Ipod that I've had for almost twenty years, now. I do apologize for not being able to share the ear worms.

I rarely use you-tube these days, with all the ads and such. I rely on tapes and cd's mostly, and a truly huge Ipod that I've had for almost twenty years, now. I do apologize for not being able to share the ear worms.
Not good enough!

I'll help you. What's the last song you enjoyed listening to?

I'll post it. (As long as its not fucking Hole :p )

@pibbuR

I wsn't joking, man. We've been together for a loooonog time whether you realise it or not. I've read all your potsts. I said to Dart I thought you were the most intelligent one here in a private conversatoin.

Sorry, I'm absolutely smashed, I cannot read what I'm typing, atm. Big blur.

School me. If you think im talking shit then fucking school me. I'll listen.

PS. Want to write more bhu tcan t evne read th tedt tight now. seeing dobvule. I never used to drinkn this much, its a post-lockdown thing. cant measure that rite? all the suicide and substance abuse fromthe lockdowns just get lost like tears in the rain

@pibbuR

Dude, like... I think I might be done. You can relate, i know you've dealt with depression or something..... But I'm sort of giving up. I'm thinking of ending things. I'm not having fun anymore. I'm not sure what I'm doing. Maybe you can believe all the bullshit you like and ill just fuck off. like, its all fucking obivous, right? CO2.... pastic..... which one gets the TV time to program the dumb masses? fucking CO2 lol. and, like, carsdrds some ven emit CO2, that s cabon MONoxide. electric cars make less CO2 loll nope. dumb arse. i dunno man ive had enough. if theres something left i should do let me know cos im fucking bored with life.

Well, I took a trip down memory lane and went to London to see the Smashing Pumpkins perform. I missed them in my youth and I am glad I was able to fill that gap eventually.

They were three of their original lineup (Billy Corgan, obviously, guitarist James Iha and drummer Jimmy Chamberlain). I went in with very low expectations but was pleasently surprised. They were in a playful mood, communicated well with the audience and played virtually all the things the audience wanted to hear.

One of my highlights of the Setlist was a cover of U2's Zoo station:
View: https://youtu.be/TvohfMMONqs?si=I2bIpmC0xY3FdOSU

Supporting act were Weezer. They are kind of local heroes and were received with great enthusiasm. I enjoyed their gig, though I thought that most of their songs were a bit boring.

View: https://youtu.be/kemivUKb4f4?si=6f9b5Ewr6A2JunRz

Weezer - Buddy Holly. That one was great. The elderly among us may remember that this video was included on the Win 95 - disc as an example for its multimedia options.

This morning I broke out some Neil Young on the porch, basically listening to everything from the sixties and seventies. It's never a bad time to hang with Neil.

Back
Top Bottom