The ever-popular "Currently Listening" thread

Elvis Presley Unchained Melody

Bjork, Pixies, you guys here are listening to great tuneage! With the most recent hurricane gone from my area, I've got some cleaning to do on the porch before I can inhabit it again. -p

Oh wow, he seems completely wasted during the introduction but when he sings it is clear why he was (is ;) ) such a great entertainer.
At that point in his career he was to far gone. To much drugs and alcohol. His singing gift never left him though. This was from his last concert before he died months later.

It's sad to see a talented man used by everyone and worked to death.

The latest album by Alan Parsons, one half of The Alan Parsons Project.
It is good pop songs, but to me, most memorable is the tribute he and his band paid to Eric Woolfson, the other half of The Alan Parsons Project, who died in 2009, in the opener song, which contains several well-known musical themes & titles from that era.

I'm still waiting for his musical "Dancing With Shadows" to be published on CD, as it seemingly was performed in Korea many years ago (according to the Eric Woolfson web page, it got several awards), but is otherwise entirely unknown save for a few songs done by Eric Woolfson himself, and published shortly before his death on his album "The Alan Parsons Project That Never Was".

Back
Top Bottom