The Totally NEW Team Corwin Thread

Good luck with it !

I had my fair share of rain today as well ! I had to go through very strong rain (aka "it rains cats & dogs !") to get to the bus, having still 1/4 wet clothes on that didn't dry fast enough during the night, and having had a shower in the bath before that !

It took half of the working day to get dried up again !

(And no, I don't make things up. I'm actually notorious for having … "incidents". I guess that Lady Luck loves me !)

Well I got a new MSI laptop, which should be fine for DDO; it's CPU is on par with my old desktop, not as much RAM, but better GPU. Feels really weird to play on though, but I guess that's just being with a mechanical keyboard for so long.

It didn't seem to get advertised but astral shards are 25% off for those of us that need rogue hirelings.

Sorry, but due to some complications, I will not be able to make this weeks session. Hopefully will be available next week, I'll let people know as I'll be back travelling then.

OK, then. It will be the 18-alts, getting Alrik thru Spinner and a step closer to his key. We'll see how that puts us for time.

The alts have a new plan since most of us will get close to cap before we accomplish our primary goal of getting a key for Alrik.

1) we need 74 PDK favor. We will run the first two Wheloon2 quests (Friends and Lesson) which are both fairly easy to get to and have little if any purple haze. That's 42pts.
2) those that have it (Should be most of us by then) can take 19
3) we run Murder by Night and Riddle. It will be under level, but it's older content that we should be able to handle. That's 39 favor and Alrik can get his key. Woot woot.
4) At that point, we'll be within a few ranks of cap. We can do whatever, but I propose we do the Shavarath chain. It's been a long time since we tackled that one. It's older content so we should be able to run it under level. That is likely to cap us.

5) that likely gets us into my blackout period. As things become more clear, we can figure out what makes sense.

As always, I'm deeply grateful for what you do for me. As I was someone who had to do things "the solo way" for most of my life (mostly because of my social phobia, but that's gone now, for which I'm glad), this is a great fuzzy feeling to know people who are like the Musketeers so to say.
So, if you ever need help, you can just ask me. I'm happy to pay that back as good as I can / as I'm able to.

I have this feeling only at work as well, since I've never had many friends, and most of them live out of reach (read : in towns so far away I just can't go there in a day).

Looks like I'll be out again this week as I'm scheduled to be on the road traveling. I'll make a special effort for the following week if possible.

Looks like I'll be out again this week as I'm scheduled to be on the road traveling. I'll make a special effort for the following week if possible.
No worries. My upcoming absence is likely to be far longer so a couple weeks won't be a big deal. We'll work on Alrik's key.

U50 Preview 2

Code:
Hello, all! Preview 2 of Update 50 is open! It is expected to remain open until sometime in the afternoon (Eastern) of Friday July 16th.

There will be a dev event on Thursday July 15th from 8-10 PM Eastern where members of the DDO team will be available to collect feedback and answer questions in real-time on Lamannia.

This preview contains the following features:

The Sinister Secret of Saltmarsh
    New Universal Enhancement Tree: Horizon Walker
    Endgame Itemization Adjustments
    New Named Loot
    New Augments
    New Filigree Sets
    Scroll/Seal/Shard Loot Revamp & Expansion

In addition to those primary features it also contains the following miscellaneous changes and bugfixes:

Character

Paladin: Knight of the Chalice: The T3 ranged attack was sharing its name with a T5 ability (both called "Avenging Shot"); it has had its name fixed to be "Exalted Shot", matching its melee counterpart.
    Falconry: Meticulous Weaponry now anti-requisites with other forms of Item Defense.
    Eldritch Knight's Item Defense (both versions) now give the listed amount of Item Defense.
    Burst of Glacial wrath now works on everything, rather than erroneously excluding certain monsters.
    Poison Damage Resistance now properly reduces Poison Damage
    Shadar-Kai Iconic has been updated. They now get their first Chain Attack ability as an innate racial feat, and both Chain Attacks are now melee attacks requiring a light weapon in your Main hand. A more full explanation can be seen in this thread: Shadar Kai
    Radiant Servant has had many changes. A more full explanation can be seen in this thread: Radiant Servant
    The Aura of Courage buff from the Knight of the Chalice capstone now reliably applies to all party members
    Rogue: Thief Acrobat: Sweeping Strikes now correctly factors in your Trip DC
    Druids now get Protection from Elements Mass as a level 7 spell

Items

Guild Augments have now been fully deprecated.
        You can no longer buy Guild Augments from Vendors.
        Existing Guild Augments can no longer be slotted. They can be sold back to vendors for gold.
        Items that had Guild Augment slots now have a Colorless Augment Slot in its place. (Unless that item is, somehow, a Quiver, in which case it will not be replaced by anything, sorry).
        If you have an item with a Guild Augment currently in it, it will retain that Guild Augment until it expires, at which time the slot will be replaced by a Colorless Augment Slot.
        (Please note that items in auction houses and account banks may not lose the Guild Augment Slot and gain the Colorless Augment Slot until they leave those spaces).
    Siberys Spirit Cake can now be used by raging players to resurrect their dead friends.
    Lootgen Docents (and some other older Docents) should once more display their correct base appearance.
    Docents with old armor potion kits applied should once more show their appearances.
    Weapons that do non-mundane damage such as Flameblades or Celestia now correctly interact with DR and resistances.
    Trap the Soul now requires a standalone special component, called a Khyber Dragonshard, that is found in shops wherever high quality spell components may be found. This component works for all variations of Trap the Soul.

Quests

Monsters will no longer cast persistent spells like wall of fire, or CC spells like sound burst in rapid succession.
    Barovia is a dangerous place, and the Abbey of Saint Markovia is no exception. Those who seek safety may not always find it.
    Removed some NPC's from Meridia that were not meant to be there.
    Fix a scaling issue with the monster stats in the following quests:
        Tower of Frost
        Memory Lapse
        Kind of a Big Deal
        Another Man's Treasure
    Zawabi now bestows and resolves Against the Demon Queen (the 6-player pre-raid) and
    Zawabi's Revenge (the 12-player raid) separately.
    You are now only required to complete Against the Demon Queen once per life in order to play Zawabi's Revenge; after that, Zawabi will allow you to choose which quest to speak to him about.
    Against the Demon Queen is no longer restricted by Raid Timer.
    Raid Timer Bypass Hourglasses now work properly on Zawabi's Revenge.

Miscellaneous

Changes have been made to the spellcasting system that make casting spells more reliably. This may prevent dry firing of spells in certain situations.
    Hirelings will now cast their spells more reliably when directed to do so
    Fixed an issue where trying to swap out of a missile weapon into a melee weapon wouldn't queue properly
    Patron Reward feats should now consistently remain on you through Lesser and Epic Reincarnation.
    Icons for certain drow damage over time poisons have been set to actually look like poison.
    When viewing a monster's HP through selection (due to having the appropriate Monster Manual reward for that monster type), the percentage HP of that monster will now be shown in parenthesis next to their current and max HP
    Formatting for the percentage HP for your party members has been adjusted slightly to better take advantage of available space
    Half Elves have had a cosmetic revamp.
    Monster perception range is now slightly smaller (this may not apply to raid bosses or custom bosses)
    Saving throws on all epic monsters on elite and hard have been reduced.
    The Legendary II monster boosts have been removed.
    Launcher: The 64-bit game client is now the default choice for new installs. Updated the wording on the legacy client to indicate that it is no longer supported.
    Monster Manual Volume 8 is available. It is free to VIP's and in this preview can be obtained by purchasing it in the DDO store (you can get points from Lord Poincelot in the test dojo). Monster Manual Volume 8 has categories for the following monster types:
        Griffon
        Satyr
        Goblin
        Animated Objects
        Living spells
        Gnome
        Harpy
        Marilith
        Forgewraith
        Wight

I have homework for everyone. It's actually semi-interesting to consider where the numbers add up.

Go to your monster manual. On each page there's a listing of the total number of times on your account you've been killed by that type of critter. Add up your total deaths. Report them here. :)

I was a little surprised at the number of critters that have never caused my demise, some generally considered powerful. Similarly, some critter types you wouldn't think would cause problems have some pretty high numbers.

939 total deaths for my account. In very round numbers, that's getting close to twice a week since I started playing DDO. I think about half of those were Phuury attempting Running With The Devils with the mains as a pale master a few years back… My top 3- humans 134 (most common and lots of bosses, so can't say that surprised me), skeletons 69 (again, very common across all levels), and abashai 48 (think that was skewed by the Archons, Meridia, and Grim-n-Barrett chains before they nerfed the special AoE attack spamming).

Last edited:
I am not sure I want to play this game any more. I have 4267 deaths listed in the manual. But remember all the creatures are not in there. And that does not include traps, lava pits, getting blown up by exploding barrels, falling off high rocks with no feather fall, drowning due to getting caught with your water breathing item in the bank. 585 Human kills was my highest.

Now that will be funny ! I guess that I'll get a top number as well ! :lol:

I am not sure I want to play this game any more. I have 4267 deaths listed in the manual. But remember all the creatures are not in there. And that does not include traps, lava pits, getting blown up by exploding barrels, falling off high rocks with no feather fall, drowning due to getting caught with your water breathing item in the bank. 585 Human kills was my highest.
Indeed.

Interesting that humans are within a few kills of 1/7 of the total for both of us.

2163 deaths myself. Top is human with 302 followed by drow with 196.

I have been killed by all monster types except one. Try to guess which?

Hint: My party has killed 367 of this monster. I have killed it 103 times. I will provide another hint later if nobody get close.

2163 deaths myself. Top is human with 302 followed by drow with 196.

I have been killed by all monster types except one. Try to guess which?

Hint: My party has killed 367 of this monster. I have killed it 103 times. I will provide another hint later if nobody get close.
Once again, humans within a small handful of 1/7 total. I wonder if that will remain consistent for the others.

For the extensive time you've got in the game 367 total kills is actually fairly low. So a semi-rare critter. How about Glabrezu or Draegloth?

Strange, I would have thought that most of Peter's deaths came from the various traps he regularly sets off!! :p :)

I was killed by a rat twice. How in the heck does that happen? A rat?

I just asked that myself when I was counting.
I have even the count 2 bats defeating me !
Plus 3 oozes.

My total number is : 262.

Remember that I don't play continously as long as you do.
Pus, I don't have the manual as long as you have. I think I bought almost all volumes only in 2019 or even in 2020 !
If I had them when I was more active in 2012-2014, then that number would have been considerably higher !

My highest numbers are :

Fire Elementals - 14
Kobolds - 23 !
Drow - 27
Human - 27
Skeleton - 24
Wraith - 20

Back
Top Bottom