The Good Life - A Debt Repayment Life Simulation RPG

You just do some research, buy a stock you think is low, sell it when it's over 10% the value you bought it for and if it's 10% under what you paid for it (to protect you from stinkers). At the end of the year, unless economy is in recession, you probably get like 5 right and 2 wrong or so.
Starting with say $10,000
Right: $11,000
Right: $12,100
Wrong: $10,890
Right: $11,979
Wrong: $10,781
Right: $11,859
Right: $13,045

The important thing is not to panic, economy goes up and down so just keep it there. For example, during the deep recession of like 9 years ago, my total stock was worth like 60% the value it used to have, but I kept it there, eventually it caught up and surpassed the previous amounts.

Wow, nice strategy! Thanks for sharing! Unfortunately, I'm extremely conservative and very adverse to taking risks like playing the stock market game. Kudos for those who do it right, though. I'm able to go for 15% per year but interest rates are pretty high in my country. I wanted to invest overseas (Canada) but stock market is really not my thing.

Thanks!!

Wow, nice strategy! Thanks for sharing! Unfortunately, I'm extremely conservative and very adverse to taking risks like playing the stock market game. Kudos for those who do it right, though. I'm able to go for 15% per year but interest rates are pretty high in my country. I wanted to invest overseas (Canada) but stock market is really not my thing.

Thanks!!

Buying individual stocks is always risky. A much safer move is to diversify and buy groups or indexes of funds that will tend to balance each other out and raise and fall as the market does. I'm not quite making 10% on those now, but it's close.

Buying individual stocks is always risky. A much safer move is to diversify and buy groups or indexes of funds that will tend to balance each other out and raise and fall as the market does. I'm not quite making 10% on those now, but it's close.

Yes, always diversify, my stock is around 7-10 different stocks, some I win some I lose, overall I'd say the ratio is about 5-2, I've been doing this for hmm... about 15 years or so? Also I'm not an economist, just some dude that one day decided to put my extra money in stock instead of keeping it in the bank.

@fadedc;, @wolfing;:

Agreed 100%! Diversification is key. By the way, if you don't mind disclosing it, what countries are you in?

I do diversify my investments too, but never ventured into stock market. I tend to put my money into conservative assets. My country (Brazil) is in such a political and economical turmoil that stock is not really for the faint of heart. In a moment you could be winning big, just to fail miserably the next day.

Yes, always diversify, my stock is around 7-10 different stocks, some I win some I lose, overall I'd say the ratio is about 5-2, I've been doing this for hmm… about 15 years or so? Also I'm not an economist, just some dude that one day decided to put my extra money in stock instead of keeping it in the bank.

Yeah on average stocks will tend to go up and the diversification will protect you from bad luck. It's not even clear how much of a difference any strategy you use in picking your stocks really makes. Studies have found that even the top experts don't necessarily do any better than random chance. The only risk is that is that it's better not to invest right before a significant downturn. It will eventually right itself but in the meantime it's better to be in something else if your not already in. That can make some people cautious about investing in the current political climate.

As for where I am, I'm in the US.

Let's get back to discussing the game.

So kakeibo and cats, sounds vastly underwhelming.

I appreciate that it is early footage, but I really didn't like the angular art style in the cartoons and the 3d art. It feels pretty unappealing for a whimsical game like this.

Back
Top Bottom