The Science Thread

Alrik,
You are absolutely right. Even now there is a residual group of people who believe that the Jews are the source of all problems in the Uk/ world. If you go far enough back then we have the York Massacre in 1190 when an estimated 150 Jews died (and who knows how many were injured).

However over time matters have got better. Not aware of any massacres in the UK in the last 60 years. Also 1939 was a pivotally point in history. The USA and the British Empire was trying not to get into a war with Germany - well not until they could re-arm. Accepting the Jews (German Citizens?) may of been seen as provocative by the Germans.

History a science. Can't agree with that. Too much depends on individual and crowd conditioning. Though if you believe that we don't have free will then maybe you are right.

Last edited:

Attachments

• Wiehenvenator Original (Dino aus dem Wiehengebirge).jpg
    Wiehenvenator Original (Dino aus dem Wiehengebirge).jpg
    126.1 KB · Views: 141
  • Wiehenvenator Rekonstruktion (Dino aus dem Wiehengebirge).jpg
    Wiehenvenator Rekonstruktion (Dino aus dem Wiehengebirge).jpg
    120.7 KB · Views: 143
Found this interesting about the size of fictional star ships.

Hehe yeah, I remember playing Star Fleet Battles back in the day, folks were breaking out the calculators and protractors, trying to figure out the exact dimensions and displacement of each and every vessel. I never got into the minutia of all that myself, yet it was fascinating to watch others work it out.

Oh, nice! It requires a subscription though. Do you know if they're all in July 31st's magazine or if that's a separate content?

I'm not certain, but they used to give 3 free articles per month if you just created an account. So you can try that.

I'm not certain, but they used to give 3 free articles per month if you just created an account. So you can try that.
Thanks!

Though if I was honest with myself, there's a big book "molecular biology of the cell" that I must still finish and which explains all that. It's about 1400 pages (plus extra chapters in pdf) so I'll probably finish 10 runs in WotR before that! ;)

It's a great book on a captivating domain of science.

Time to change the avatar.

PibbuR who won't replace the grok….for the moment.

Perhaps I shall consider it. I like the duck-Ripper's demeanor.

Thanks!

Though if I was honest with myself, there's a big book "molecular biology of the cell" that I must still finish and which explains all that. It's about 1400 pages (plus extra chapters in pdf) so I'll probably finish 10 runs in WotR before that! ;)

It's a great book on a captivating domain of science.

Yeah, I suggest reading the articles instead then :D

I was discussing the risks of dihydrogen monoxide with my little cousin. Here is the chemical safety sheet, for reference.

Ah yes the dihydrogen monoxide parody.

Link - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dihydrogen_monoxide_parody
The dihydrogen monoxide parody involves calling water by an unfamiliar chemical name, most often "dihydrogen monoxide", and listing some of water's properties in a particularly alarming manner, such as accelerating corrosion and causing suffocation.
Who comes up with this stuff? I'll stick with the common term water or H2O.
The science at the service of aviation. Interesting efficiency and manufacturing techniques.
It's insane how they build those big jets. It's no wonder why they are so expansive.

Back
Top Bottom