The Last of Us Part 1 Remake

I have no plans of replaying Last of Us. The story is what that game is about - and I'll never forget it.

The gameplay was never particularly good in my opinion, and I'm pretty sure it won't have aged well at all.

Does anyone know if the remake will have new locations/new content OR will it be like a translation from the original with better graphics/better engine?

Does anyone know if the remake will have new locations/new content OR will it be like a translation from the original with better graphics/better engine?
No new content except more detailed areas. It does include the DLC, though - which is a few hours of additional content.

It leaves out the multiplayer mode, however.

No, I only have a PC. I'll just wait for the price to drop a little, I still have some backlog anyway.

If I remember well you were tempted to get a PS a few months ago, do you have one now?
Not yet. The last time I checked, it was still impossible to get a PS5 around here without camping out or paying more than the MSRP. I'll get one eventually, but I don't want it that badly.

No new content except more detailed areas. It does include the DLC, though - which is a few hours of additional content.

TLoU had multiplayer? I don't remember that. I'm assuming it's just some kind of PvP?

I asked because I already played the PS4 version (which, I suppose, has enhanced graphics over the PS3 version) and its DLC. As for the MP mode, no worries since I didn't play it for the MP.

When/if I get a PS5 this TLOU1 remake won't be my top priority.

Last edited:
TLoU had multiplayer? I don't remember that. I'm assuming it's just some kind of PvP?
I never played it :)

But, yeah, I think it's some kind of PvP. I seem to recall it was quite popular and a lot of people lamented that it wasn't in LoU 2.

Bring me TLOU2 to PC, afterwards, and then work on Part 3. :D

What I'll be interested in how I feel is The Last of Us tv show. I'm not sure how I'll feel when I'll basically know every story beat in great detail. I guess I'll hope the actors do a good enough job to make me forget about myself, and just be able to let it flow over me.

As long as they don't go all woke and creatively broke by making Ellie the superhero and Joel the retarded and toxic man-beast, I'm sure it'll be fine :)
Isn't that pretty much standard policy 101 with streaming TV shows though. I read this week their reviving the HellRasier IP, and casting Pinhead with a female actress.

Oh and somehow Pinhead is trans now as well. :biggrin:

Isn't that pretty much standard policy 101 with streaming TV shows though. I read this week their reviving the HellRasier IP, and casting Pinhead with a female actress.

Oh and somehow Pinhead is trans now as well. :biggrin:
It certainly seems to me that the agenda is about separating men and women as much as possible and making us antagonists at every opportunity.

Well, that, or having men be drooling moronic slaves to the will of strong female characters.

I suppose it's an attempt at reversing the power imbalance without giving men any of the power that women had (and have), even when men held most of it.

That's sort of the opposite of progress - at least from my perspective.

Then again, I never personally identified with my gender. I have a dick and some balls - but it's not really what my persona is all about.

Maybe that's a failing I should look into.

What I'll be interested in how I feel is The Last of Us tv show. I'm not sure how I'll feel when I'll basically know every story beat in great detail. I guess I'll hope the actors do a good enough job to make me forget about myself, and just be able to let it flow over me.
Until someone actually makes a TV adaption of a video game that isn't awful, it's impossible for me to feel any kind of excitement over something like that.

I don't want to keep bashing LoU stuff - as I know danutz is a huge fan.

That said, if the show is going to be what they're aiming for (an extremely faithful adaption of the game) - then what's the difference between that and a let's play?

I don't want to keep bashing LoU stuff - as I know danutz is a huge fan.

That said, if the show is going to be what they're aiming for (an extremely faithful adaption of the game) - then what's the difference between that and a let's play?
Theoretically, a lot more opportunities for great writing, direction and acting. As good as the game is when it comes to story and writing, it's still a very small percentage of the whole thing. Gameplay is considerably more of it. So, theoretically, if all is perfect, we should be getting more of the stuff that made the game great. And if they're really masterful, maybe even improve on some things. I have really no issue with them changing things, here and there, or even something more substantial IF (and it's a big if) they manage even more poignant and significant moments.

But, coming down to earth, I think it's just going to be overall decent, with maybe some nice moments. I don't really expect much. What I fear most is being pandered to. And they'll likely want to recreate setpieces from the game. That can go horribly wrong. I can see it now, that they'll hang Pedro Pascal upside down, and I'll roll my eyes so hard. :(

Yeah, I noticed it. I hope it's just some plan to maximize sales due to selling it after the season is done, with this delay?
And not a sign of a bad state the game is in, and they're hoping they can cram some late minute fixes. I really hope it releases in as a perfect state as possible.
They'd be real idiots to shove this in a bad state, just to get it out near the end of the tv series season.

Naughty Dog has never released a game in a bad state in their history, I doubt they'd start now.
I'm talking about the PC ports. The one for Uncharted 4 wasn't handled by NG, from what I remember. And it had some issues. But I never stayed too much with that. Kind of lost steam. I only read about some issues in various player reports.
So I expect the PC port of Last of Us will likely also be handled by the same a different team.
Anyway, let's just hope it's solid.

Back
Top Bottom