The ever-popular "Currently Listening" thread

I stormed the porch today with a favourite album in hand, Life's Rich Pageant. Now, I'd been fan of REM for years when this album came out, and I religiously nabbed it as I had the others. This one, at least for me, was a clear turning point in the career of the band, as they took a much more alternative approach to this album, joining the ranks of other bands such as Joy Division, Talking Heads, Depeche Mode, and many others. The first track, "Begin the Begin", is one of the most poignant protest songs ever written. Honestly, it's not so much a protest anthem as a call to arms for people to THINK. I even forgive them for name-dropping two rather well known Protestant's in the lyrics! -p.

Thirty-five years later, and it's still a masterpiece. Full frigging stop.

This time during lunch I soaked up the sounds of Alice Cooper, specifically the albums From the Inside and Flush the Fashion, the latter being a particular favourite of mine for over twenty years, now. This guy re-invented himself so often that, like Bowie, I'm sure he often lost track of himself!

This morning before heading over to mum's for Thanksgiving glory, I was checking out two albums from Halestorm. My brother just shook his head when he picked me up and I'm pretty certain the neighbors were glad to see me head out! =p

Oh good gravy, the warm weather is back for us and I stormed the porch early this morning with some Rolling Stones, just to set the mood right! Take your pick of any albums up to Tattoo You, they're all awesome!!~

Narrow Skies - Auld Lang Syne

Do they know it's christmas ?

Besides, if you want to see Genesis in the U.S. for very likely the very last time - you should then get tickets now.

Vera Lynn is incredible, I've been listening to her stuff since the seventies. Her timing and voice are simply exquisite!

Today, being the sabbath, I took to the porch with some.....Black Sabbath!! Heaven and Hell, followed by Dehumanizer, two excellent albums sure to make the spirit of Dio course through your veins!

Ayreon - The Last Day Of War And The First Day Of Peace

Today has been so nice, sunny and vibrant that I took to the porch with the ever amazing Iggy Pop! I quite enjoy his first two albums, Idiot and Lust for Life. Excellent tunes to enjoy while reading as well.

Vera Lynn - We'll Meet Again
This was in the end credits of Far Cry 5, and I can't get it out of my head.

For me, that's the end of Dr. Strangelove.

Back
Top Bottom