The "I Just Bought" thread

Alrik Fassbauer

TL;DR
Original Sin Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor
Might fit nicely into the entrance counter in my firm ! I have noticed there, that this is now the 3rd plant that died there ... Our theory is that someone gives them too much water ... I have told my collegues that we probably need "a water plant" ! ;)

Arhu

Two Sides
Administrator
15872168_800.jpg

Always wanted to be able to play an instrument and today I finally got one. Now I need to practice, regularly. First steps: C and G. :)🎵

Taluntain

Sentinel
Staff Member
Administrator
I bet that comes with buttons you can press to make it play on its own and then just pretend that you're an amazing player to impress all your friends. :sneaky:

danutz_plusplus

SasqWatch
Well, it seems the graphics cards retail merchants really have us over a barrel, over here in Romania.

There's very little options in terms of what's available, the graphics card market already being quite niche, especially for the highend cards. But with the world situation being aggravated as it is, it's even worse over here.

The prices are just insane, in that they actually seem randomly assigned. I was looking for a 3080, since I hear the 3080 ti is not that significantly more powerful. But there's none of the models that are decent, in terms of how they perform, performance vs temperature especially. So I was kind of forced to go for a 3080 Ti. Namely a ASUS TUF GAMING GeForce® RTX™ 3080 Ti. And it comes out at just under 2k euros. Holy shit. It seems to perform, overall, at roughtly 2X the performance, at the same temperatures as my current 1080 Ti. We'll how it goes. I'll have no qualms about returning it for any issue I have with it, aside from the super inflated price.

danutz_plusplus

SasqWatch
Isn't that less expensive to import it from another European country like Germany or Poland? They're half the price there, at least for the Pny brand which seems to have a pretty good renown.
Yeah, i did just that. I got off the barrell. I got it at around 1200 euros from amazon. I hope I won't have to return it.

EDIT: Hm, I just realized how I just hoodwinked myself. I went in looking for a 3080, only found a 3080 ti locally. And then when I jumped to amazon, I forgot about what I was looking for initially. And the 3080 apparently around 300 euros cheaper than the Ti. Oh, well.

Last edited:

Carnifex

SasqWatch
My video card died about a month ago, so I had to get a new one. The old one lasted me over ten years, so I guess I cannot complain. The old one had no built in memory, so the new one with four gigs is a significant upgrade, and the price seemed very reasonable. I've had it in for about two weeks now and all seems good, haven't really tried it out with anything yet except Everquest two.

JDR13

SasqWatch
Original Sin Donor
Now we know why you don't play a lot of modern games. ;)

Glad you were able to find something you liked at a good price. As long as you can play the games you want to play, that's all that matters.

Top Bottom