The Totally NEW Team Corwin Thread

Update for Alrik-

We've caught up to you again at level 6. We'll be running Irestone Inlet and then heading out to Three Barrel Cove if you''re interested in running with the group again next week. We couldn't run with you when you took level 6 ahead of us- we were still running level 5 content (level 3 quests on elite) and you would have broken the bravery bonus for your party.

Yes, that was my mistake, I just loved playing that character so much I didn't realize I got to level 6 already.

I've been playing other characters instead when i realized it.

Alrik, the plan is to just run Irestone Inlet (level 4 quest) at level 6. Then take level 7 (if possible) before we hit Three Barrel Cove (level 5-7 quests). So holding 7 and being prepared to take it soon is fine. I also think we will do the house Kundarak bar quests for favor. They are level 5-6 (if we skip the one called Taming the Flames which nobody like).

Remember that most of us are 3rd lifers so we need twice the number of XP you need as a 1st lifer. So it will be quite normal for a 1st lifer to be at the wall to 2 levels above the current level and not taking level until we move on to quests 1 level higher. This way the 1st lifer can keep up with the group and not mess up the xp.

So a 1st (and 2nd) lifer will always lose some XP, buy the upside is that you get to play in a group and have a very good chance of getting named loot and doing quests it would be hard to do solo. We will be running the quests either elite or reaper 1 so we will have the best drop chances of loot and highest saga rewards.

As a rule of thumb you can on heroic be max be 2 levels above the quest level on normal to get full XP. We try to run quests in level sequence with some exceptions. E. g. some chains have jumps in level and we usually finish the chain in one go. E. g. Waterworks has 2 level 3 quests and 2 level 4 quests.

On epic you can max be 3 levels above for level 20 quests and 4 levels above for level 21+ quests for full XP.

Thanks for the explanation.

I need to empty my inventory. :lol:

Taming the Flames is a great quest during Risia for getting Coins, by the way.
But I agree that it is quite a difficult quest.

Hey Guys, I won't be able to make it this week. Due to restrictions with Covid 19, I have had to change the date of an upcoming wedding to this weekend. Unfortunately, that means I'm needed elsewhere and duty calls. Sorry for the late notice, but with the rules changing almost daily sometimes even old codgers like myself have to be flexible!! :)

Let's jump to epics for this week, then.

I propose an eDelera run, which is level 27 (+2 for elite). Az is expecting to work the next day so that will probably be as much as or more than he has time for. The rest of us can scramble after that if we're still feeling froggy.

Let's jump to epics for this week, then.

I propose an eDelera run, which is level 27 (+2 for elite). Az is expecting to work the next day so that will probably be as much as or more than he has time for. The rest of us can scramble after that if we're still feeling froggy.

Actually, this week is Good Friday, so I have a 3 day weekend. Most likely it'll be the following weekend that I have to work though.

Remember that Alrik does not have an epic character, unless something has changed.

That's right, I haven't. But I'm optimistic that you'll make it even without me. ;)

Please tell me afterwards without spoilers what has changed in eDelera (or is it Delara ?). Is Gary Gygax' voice still there ?

What levels do you have Alrik? We've generally got options so you could run with us if you wanted.

Looks like his highest is a 17 Scourge. So does everyone still have their 18/19 alts in play? That's my wolfie druid and that group was ranger-palooza other than Az who also had a wolfie druid a couple levels behind the rest of us. Last time that group ran, they were chewing thru Reavers, having completed 2 of 3 quests (several folks didn't have the gems to open up Eerie Forest). We had the gnoll side remaining.

I remember that, yes.

Bonus days :

DDO Bonus Days!
DDO Bonus Days bring you a +25% Challenge Rewards Boost, now through April 12th!

Fairly large update out there. Plan accordingly.

The update is called an "hotfix" to battle lag caused by "a recently discovered bug".
So, no release notes there.

DDO Store Sales: April 9th - 16th
Improve Your Character!
Get 20% off:
Select Stat and Skill Tomes
Tomes of Heroic and Epic Learning
Harper Agent Enhancement Tree
Now through April 16th!

Weekly Coupon
Potion of Haste x5
Coupon Code CANTSTOP
Now through April 16th!

Well, that was fun, but you all are always so fast. I often could find you only because of your blue dots on the map … and blindly following them.

You know all these places, but i didn't. Like in the Dream Cobnspiracy where i had been running into rats and you were already nearly finished with the quest … two or three weeks ago ?

But anyway, I'm thankful for you showing me everything. :)

Our alt group has two Winter Wolves (which have a speed boost), one of which has a further speed boost from Barbarian levels, and a Monk, which is the definition of speed. :p They're designed for speed.

We're hopping in again in about an hour from this post for those who want to hop in with us.

Alrik, I feel your pain!! I'm usually the one looking for their blue dots as they always leave me behind. At my age, SLOW is my middle name!! :)

Alrik, at Corwin's age, Methuselah considers him an old guy. :p

We got most of the former alt group to 20 today; I think Corwin and Alrik are the only ones left below 20, actually. So we might start considering our next alt group.

Yes, I got level 19, but I'm still a bit away from level 20 with that char.
It was quite some fun for me switching between close combat roles - two weapon fighting - and ranged support roles.

The worst part, however, was that camp with these 3 armies ... I think my char died 3 times there, if not 4.
Had I know what awaited me, then i had been looking for a bane weapon in the inventories of my alts. I only have low-level bane (no crafted ones), though.

I think I'll do a lone trip going through the whole Storm Horns some day, because I want to see how it looks like during sunlight. ;)

From a design perspective, I'm very impressed by the Storm Horns. I never knew that they did THAT big things !
The biggest wilderness area I knew before that was the Menechtarum, or how it is spelled, desert.

I've got a request ... who was who ? I was vaguely able to tell which voice had which character, but I'm stiull unsure. Who was that with the bow ? Was it dte ?
One wolf must've been Az, but I'm unsure about the other wolf ... and there was someone else ... But most of the time I saw a white wolf and a bow-man or bow-woman.

Back
Top Bottom