The Outer Worlds - Peril on Gorgon - Official Trailer

It took me 120 hours to finish the game, but I did every quest, talked every NPCs, explored every location in the game.

You really stretched it out. I also did every location and quest, and I think I finished in around 50-60 hours.

I liked the first several hours of Outer Worlds a ton. Then it got repetitive and never recovered. I still think it was easily worth the money. The first area was enough and the dinner between Pavrati and the girl that looks like she came from Firefly was cute.

Parvati is the girl that looks like she came from Firefly. :)

I also liked the early game a lot. The setting felt fresh, and it was a decent challenge for maybe the first 10 hours. It takes a while before you start to realize how repetitive the game is and how poorly the itemization was implemented.

What is the use of this horrific abomination? Oh, yes, I remember: Burning toxic corporate money..

I don't see Paradox burned any money here, instead they're continuing DLC schemes to milk more.

The game certainly had it's issues, but it still was decent fun to me.

@joxer;
At least it's not just horse armor.

Well, I still say this community is getting more and more similar to the Codex every day since 2015.

I'll never understand the fascination of comparing RPG to Codex.

Myrthos and Co do a pretty good job moderating everything thats illegal or crosses minor personal attack lines. I'm thankful they don't moderate anyone that fails to post glowing praise on any topic and require mandatory butterflies and rainbows in every post.

Perhaps what you are seeing is not that two minor forum communities are similar, but that the average gamer is becoming more cynical, yet entitled and vocal. Thanks to social media & the internet people are conditioned that their opinion matters and that others are wrong. When someone has to apologize in advance for their opinion on a game you can tell something is wrong.

When someone has to apologize in advance for their opinion on a game you can tell something is wrong.

You're going down the wrong rabbit hole here. It's more a matter of harping on criticism for a game or studio simply for the sake of doing so and adding nothing of value to a conversation. "LOLL, Haven't played, would never play; this game is not due for two years, but it's a joke, LOL".

I want an actual intelligent argument to be made, not something out of a middle school bus.

You're going down the wrong rabbit hole here. It's more a matter of harping on criticism for a game or studio simply for the sake of doing so and adding nothing of value to a conversation. "LOLL, Haven't played, would never play; this game is not due for two years, but it's a joke, LOL".

I want an actual intelligent argument to be made, not something out of a middle school bus.

But thats the joy of a forum...

"adds nothing of value to a conversation" Value for who? Not everything has to add value to the reader in this medium. Its not all about the value for every reader. It was the value for the poster. Its the value for all the other non-posters that read that and agree with the comment "wtf, respawing bears with no hairworks!! AVOIDWARE".

All comments don't have to add value to all readers. Sure I make fun of mercys hatred of all games and blobs ingrained defense response to kingmaker criticism. I could just as easily choose to ignore them as neither of their comments 'add value' to me.

Use all the logic you would use in defending someones right to dress sexy and provocatively, yet still insist they are not doing it to be seen or admired but they are dressing that way for themselves. Same applies for posting on forums.

That doesn't describe all the criticism here.

I notice tzat games I don't see at retail are easily slipping out of my mind.
Same with Outer Worlds.

If I'm not visually reminded of a game, I forget it. And I easily forget it because I don't regularly visit Steam or GOG.

The Watch is the only news place I visit regularly, at these times.

No, no it doesn't. But an increasing number of threads do indeed start that way - a hive mind of negativity for the sake of patting each other on the back.

My definition of a hive would require more than a scattered few.

All that is needed for it to look like the miserable dominate a thread is for enough of the positive to remain silent.

Last edited:
No, no it doesn't. But an increasing number of threads do indeed start that way - a hive mind of negativity for the sake of patting each other on the back.
Sorry man, but not everyone is Fluent.
Another sorry for being sincere when feeling something stinks.

I don't geddit really. Why should we keep silent about horrible quality of 90% videogames since the time mmos and phones introduced lootboxes? Should we close eyes and silently let publishers to swindle us because, what, every product advertised as videogame is a holy cow or something?

btw, I'm a hugger. No patting allowed.
Either hug me, let me hug you, or get off my lawn. :p

My definition of a hive would require more than a scattered few.

All that is needed for it to look like the miserable dominate a thread is for enough the positive to remain silent.
100% correct most of the threads have less then one page of comments. If we remove posts that are negative, or add nothing to the thread most will have none.:nod:

Anyhow sorry I'm a cynical bastard and hate more then half of the games released. I'm not going to change either. In the past I defended many games but times have changed.

Also I find I hate writing/ having debates on a forum, it's never worth the effort.

I certainly enjoyed the game at release, my only major gripe was the horrible loot system. It didn't quite reach DOS levels of annoyance, but still. I can absolutely see myself doing a replay with an expansion or two. Got about 40 hours from the base game which felt alright to me.

Also I find I hate writing/ having debates on a forum, it's never worth the effort.

And yet you keep doing it…. :p :p :p

PS: sorry for another post that adds nothing to anybody.

And yet you keep doing it…. :p :p :p

PS: sorry for another post that adds nothing to anybody.
Both yes and no as I usually don't debate.;)

You know five pages of text with paragraph replies that never stop.

I'll leave that to Dart if he ever comes back again.

Me I just keeps threads alive when know-one replies at all.

As this place is a graveyard sometimes.

Yep another post that adds nothing to the topic again.:cool:

I certainly enjoyed the game at release, my only major gripe was the horrible loot system. It didn't quite reach DOS levels of annoyance, but still. I can absolutely see myself doing a replay with an expansion or two. Got about 40 hours from the base game which felt alright to me.
So back on topic.:biggrin:

Yeah I found the loot/inventory to be pretty weak also. Only three types of armor in different colors and variety. Add that to the same weapons which never change.

Though they added a few weird weapons to spice it up at least.:nod:

The Outer Worlds: Peril on Gorgon Gamescom 2020 DLC Gameplay

Carrie Patel, Peril on Gorgon's game director, walks us through a side quest from The Outer World's first DLC expansion in this gameplay video.

Back
Top Bottom