The Settlers: New Allies in February

Couchpotato

Part-Time News-bot
Seems another settlers game will be releasing in February.

In this build-up real-time strategy game, players will settle onto a new land, build their communities, meet new factions, and choose to welcome them as allies or enemies in order to protect and defend their new settlement.

Players can enjoy The Settlers®: New Allies in one of three game modes:
  • Single-player campaign: As the Elari are forced to flee its homeland, they must settle on new and unknown territories. These new Settlers will have to face many challenges on their journey, from the raiding of ruthless bandits to the discovery of the new culture of these lands.
  • Hardcore Mode: As players will be able to play new scenarios, a wide range of modifiers and conditions will make the AI an even more challenging opponent. Adaptability is key in this new mode that will put the best players to the test, alone or with friends.
  • Skirmish: Players will be able to experience Solo vs. AI, co-op vs. AI or PvP featuring up to eight players on the 12 maps available at launch.
Developed by Ubisoft Düsseldorf, Players can expect a fresh take on the popular The Settlers series, built from the ground up using Ubisoft’s proprietary Snowdrop Engine.

Last edited:
I really liked The Settlers series until they became generic AoE clones. I found the whole mechanic of building up your domain with towers really interesting.
It's a shame they moved away from that. My favourite is The Settlers 3.

I enjoyed The Settlers: Rise of an Empire and The Settlers: Heritage of King the most, but yeah the latest games feel like something is lacking. The new game looks interesting.

At least the graphics are nice.

I played the games for the "Wusel-Faktor", and just for wtching, similar to ... like watching an Aquarium.
Now, the video consists to 2/3 of it of battle, as if that was the most importasnt part of the game. The very first 2 games, however, became big because of the "Wusel-Faktor" and the cute-looking sprites. Economy was something one loved to look at, because it was so cute. At least that was it in my case.

Nowaday, when I see that the first half or more of a game video consists of descriptions of battle or/and combat, then the game is more or less dead for me.
Because that's all I don't want.

... And ... Uh ... they did put the forest ranger into the game only after testers/players wanted it ??? Not in the first place ????? Bad, bad move ... The forest ranger is one of the most iconic figures in The Settlers ! It should have been in the game right from the start !

But this is good : There is ... what's the word ? ... "cross-play" with several platforms ...

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom