The Totally NEW Team Corwin Thread

Crystal Cove has begun !

Bonus days are about challenges - looks to me as if Crystal Cove was affected as well ?

DDO Bonus Days!
Thu, 03 Jun 2021 17:42:03 +0000
DDO Bonus Days bring you a +20% Challenge Rewards Boost, now through June 9th!

After the main session broke, we took the alts (lvl16) thru the GH flaggers and Tor. On average, those toons are starting 4th rank of toon lvl16, although there's a fairly wide spread as expected with the alt group. Those toons will do Tower of Frost and then move on to lvl15 quests, meaning those that have 17 should take it AFTER we run Tower.

Corwin has 1 more week before he gets hit-n-miss so folks might want to make sure their alt toon is appropriately positioned or (as JM had to do) jump to one that's closer. That group has Harbinger1 and Tethymar in their future. At a minimum, JM is now running a trap monkey so if people need to change alt toons, we've got the role covered.

On a personal note, Phuury's death cleric build is getting pretty solid. I picked up a necrotic SLA as my lvl14 deity feat and it's hitting for about 1100hp per shot (double that regularly due to crits and still half that on the rare times they saved). Cooldown is nothing and it's not burning mana. He wasn't doing badly working light spells for the first half of his life, either. There's a decided lack of CC and I occasionally have to be careful getting too much aggro but I think caster clerics in general are stronger than they get credit for being. Undead turns and "live healing" are more gravy than meat-n-potatoes.

The recent spell pass actually boosted Clerics/Favored Souls quite a bit in terms of damage. They weren't bad before, but now their turning into a beast. Radiant Servant getting a serious cost reduction should help out too.

I'm going to have to do some catchup on Mureall; she's just into 15. I could also use some gear; her hat and cloak are L1 items, she's using a UMD swap item for a necklace, L5 gloves, L10 bracers, no belt or ring… Basically only my MinII goggles and Kundarak Delving Boots are decent items, along with a lootgen vitality robe. The rest can be tossed. No COM item or False Life, no CHA item either. :p I've been seriously neglecting my alt.

*EDIT*

After going through her bank, Mureall picked up +6 spell DCs, 3 to Evocation/Conjuration specifically, around 30 more spell power to Fire and Electric, 70 HP, 20 PRR, 200 SP, 30 Healing Amp. And I'm still running about 4 slots down.

*edit* I ran Lordsmarch 1 for Coin Lords favor because I was running only 4 bags. Turned out I just never got a portable hole out and claimed the last bag.

Last edited:
You could take a look into the guild bank, too. And the brokers have sometimes nice gear, too. I mean the gear with the teal border.

I think I have a problem here. My stupidness makes me realize that only now.
My current level 16 alt, Senha, has no access to Eveningstar -> Tethamar yet. I'm no VIP anymore, but I have all expansions. So, running Tethyamar with her would be difficult. She needs to do the Lords of Dust chain first.
She doesn't have done any Gianthold quests so far, either.
Level-wise, she has rank 81 now, that shouldn't be the problem. She can get level 17 at any time.

Last edited:
Do you have The Hall of Heroes? https://ddowiki.com/page/Hall_of_Heroes_Passport lets you swap from Eberron to Forgotten Realms on the character select screen. Just select the character, then select which world you want to be on.

Not that blasting through Lords of Dust chain will be much of a problem, but it's an option. Once there, we can get you Purple Dragon Knight favor for a Key, which will let you teleport freely over to the Forgotten Realms any time.

Sorry, no, I haven't got that thing yet.

A few notes on the run :

- If you have inventory problems (aka "my inventory is full"), then
just throw a few items away ("do you want to destroy this item ?")
and buy them back at a tavern or from almost any other vendor.

Since the "buy back" price is the standar price listed at the bottom of the item's description,
because of that DO NOT THROW AWAY NAMED LOOT ! Or loot with a teal border.

Your "throwaway order" should be like this :

• scrolls
  • gems
  • potions
  • low-level spell components
  • low-level wands
  • low quality loot
  • tools like "Thief's Tools"

You can buy them back WITHIN 24 HOURS from almost every vendor,
except these items, which can NOT be bought back :

- Collectables

Collectables are gone. Completely.

Regarding the cursed Silver Flame people in the Cursed Crypt quest : I wondered whether the spell "flesh to stone" would be handy there. It would freeze them, not kill them, and not bother player characters. https://ddowiki.com/page/Flesh_to_Stone

Be careful when talking to the head of a quest chain : There is a nasty - imho - bug (according to customer report, it ain't one), that if you open the chain end rewards, and close it (accidentally or to clean up the inventory), then these end rewards are GONE. You won't get that window with end rewards back again.
This happened to me a few times.

There is a bug I discovered, but so far with no response (I solely listed it in the famous "Hey Lynnabel" thread so far) :

As a Wizard ( ! ) I was recently able to successfully inscripe this scroll :
"Curative Admixture : Cure Serious Wounds".

Curious.

Regarding the Lordsmarch loot, you should definitively take a look at the Wiki. I don't know how good it is, but it has at least a good table on what can be combined, and what becomes BTC or BTA.

Look here : https://ddowiki.com/page/Cauldron_of_Sora_Katra

The Cauldron located in Lordsmarch Plaza is needed for that.
Plus, marks from the two Lordsmarch chains (the new Eyes chain doesn't seem to have these marks as loot or as end rewards.

On the positive side, however, the "fusible" sceptres (BE spelling) don't seem to need those marks. The end result will be a quarterstaff, though.

A discussion on the BTA / BTC / BTCOE thing : https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthre...march-BTA-item-now-BTCoE?highlight=lordsmarch

List of new and updated Lordsmarch loot : https://ddowiki.com/page/Update_49_named_items

Edit : Just found this interview via the DDO Chronicle : https://venturebeat.com/2021/06/09/...nterview-reflecting-on-15-years-of-adventure/

Last edited:
Sorry, no, I haven't got that thing yet.
We can always substitute Sharn1 in for Tethymar if necessary. For that matter, since the alt group is reasonably strong (if unbalanced) we could patch in the Meridia quests, too. I scheduled Tethymar because it's got some decent loot, good XP, and doesn't get run often. Don't have my heart set on it.

We'll have some time to figure it out. Between Frost and Harbinger1, I figure the next session on the alts is already pretty full.

*edit* I ran Lordsmarch 1 for Coin Lords favor because I was running only 4 bags. Turned out I just never got a portable hole out and claimed the last bag.
Hmmmm, that story sounds familiar somehow. Can't quite place it. :)

Peter, we finished Lordsmarch1 and then ran the new Lordsmarch chain. Average for the group is rank 70, just short of lvl15. Corwin is bring up the rear about a rank behind (he must not have an XP tome running, because he's still VIP). We will probably re-run the new chain to get the entire group levelled up and get another stab at good loot so you won't have missed out on that front.

On the horizon for the mains... I'm going to try to keep us out of GH for once. So we'll get a bit of a headstart into next level repeating the new chain, then knock out Lordsmarch2 and the Archons trio. While there's a ton of lvl14 content, the XP for stuff that's not GH is actually a little crappy so we might have to run quite a bit of it to continue our march. Anyone have any special requests for 14-17 quests?

Hmmmm, that story sounds familiar somehow. Can't quite place it. :)

I also figured out I was running an enhancement that lets me use my Fire spell power in place of electric. Which explains why I've been tearing stuff up so well with Chain Lightning. I also was missing L7 spell components, and hadn't slotted Delayed Blast Fireball yet until after I had finished three GH quests today. I intend to finish GH save Madstone and Crucible (I'm unsure about soloing Madstone, and definitely know I can't get through the maze in Crucible without a valve puller or three)

Rachail isn't much better, and Mirys is only "better" by virtue of being lower level.

For a recommendation that you won't take, we've never done the Ascension Chamber raid as a group before. Granted, we usually have to skip it because farming enough pieces to make a whole sigil ends up bringing us past ti level wise, but it's a suggestion. We also only rarely hit the pre-raid. Beyond that, I think we haven't ran the Vale in awhile. There's a huge amount of XP out there, enough to push us a level or so.

I freed up around 40 slots in my shared bank, and sold off some more old loot that I'll never use, opening up some space in my mules.

Alrik, Flesh to Stone, and it's Alchemist's version Flesh to Gold, are VERY good to have in quests like Cursed Crypt, with hostiles you're not able to kill without failing the quest. Problem is that most wizards and sorcs go for something other than Transmutation, because there's so few spells in that school for them. My Alchemist is an Inquisitive rather than a caster, so not so good on the DCs there either. I still was able to freeze a couple with Flesh to Gold though.

Which explains why I've been tearing stuff up so well with Chain Lightning.

I noticed that. Sometimes, I didn't have much to do anymore.

I still was able to freeze a couple with Flesh to Gold though.
Flesh to gold ? And then sell them ? :lol:

I can try to get my alt through the demonweb solo to at least have access to Eveningstar.
For the access alone, I think that casual difficult or normal difficulty would be sufficient.

Regarding Ascension Chamber : Curiously, I have a full seal only on my alt, Senha, so far. From when we did the Orchard quests.

We'd have to do that for the mains to get a full seal, no ? I thought it was BTC.

I did something within Meridia ages ago with you ... I have only memories of the wilderness, though.

I once soloed the Trial Of The Archons quest series, just to see how it is like.
I have never been to Shavarath ? spelling ? in my whole DDO career. The only other place I have never been in is the Restless Islands.

I've requested the Restless Isles a couple of times. The general terribleness of the pack, coupled with the mass of high-XP quests and better loot quests in that level range tends to get it pushed back though.

Shavarath's old pack is fun, but we often hit 20 before hitting it. Might make for a good point to hit it and the raid there.

My alt actually has only 4 seal pieces, so We'd have to run the quests again, unless I run out there and get really lucky with rares.

The alts are already past Litany, so we'd be looking at the mains. I was just talking about throwing some odds-n-ends into lvl14 content for the mains when the time comes, so we'll officially add that to the plan for the mains. If I've ever run it, it would be just a single time ages ago so we'd need two volunteers to tour guide it.

The old Shav pack is lvl19 content which means lvl21 toons. That problem is fairly self-explanatory, as Az pointed out. I've got no problem keeping this alt group together into epics for a bit, though.

Well, I remembered that some of the items from the Ascension Chamber raid are available through that 15th Anniversary Token, too.
There are some other, probably better ? , items available via that token as well, though.

The alts are already past Litany, so we'd be looking at the mains. I was just talking about throwing some odds-n-ends into lvl14 content for the mains when the time comes, so we'll officially add that to the plan for the mains. If I've ever run it, it would be just a single time ages ago so we'd need two volunteers to tour guide it.

The old Shav pack is lvl19 content which means lvl21 toons. That problem is fairly self-explanatory, as Az pointed out. I've got no problem keeping this alt group together into epics for a bit, though.

Wait, what level are the alts? I thought they were 16; right at level for Necro4 flaggers, and 1 level below Litany which is 15. I just took 16 on Mureall after blowing through GH (even killed the Dragons without issue, though the white dragon kept dying too quickly). From the last post, I should be only three ranks behind now, which I theoretically could catch up today on if I farmed for sigil pieces out in the Orchard for awhile. Though I may have a full/nearly full sigil on Rachail, so that may work out better anyway.

As far as old Shavarath, we can easily handle that below level if you want to just hit it. We usually do it and the two IQ chains below level when we do them. Given the dps we're pushing out from a few characters, they shouldn't be an issue as long as someone remembers how Genesis Point works. Because I sure don't.

I believe most of the alt group is holding 17 already. Klubbir is in the last rank of 16. She hasn't run the flaggers (y'all ran those the week I was out) so there'd be some re-runs there, plus I checked and she's only got 4 of 8 sigil pieces right now. That said, such plans as I had written down for the alt group are likely to be torn up now since getting Alrik into Tethyamar is problematic so we can fill in our new dance card as we desire. No worries from me either way.

Also, how did you get into Tor without doing Madstone? I ran into the same issue with Wouldii- knocking out most of GH but not able to finish it because of not knowing how to solo Madstone. If there's a way around that problem, I'm all ears.

Back
Top Bottom