The Totally NEW Team Corwin Thread

I started tinkering with a death cleric build. Like the bad guy from Indiana Jones. So my offense would start with the inflict spells (yawn) and spread into the necro school (necrotic ray SLA, slay living, destruction). Certainly not going to carry the party but perhaps enough to contribute while still giving us legit healing?

I looked a little more at the FvS and I think you're right. No SLA and no domain really hurts the concept badly. The enhancement trees are light, melee, and generic casting. No way to get any boosts that I'm looking for. The cleric enhancements at least have one tree that gives you a "path of evil" option.

I can always stick to the tripper monk. This was just a concept and cleric lives are pretty much impossible to solo so linking it to the alts seemed like a mutually beneficial deal.

Long run, a Divine Disciple Cleric is going to end up with the same amount of spells regardless of whether you go Light or Dark; I chose Light myself because everything takes damage from it, and nothing heals from it (which Undead comprise about 1/3 of the entire game). The extra Destruction and Necrotic Ray probably doesn't match up to better Implosion DCs and Chain Lightning of Air Domain, or Firewall of Fire Domain. Or for that matter, Earthquake in Earth domain.

Regardless, if I wanted a dps caster, either Warlock or Sorcerer will by far stomp all over a Cleric or Favored soul at this point.

As far as just trying to get a past life, I think a Battle Cleric build is in a better place now than before. War Domain adds a lot of umph, and there's some decent stuff in War Priest, including a Smite that lands a AOE heal every time you use it. Might not be top-tier dps, but enough to make it through to 20 without issue.

But the concept, man, the concept! :)

Another way to look at it is a pale master with armor that can party heal. Think scroll healing would be able to keep up the pace in a nasty fight?

edit- scrolls obviously can't be quickened, but heal and mass heal aren't exactly insta-cast even when they are quickened. I guess the question would be how many fights our group would get in where we're over our heads.

Quite frankly, outside of a few instances of spike damage, Aura + Sustaining Song on our last life handled pretty much all our healing needs. Most of the time that it didn't, someone was separated from the group. I don't think I even threw Heal, much less Mass Heal, at all last life. Granted, that was a solid group, and we were wiping out critters long before they did any real damage. But in general I think healing isn't something you have to worry too much about; as long as you've got a majority of levels in Cleric, you can handle most anything we run across.

I still remember when I ran with you with my Cleric ... was it 2012 ? 2013 ?
I haven't played that one for many years now ...

So if I'm going to build my High Priest of Kali, you're thinking just go 100% pale master to do necro properly, buy some rezzy scrolls for when we screw up, and the whole cleric-for-party-healing role be damned? I could probably do that.

The new alt group isn't likely to be as well-rounded and powerful as that mains group we finished a while back but it won't be a bunch of amateurs knocking around, either. So at this point, I guess we need to see what the rest of the group has in mind for the alts and then I can set RhoGu up as a pale master or a tripper monk depending on what we need more.

Some interesting developments there. Thanks Alrik.

So if I'm going to build my High Priest of Kali, you're thinking just go 100% pale master to do necro properly, buy some rezzy scrolls for when we screw up, and the whole cleric-for-party-healing role be damned? I could probably do that.

The new alt group isn't likely to be as well-rounded and powerful as that mains group we finished a while back but it won't be a bunch of amateurs knocking around, either. So at this point, I guess we need to see what the rest of the group has in mind for the alts and then I can set RhoGu up as a pale master or a tripper monk depending on what we need more.

If I was going to build a Necro-focused death dealing machine, yep; I'd go PM with Archmage going up the Necro tree for a spare SLA or two. Given the sheer number of feats Wizards have, you can easily duel-focus, and when death isn't appropriate, switch to Enchantment or whatever. Again, this is my opinion and what I would do; take that as you will.

It is kinda difficult to know what to expect when you and I are the only two who've given any thought to the next alt group at all. If you go PM, I may go another road entirely, since I don't want to load two groups with heavy arcane caster numbers. Though I almost certainly won't run a melee character again.

Do NOT log in right now ! After the Patch there has been a serious bug which apparingly makes shared banks & TR caches empty.

Patch is a little big so grab ahead of time if you can, that is once they get it open.

It is possible, although not set in stone, that I won't participate, because I feel a bit exhausted. I had been doing normal work this week, inclusive early times to get up in the morning.

Sales & code :

DDO Store Sales: April 23rd - 30th
Store More Loot!
Get 30% off:
Character Banks
Shared Banks, Deposit Box, Plat Storage
Inventory Space
Bags
Now through April 30th!

Weekly Coupon
Item Restoration Oil
RESTOREITEM
Now through April 30th!

This free thing looks as if it is very handy !

DDO Bonus Days!
DDO Bonus Days bring you a +50% Crafting XP Boost, now through April 26th!

The quest Soul Survivor has been temporarily closed while we investigate a bug. We will let you know when this quest is once again available.

… The funniest thing was, however, that outcry : "UNDER he platform ???" :lol:

Well, I thought, the group was more or less running around like … excuse me … headless chicken, apparingly finding no way out.

Then I thought : "If the solution of this problem is not there, then it must be in another place." So I dropped my character down the platform, hoping that this wouldn't result in the death of my character.

And i was right ! I had to run around like a headless chicken now, because there were so many foes I just could not stand against , (Reaper, 1 Skull), and i feared that if I'd type "help" then they would reach my char and slay her instantly.
So I ran around and tried, and you were looking for me ! :lol:

Eventually, my char died indeed, so I answered the question "wgere are you" with "beneath you", but that didn't work. I had to specify with "under the platform", which had led to that surprised outcry ! :lol:

Or, as I explained later : One has to think "out of the box".
If a problem cannot be solved from within a system, then its solution might be outside of the system.

I can really recommend doing the Lost Gatekeeper story arc alone at least once ! They are *very* story-focused, with "Rosemary's Ballad" being the most moving story I have seen in DDO so far. Really tragic.
The last quest of that arc is very DM voice heavy, so I recommend playing it alone at least once to see what the chatter is really about.

Besides, I found out that Token of the Twelve also fit into the Shared Bank Crafting Storage.

What I found fits into that as well :

- Ammo of *any* type that's stackable. No returning things.
- almost any kind of crafting ingredient
- Collectables
- Mimic Token
- Horse token
- Mysterious Remnants
- Anniversary Party Favour
- Mabar Event / Night Revels Event collectable items (inclusive motes)
- trap parts
- Festivult Coins
- Crystal Cove items (unfortunately not compasses, pirate ports and anything challenge-related)
- ingots (Keep on the Borderlands, Secret of the Artificers [House Cannith] )
- Risia recipes
- Risia crating items
- gems (not named ones)
- cannith crafting dissolvers
- cannith crafting dust of disjunction (or how it is called)
- Cannith essences
- crafting items from the the "Path of Inspiration" chain (don't know about the "Dreaming Dark" chain)
- Ruins Of Gianthold collectables
- Augments
- Tokens of the Twelve

That's what comes to my mind now.

What does NOT fit, unfortunately, are Commendation of Valor, Cannith crafted Runestones and named gems and material useable for crafting with the "Reaver's Reach" pack ("Dragontouched" items).

If you are not sure, just try it out.

Mid-sized patch. Plan accordingly.

Don't forget, we'll start the night with a DA run. Alrik has told me that's all he's got in him tonight so we'll be running alts of some sort this week after the DA.

Thanks for helping me.
In fact, I was very tired and went to sleep as soon as possible after the DA run.

That's the whole point of the guild, Alrik.

OK, so everybody has homework this week. We're working on that next alt group. Sooooo!

Corwin- token count + what class would you like to run this time?

Alrik- token count + which of your 700 toons ( :) ) would you like to run with the alts? Would need to be fairly low level (like 2-3) unless you wanted to give the rest of us a couple weeks to catch up to you.

Az, JM, Peter- what class would you like to run this time?

CM- do any of your "other folks" want to commit to join in? They would need to communicate their plans both for lvl7 mains and lvl1 alts, preferably here on the Watch. Also, what class would you like to run this time?

DTE- what class would you like to run this time?

Well, thank you for asking, DTE! Since the game is currently skewed so badly against melee toons, I shall zig when the world zags and go with my tripping puncher monk. Low expectations which I shall fail to meet! Go team!

By the way, if we have any overachievers in the group, you can bring the new alts around, get them maybe half way thru level 2, and then park at the Keep. We'll do some feather farming to get everyone close to level 3 and then tackle the Keep chain.

Back
Top Bottom