The ever-popular "Currently Listening" thread

This morning I took to the porch with some fine REM albums: Document, Out of Time, and Green (listed in the order of my favourites). I caught a garbage guy digging the tunes as he was heaving bins!

The Fountain Of Salmacis - by Genesis

@Thrasher;

New single from Hatchie just dropped. Not quite sure what I think about it yet, but more good than bad.

This morning some Humble Pie burst forth from the porch. Someday I'll get a few more of their albums, yet for now Smokin' and Eat It serve me well. Long live one of the finest front men to ever take the stage, in this world or the next.

And today I took the Chromatics out to the porch, to educate my neighbors on good, solid tunes. Kill for Love and Night Drive are two of their more outstanding albums, though you really cannot go wrong with any of them.

Good call on The Chromatics.

The new compilation by Genesis.

Yes are releasing a new album, "The Quest" on the 1st of October. Here's:

I must say this sounds unexpectedly fresh and powerful. If this is representative of the album, I think we can expect the best Yes album in many years, certanly in the Benoit/Davidson period.

As a contrast, here is a live performance of "The Gates of Delirium" from 2019. This one made me quite sad. Very anemic, they definitely sound like a band of has beens. To me.

pibbuR, chasing the sound of the old Yes and maybe finding it here.

PS. Something completely different, but still Yes-related: Here's Jon Anderson performing with bunch of youths. Don't know the context. Musically it's not the best performance, but it's sweet and actually quite funny:

DS.

PPS. I think Davidson does a good job as a Yes vocalist, he actually sounds a bit like mr Anderson. But the voice of Jon Anderson... he's 76!!!! DS.

Last edited:
Genesis Live 2021 🡆 Fading Lights ⬘ The Cinema Show ⬘ Afterglow 🡄 Sept 20 ⬘ Birmingham, UK

The second half with Cinema Show and After Glow is so moving seeing Collins so frail.

Back
Top Bottom