The ever-popular "Currently Listening" thread

Had this stuck in my head for some reason. Couldn't remember the band name for anything- just remembered that it was the guys that became Fine Young Cannibals. Figured it out eventually.

("Save It for Later" by the English Beat for the post police)

And that just flows so nicely into this:

("Town Called Malice" by the Jam for the post police)

("Town Called Malice" by the Jam for the post police)
You can give up on that assideous "post police"; I no longer see to it that members and visitors have a clue what an embedded video is about after Arhu replaced a script recently making it possible that embedded YouTube videos have titles again:

Embedded Youtube videos should now have titles again.

I replaced the old lazyYT script with Lazyframe.js, which uses noembed.com for a consistent API. This is active on the forum already. On the main site it should work for new newsbits. Old newsbit still use lazyYT.

Ugly Kid Joe - Cats In The Cradle better then the original version.

Yesterday I spent the time on the porch listening to the dulcet tones of Mr. Peter Frampton, a bloke who learned much as a student of Bowie. Frampton's live albums are phenomenal, you simply cannot go wrong with any of them!

Listening to Lord Of The Lost's latest track.

Another remix of a classic Elvis song.

Still funny many years later.

Weird Al is nothing short of a complete visionary. I cherish the two times I was fortunate to see him perform live.

Yesterday I spent the afternoon listening to the best of George Harrison who, imo, was one of the greatest songwriters/performers of the past one hundred years. Often overlooked, yet always appreciated, his Bangladesh and Live from Japan concerts are both well worth checking out, not to mention his several greatest hits albums.

One of my all time favourites - I saw them perform live in Berlin just a few weeks ago and they are still amazing live. 20.000 people shouting "I'm still alive" still gives me goosebumps. They also played "Hail, hail" :)

Today, the best of Pearl Jam graced my porch. Though I'll never understand how "Hail, hail" didn't make it onto this album.

Back
Top Bottom