The Last Stanley Cup Playoffs thread

Lucky Day

Daywatch
We missed the bubble playoffs. time to make this last one a good one.

The surprising leafs are up 2-1 over the Lightning for one.

My Red Wings once again didn't make the playoffs, so I don't really have a dog in this fight. I only hope to see the Penguins and Bruins get knocked out early.

I'd also like to the Leafs take out the Lightning. Tampa had their run, it's time for someone else.

Oh man, even if my picks don't qualify I'm totally about watching others that I despise get knocked outta the ring! And maybe the refs can give themselves a time-out and let the lads actually play the game this go-around.

My Red Wings once again didn't make the playoffs, so I don't really have a dog in this fight. I only hope to see the Penguins and Bruins get knocked out early.

I'd also like to the Leafs take out the Lightning. Tampa had their run, it's time for someone else.
You forgot to wish agony upon the Crapalanche over in the West. Beyond that, I think you covered the important stuff.

Its rather surprising that the Leafs are making a go of it. While I have no ill will for the players, Matthews is terrific, any partial success of the team is agony for any Canadian not living in the Greater TO area because you will never hear the end of it and your team's success will not even be acknowledged.
They already get far, far too much attention as losers. I can only imagine what would happen if they actually do well.

So far I'm loving these Pittsburgh Rangers games. ABC and the NHL are loving it too because of the ratings. Its too bad it can only be witnessed in the first round and be over with.

So far I'm loving these Pittsburgh Rangers games. ABC and the NHL are loving it too because of the ratings. Its too bad it can only be witnessed in the first round and be over with.

I didn't like tonight's game or at least the outcome. It figures NY would dominate the Pens during the regular season and then get their asses kicked in the playoffs.

As for Toronto, don't they have the longest drought in the league without a Cup?

Ouch, that was a serious beating the Rangers sustained last night. I don't know how they'll come back after such a thorough whipping. A similar score happened with Tampa vs. Leafs, and look at what those nasty Kings did to the Oilers. -xxx Things in the NHL are certainly not breaking my way! -p

Look at all these series that are currently tied up!!! Man, this run for the cup certainly isn't boring as of yet!!~

Panthers taking out the Caps, didn't see that coming. The mighty have fallen. -xxx. And well done Hurricanes on defeating nasty Boston!!~

A shame that Toronto couldn't close out Tampa. It's hard to believe that it's been 18 years since the last time the Maple Leafs won a playoff series.

I was a naysayer and thought Tampa would run the boards with Toronto, yet I was wrong and, for a bit, it looked like the Leaves had a shot. Maybe next time, they've got a solid team to work with, now.

Not a bad first round overall. That was a nice comeback by the Rangers to eliminate Pittsburgh.

Not sure who to root for out of the teams that are left.

Yeah man, Rangers had some intestinal fortitude there to pull that one out! Any time the Penguin's get eliminated is a great day in my book. -)

Good game last night between the Flames and Stars in the second round series. I'm still stoked that the Oilers put the Kings to pasture, so looking forward to their next match-up!

Hey my Blues made it past the first round. Rare!

An extra Battle of Alberta round commences tonight!! Those were all the rage when I was living in Edmonton, and I still find the matches very compelling. Blues vs Avalanche should be a good match-up also.

The current Battle of Alberta is all tied up, and the other match-ups are just as interesting! So far this series is pretty entertaining.

The Panthers right now are on the cusp of elimination via Tampa Bay. And later tonight we've game three of the Battle of Alberta set to enjoy!!~

Back
Top Bottom