The ever-popular "Currently Listening" thread

Today I went a little pre-alternative and broke out three Buddy Holly albums for the daily porch routine. He, Valens and Richardson all died far too early, yet at least they left excellent music and memories for us all to enjoy.

A cooler day so time for some tunes that will warm the blood and invoke the mind, I dug deep into the vault for some Joni Mitchell. Again, a stellar artist that you simply cannot go wrong with, then or now!

Today was a day for pretentious over-blown music, played very loud of course.

I give you Emerson, Lake & Palmer - Brain Salad Surgery (great cover) & Works volumes I & II

I found myself in a dour mood today, as it was too chilly to live on the porch, so my music choice likely reflected that.....I went with Marilyn Manson's first three albums and now I'm a bit chipper! And warmer. -)

@Thrasher;
Check out the notes- new release a few months away:

Sometimes YouTube will do you a favor. Was enjoying Bathe Alone again (HIGHLY recommended) and this popped up. Quite the pleasant surprise. Enjjoy.

Yeah man, I re-watched the Rocky Horror Picture Show last night for uhm,,,,maybe the two hundreth time or so? There was a stint of time that I was catching it every weekend at a drive-in theatre when I lived in SC and Georgia, so my exact count is confused. I can report that it's just as good now as then!

One of my favourite albums, which I forget too often: "Howlin' Mercy" by the unfortunately long time late John Campbell.

I think I've already mentioned his excellent cover of "When the Levee Breaks":

Another excellent piece from the album, his Tom Waits cover "Way Down in the Hole" :

pibbuR who thinks this is music.

PS. A Live version of the latter can be found at 35:22 here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s9m3jn65bQ8 DS.

One of my nephews and a few friends of his self-produced an album which was just released on Spotify a few days ago, and you can also find it on youtube. The group name is Abbott Hall, the album name is Tradewinds. I'd describe them as a lighter version of the Beatles.

And inspired by an episode of Mrs.Maisel the other night, today I listened to four albums from Siouxsie and the Banshees. I think time has only made this group even better, like a fine wine.

Back
Top Bottom