The Totally NEW Team Corwin Thread

Sorry, I just checked : I completed all 4 quests !
My thought it was only 3 was partially because of my blurred memory - everything was so fast, lol, partly because I mixed somewhat a Necro3 quest from the Wiki - but couldn't remember its name anymore - with a Necro4 quest.

So, I did complete all 4 quests !

Thought some of you might enjoy seeing what you're missing by not living in Oz!! :p
https://www.news.com.au/travel/aust...s/news-story/a309779b0dd5576dc413fa082246e791
:)

I know a few if these things from Germany - for example, we have a similar thing to "chicken salt". In my household, there is "potato salt" ! ;)

Walking barefoot ? Ouch, I wouldn't try that here. Definitively.
Free public tioletstoilets ? Nope. One has to pay with coins.

The price on the price tag is what you actually pay ? Check. Same here. VAT is always included.

But … what's a kettle ?
We don't use kettles here, or it is something else than I think of when reading "kettle" … ?

A kettle is what you use to boil water, say for tea or coffee. In the USA apparently they use one on a stove. Here we plug them in, thus electric kettles. Almost no-one boils water on a stove.
I hate going into a store, whatever in NA seeing a price say $5 and then finding out there's 12% state tax and 7% federal tax and 5% sales tax, etc all added on at the end!! CRAZY!!!!

Okay, electronic water kettles … We simply call them "waterboilers".

Boiling water on the stove is still common here, although waterboilers are so much faster.

We sometimes use a Stövchen (diminutive of "Stove", maybe ?) to hold tea (mostly tea, sometimes coffee as well) warm : https://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stövchen
It is not used to boil anything, only to keep things warm, usually with a candle under it.

I'm thinking of creating a Shifter character. What would you say, which class should I use ?
I'm currently torn between Favoured Soul and Cleric.

New machine finally arrived. working on it now. doubt it will be ready in time for tonight. but will be with y'all soon. :)

Great news; you've been missed; we all got lost in the orchard last week!! :)

Great news indeed.

So one more week of alts it is. Gianthold flaggers, Tor, and maybe the raid if we have time.

Sounds good. Which quest did you not complete? I'm guessing Inferno. We'll probably walk away from Necro and get started on our Gianthold tour next alt session. I'll see where Klubbir's at and run her around the Orchard for a bit if necessary.

Any word on JM's status?

Actually, we did the entire chain. Went Vol, Inferno, Fleshmakers, Ghosts. No S/E/Rs except what we ran across though.

Quote from the forums :

Update 49.4 patch notes:

Letting players access the game contributes to lag, we have solved this problem.

A kettle is what you use to boil water, say for tea or coffee. In the USA apparently they use one on a stove. Here we plug them in, thus electric kettles. Almost no-one boils water on a stove.
I hate going into a store, whatever in NA seeing a price say $5 and then finding out there's 12% state tax and 7% federal tax and 5% sales tax, etc all added on at the end!! CRAZY!!!!

Actually, I have an electric kettle. Technically two, since I make sweet ice tea with a dedicated one, and I have the regular electric kettle for hot chocolate or other stuff that isn't on my diet.

Night work is coming next month. Three jobs, so while I'm not sure of exact dates or how long, I'll be out for a time once it hits. Probably at least a couple of weeks. So you'll probably get the alts to 20 while I'm gone, unless they get done a lot faster than expected.

After our game on June 11, I'll be on the road for 6 weeks which means I may be hit or miss depending on whether I'm able to use the net at whatever location I may be at, same as previously. I'll try to make it where possible, but I may not be able to give advance notice.

Summary of last night's action:
-finished Borovia1
-ran Dragonborn pair to get Corwin and I enough XP
-took lvl13

If we get 1 more week on the mains, we have some bar quests and Necro3 in our sights. If we're back to alts, we'll be on GH flaggers.

Do we REALLY want to subject Alrik to Necro 3? Are we REALLY that cruel and sadistic?? Isn't there something FUN available at level 13????

There some alternate level 11 quests.

1. Ravenloft part 2
2. Spawn of Whisperdoom in house P
3. Several house J quests: From Beyond the Grave, And the Dead Shall Rise, Dreams of Insanity, The Enemy Within
4. House K Made to Order

We can even do the Menechtarun Desert level 11 quests, but we did those on the alts.

Necro 3 isn't that bad. Tomb of the Blighted is pretty straight forward for us now since we know it. Tomb of the Unhallowed and Tomb of the Forbidden are quite easy quests no match for our groups.

Tomb of the Tormented is another story, though. We need to rat feeding puzzlers. Most of the group have an easy, but boring task of killing zombies again and again. So if we have 2 puzzlers this quest isn't really bad. However, doing the 3 puzzles is very tedious and a small mistake can kill the rat and we have to start all over. That is the frustrating part.

Having said that, Necro 3 has excellent XP.

Alrik needs to see Necro 3 at one time. I would like to do the house J quests above at some time. We are almost never running those. I remember them to be tricky, but we are much better now than when we did do them before.

I never saw it. So, now you've made me curious. :lol:

We could do it slowly. 1 or 2 quests per session, so that we have enough time for them, just in case that anything goes fubar ( I like that word, because it reminds me of the German word "furchtbar", which means "awesome" (or, very literally, "fearable", but no-one translates it that way) in a negative way, like "horrible").

I think VON needs to be completed, right ? Or did I misunderstand something there ?

Alrik needs one toon with a fully upgraded Silver Flame necklace. Even though it's not as useful as it used to be, it's just one of those items that everyone should have.
Additionally, Necro3 is nearly impossible to solo meaning this will be about the only way he gets to see those quests. Finally, we haven't run that chain in half of forever and we're due.

I've got several of the lvl11 bar quests on the agenda as well. We'll see how many we need to get everyone their next character level, but even with Necro3 having decent XP I figure we'll have to run a few. Az had specifically requested the tower with the lich a few weeks ago, so we'll definitely hit that one at a minimum. I'm trying to keep us out of the Desert this time around just for variety. I'm also trying to avoid as much of Borovia as I can since we've hammered those chains every life since the pack came out (couldn't avoid the lvl10 chain, but I'm pretty sure we can bail on the other two).

We're going to have plenty of content for 12 and 13 now that we've got a reason to run the 3 Lordsmarch chains.

Also, we've punted on finishing VON. Our group just doesn't have the right makeup to short-man that raid.

Hm, I guess that this means that I have to look out who of my toons has the farthest developed silver flame trinket …

And, regarding Barovia : Even although this adventure pack is very well crafted, I think I have seen enough of this overwhelming darkness …
The bad thing is, that apart from Sharn - which is so many levels higher - nothing comes even remotely close to the quality of the Barovia quest chains.

What I'd really like to do with some of Team Corwin, is, doing Challenges.

I just can't manage to solo them, but I'm in fact curious what the items looks like which can be bought from the various rewards.
I don't have the slightest idea, though, whether they bring enough xp, though.
What I have never visited at all, is Shavarath, or how it is called. That's the only area apart from the Restless Islands where I have never ever been within the game.

Another thing that came to my mind : The 2 quests on Ataraxia's Haven have Kundarak favour, too. I did them many years ago, so I don't have many memories of them.

By the way, I finally finished the Stormhorns Netherese saga today. This … Mythhallar ? thing is gigantic ! It was an very impressive experience …
( I did it with my first Epic toon, Ahiania. )

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom