The Last of Us Part 1 Remake

I'm talking about the PC ports. The one for Uncharted 4 wasn't handled by NG, from what I remember. And it had some issues. But I never stayed too much with that. Kind of lost steam. I only read about some issues in various player reports.
So I expect the PC port of Last of Us will likely also be handled by the same a different team.
Anyway, let's just hope it's solid.
Yeah, Uncharted 4 was done by some studio called Iron Galaxy. I think they also did the PC ports for the Batman Arkham series. I tried searching for more info about the PC version of TLoU, but I can't find any mention of who's porting it.

Disappointing. It was going to be my first real purchase of 2023, full price and everything. Odd reason to delay the release. All the new interest could get distr.....ooh, look butterfly!!

Disappointing. It was going to be my first real purchase of 2023, full price and everything. Odd reason to delay the release. All the new interest could get distr.....ooh, look butterfly!!
I thinking they're hoping the fanbase grows even more as the show airs which might lead to more Day 1 purchases.

Personally, I won't be getting it right away. Like the Dead Space and Resident Evil 4 remakes, I'm not in a hurry to pay full price for games that I've already played through just because they got a facelift.

I thinking they're hoping the fanbase grows even more as the show airs which might lead to more Day 1 purchases.

Personally, I won't be getting it right away. Like the Dead Space and Resident Evil 4 remakes, I'm not in a hurry to pay full price for games that I've already played through just because they got a facelift.
I guess so. I've never played TLOU and it's a game that young nephew thinks I should play, because of the story. God of War was another game he thought I would enjoy if I gave it a chance (and he was right). I'm not sure my suggestions for him BG1 & 2 were "enjoyed". Absolutely agree with you about the already played facelifted games, I watched some facelifted Dead Space and really can't see how it warrants the price tag. Maybe in a sale when I'm stuck.

I guess so. I've never played TLOU and it's a game that young nephew thinks I should play, because of the story. God of War was another game he thought I would enjoy if I gave it a chance (and he was right). I'm not sure my suggestions for him BG1 & 2 were "enjoyed". Absolutely agree with you about the already played facelifted games, I watched some facelifted Dead Space and really can't see how it warrants the price tag. Maybe in a sale when I'm stuck.
If you've never played it then it's definitely worth the full price for you. Even more so if you enjoy post-apocalyptic settings/stories.

I'm still waiting for the PC announcement. I hope we won't have to wait too long. It's an excellent game.

The one weird extra that they're apparently releasing with this version, if I understood it correctly, are 3 levels that were cut or significantly changed in the final version?
That is a really weird decision. I don't think I've ever seen that sort of thing. Usually cut content, if compatible, is restored and made part of the final game. But just having these levels hanging out outside of the game feels really weird. It might even be a first for the game industry.

The roguelite mode that they're introducing does some like a nice addition. The combat, shooting mechanics and encounters in TLOU Part 2 are fantastic. So a continuous encounter where enemies keep pouring in could be a fun thing.

Based on the first PC port being a technical mess my enthusiasm isn't high.(n)

Based on the first PC port being a technical mess my enthusiasm isn't high.(n)
The state wasn't ideal, from what I hear from other people, but I was mostly spared of issues. I only a couple of crashes to desktop. Otherwise it was perfectly fine for me.
If they do decide to still go with Iron Galaxy, as the porting studio, which I hope they don't, I hope it'll be a decent port.

I'm still waiting for the PC announcement. I hope we won't have to wait too long. It's an excellent game.
Yeah, my initial excitement was tempered after I saw it's starting off as a PS5 exclusive. Given the resurging popularity of the IP though, I'm pretty confident we won't have to wait too long before a PC port is announced.

The state wasn't ideal, from what I hear from other people, but I was mostly spared of issues. I only a couple of crashes to desktop. Otherwise it was perfectly fine for me.
If they do decide to still go with Iron Galaxy, as the porting studio, which I hope they don't, I hope it'll be a decent port.
I tried it about a month or so after release and had zero issues. It's a shame those early problems resulted in the game getting review-bombed because they were fixed pretty fast. The recent reviews on Steam are 88% positive.

I still need to do a full playthrough, but I was hoping we'd get Part II sooner because I'd like to play them back to back.

Must be nice you two never have any problems with any game.

Guess I'm just cursed when it comes to certain games.:biggrin:

As well they should. No idea what transpired, but I’m happy it failed. I would’ve rather they hadn’t even wasted all that time and money, but better to cut it sooner rather than later.

It seems Sony is really making a 180 against multiplayer / looter shooters. They bought Bungie for that, and it seems to have blown in their face. So it seems they’re really risk averse right now.

Yeah, I had no interest in it myself. Hopefully no one is losing their job over it though.

As for Bungie, it's a shame they seem to be a multiplayer-only developer now. They've made some really good single-player games in the past.

Not the first online game to get canned in the last few months.

It's not a good time to be a employee in the gaming Industry right now.

Back
Top Bottom