The ever-popular "Currently Listening" thread

I'm currently listening to the compilation CD "Songbird", which consists entirely of songs by Christine McVie of Fleetwood Mac.
Sadly she passed away yesterday ...

"Songbird" is the most poetic love song I've ever heard ...

McVie was both a prolific songwriter and performer, I always considered her to be one of the major forces behind much of Fleetwood Mac's successes. Back in the eighties, I was supposed to have an interview with one of the male members of the band who didn't even show up, and Christine gracefully shared an hour with me. Another one gone far too early, may she RIP.

I was very lucky to get a ticket for the Cologne concert of Fleetwood Mac a few years ago. I instantly knew that this was going to be a one-in-a-lifetime experience.

Elvis's last full concert it's amazing someone found the film reel.

Through excessive use of cough sweets and chewing gum (I appear to have caught a cold) I was able to get through last night's concert - which was a faithful reconstruction of the tour for The Lamb Lies Down On Broadway by Genesis, played by the tribute band The Musical Box. They are world-wide the only ones who have permission to use the original slides ( ! ) and even a few original intruments.

This was literally a once-in-a-lifetime thing. So I didn't want to miss that.

That was absolutely impressive. More than that.

Great that I have my graphical memory ! ;)

And, on top of that, they did The Knife and The Musical Box as their encore !

The trip back home was a complete desaster, though.
I should have been home around 11 in the night, but the trains stopped for a very long time, we all (the passengers and even the 2 security men) didn't know, why.
I was at home around 1 o'clock in the night. :(

Now I'm slowly trying to recuperate.

Back
Top Bottom