The Last Stanley Cup Playoffs thread

The meteor is running out of time.

Colorado pulled out the ultimate win, and the series ended pretty much the way it looked from the beginning. I didn't have a pony in this match yet the games were at least interesting to watch, for the most part.

Boooooo! The dumbasses dented the cup before it even left the ice.

avalanche were the better hockey team overall. think they got scared of tampa bay experience and got lucky with some injuries for lightening even tho they managed to bring the scoring down. avalanche were just amazing on power play, scoring at will in the finals does not get much better than that.

I'm no fan of the Colorado team, yet look at the franchises they had to beat to get to the final match-up, and the authority in which they bested each one. The Avalanche might be in the beginning of a long reign.

I'm no fan of the Colorado team, yet look at the franchises they had to beat to get to the final match-up, and the authority in which they bested each one. The Avalanche might be in the beginning of a long reign.

kind of hard not to like them speed and quality of puck progression and not overly concerned with shithousery and aggression. great young players. fun to watch for years and probably will attract even more dynamic players.

They do click rather well on the ice, and if they can sustain that momentum, it will take the franchise far in the next few years. Of course, drafting smart and keeping the team healthy are important as well.

It's that time of year again! Anyone else totally chuffed about these upcoming playoffs, starting the seventeenth? I've got my peepers on both the Oilers and the Knights!

Oh, is there still hockey being played this season? ;)

I've barely paid attention to the NHL this year. I actually watched more college hockey.

I did notice the Boston Bruins set a new record for wins in a season. I hope someone knocks them out of the playoffs.

Those final ten minutes in the third period last night were brutal, and turned what was otherwise a splendid match-up into more of a farce. Gold goes to US, Silver to Canada, and Czech got the bronze, and that was a pretty good match between Switz and Czech.

Oh, and speaking of the 'Cup, if memory serves I don't believe Edmonton and Boston have met in the final series since 1990 or so. I could totally see that happening this season, however, if I had to lay a serious prediction in place.

Nah, some team will have good enough D and tending to shut down Connor McJesus. At that point, the Oil will be done. Besides, they've got the Curse of Kenny Holland to deal with.

Ughhh, the name that haunts me to this very day is that of Kevin Lowe. The one time I clasped hands with him I swear I could feel the evil oil actually seep into my pores.

Well, I didn't expect the Oilers to drop the very first game to the pitiful Kings, yet that's exactly what happened.

The other series I'm intent on is the Wild vs Stars, that's one that might go the full distance. Boston will likely easily handle Florida, and I hope NY can deal swiftly with NC. Leaves vs Lightening should be good tonight, and I'm keen on seeing the Kraken and Avalanche duke it out, as well as Knights vs Jets. Almost too much sports to watch!

Back
Top Bottom