The ever-popular "Currently Listening" thread

Going in a different direction. :biggrin:

Bought Alanis Morisette's 7th (or 9th if you count the two before "Jagged Little Pill") studio album "Such Pretty Forks in the Road" some time ago. I managed to overlook it when released in 2020, and I never got around to listen to it until now.

Here's "Reasons I drink":
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jWHpIP1-kUI
Great song and a great video!

pibbuR who is speechless!"

Inspired by the bad cinderella. Here's Roger Waters, "It's a Miracle" from the excellent "Amused to Death" album:
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=43D9Xb5Vd74

The video is not the original (if that one exists).

pibbuR who directs tl;dw watchers to 5:23.
I must admit, I was never a fan of our Rog's solo material. I much prefer when he sticks to the old band stuff.

Sadly, much as I'm happy to hear Roger Waters play Dogs, I fear he's been listening to the wrong radio station.

I can partly agree with that. One of the things I'm not entirely happy with is the way he sings (or as I call it talking-singing). The song I posted is an example of that, but it works here, methinks.

I have all 4 of his albums (or 5, if you count The Final Cut, which for all practical purposes is a Waters album). Amused to Death is the best of them, and to me on par with the greater PF albums.

pibbuR who is not much amused at the moment.

PS.>I fear he's been listening to the wrong radio station.
That would be Radio Chaos?
DS.

New Disturbed songs. His songs sound like rehashes of older songs.

Since Jerry Cantrell was mentioned earlier in this thread, I broke out his two solo albums today for my siesta on the porch: Boggy Depot and Degradation Trip, both parts. The latter offering is my favorite of his yet Boggy has some excellent tracks as well. I remember catching him on tour, and I believe it was like a week or two after Layne had passed, and it was obviously hitting Jerry really hard.

The other day I went to see Sigur Rós perform live. This was... different. A lady that was seated next to us promised us before the concert that we are about to experience an "otherworldly concert". And it was. The build up of tension of the longer songs is just incredible.
Sigur Rós - Festival (live)

I must admit, I was never a fan of our Rog's solo material. I much prefer when he sticks to the old band stuff.

Sadly, much as I'm happy to hear Roger Waters play Dogs, I fear he's been listening to the wrong radio station.
I love Roger's solo albums. Except for Radio KAOS. I only like one or two off of that one. But Amused to Death and Pros and Cons of Hitchhiking are fantastic. The album cover of Pros and Cons of Hitchhiking though, is godawful. :ROFLMAO:

This one is great.
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bWxtZN5_5_4

Back
Top Bottom