The Fellowship Saga: blobber using 5e rules

Almkaz

Traveler
Hello!

I am working on a classic blobber RPG - in the spirit of Might & Magic & Wizardry games.

The combat is based on 'the fifth edition of the world's most popular RPG game', with some interesting modifications due to the party moving all as one.

The Steam page is here: https://store.steampowered.com/app/1281290/The_Fellowship_Saga/

I am looking for some testers to help provide early feedback on game mechanics - what works and what doesn't. The game runs on PC and has mouse/keyboard and full gamepad support.

I have a few steam keys available - please PM me if you are interested.

Thanks!

Did you look into the legality of this? Are you using the Open Game License? I'm not a lawyer, but I think you might get into trouble if you're not releasing under OGL while openly advertising that your game is based on 5e.

Last edited:
I placed this on my Steam wish list yesterday. Looks like the kind of game I would enjoy a great deal. If the exploration is exciting with many special areas, like Might and Magic, I think Fellowship could do very well.

A concern about 5th edition rules.
5th edition's simplified rules compared to 3.5, especially for melee combat classes, has very few options as written in the OGL.
-There's no moves like grapple, trip, bull rush written.
-There's usually no cool melee feats taken by characters like Cleave, Mobility, Dodge, Spring attack, Whirlwind attack, Parry, etc. because taking an ability score increase instead of a feat is usually the best choice.
-There's no Attacks of opportunity nor tumble

So most melee fighters(no weapon master), barbarians and rangers end up just doing the same singular basic attack on and on, gets real repetitive.

Being a party based game alleviates the repetition, though I hope the you all get some new ideas to make it more interesting for melee classes. Any thoughts on that?

Back
Top Bottom