The Totally NEW Team Corwin Thread

Update, I just bought it for 795 which I could afford, so I'll be set to go.

That's cool but I would have got you guest pass. Unless the pack really sucks, it's likely to become a common part of the rotation so I expect that was a good use of points.

I'd agree.

Check out the freebee...a +3 heart of wood, this is a crafting weekend so try to get in on that one.

Update from last night-
We finished Sharn2. With the saga, Corwin just squeaked into 19, and everyone took level (or should if anyone skipped that part). We'll have Sharn3 to do but as I remember there's only a couple ranks worth of XP in that chain even though it's 6 quests. Corwin started knocking around the Vale for S/E/R- I'd recommend another swing at that this week if possible. I don't remember whether Sharn3 requires completing Sharn2 or not; I don't think so. If it does, CM you might consider knocking out the last two quests of Sharn2 on your own during the week. We'll figure it out either way.

Rather than spread the party out worse, we then jumped to epics and got ripped off on the DA run. Wrapped the session early following a stomp thru Chrono.

As of now, it appears we're on for next week as usual. Worst case, there should be enough of us running to put together an epic group.

Nothing like 12 people pilling in on you out of the blue. I was undone. lol I finished sharn, took sage and level. Close to level 20, in rank 95. So all caught up.

In-game, I even learned of a mechanic I didn't know about : Getting imprisoned within a cell in the Opera ... Thankfully, the other team members bailed me out of that. It was kind of like the classical prison break thing ...
(Nobody had told me that it wasn't such a good idea to run so openly across the stage ... Although ... I should've known it better ...)

I don't think this is your first brush with jail... If I remember correctly, you've gotten dropped into the center cell for Against the Demon Queen (desert pre-raid) and I'm almost certain you ended up in the penalty box for the Gianthold raid.

All part of the fun. We've all been there at one time or another.

To a different issue- we probably want to start thinking about what we plan to run as we work our way thru epics with this set of toons. As I've reminded everyone nearly as often as Corwin reminds us that he's behind on level, I'm not really suited to keep The Book on epic content. I'll do it, but I'm going to need more input from the group than I get/take on the heroic stuff. I'd like to start with eCarnival just because we never run those quests. There's a ton of level 21 content to run, so we'll be good there. I'd like to do eRedFens so I can finish epi-fying a couple of those sets. We should run eKeep since Corwin and Alrik will probably need some epic gear and that's a good place to fill out a decent gear set that will last several levels. We've got eDesert and eGH in that low 20's range as well although I'm not as enthused about those (run that content a lot and the loot isn't great). We could also knock out the 3 EStar chains if we turned masochistic, but I know those aren't very popular. Whacha think, folks?

While I realise there are some advantages to running the epic versions of heroic content, it seems to me that even though I don't care for much of it (especially ALL that underground stuff where you need to wear special goggles just to see where you're going) we should at least attempt SOME of the purely epic content even if it's just the Forest!!

To be fair, I don't think I knew about the jail part of that quest either. Then again, I've not run it that much.

Problem with skipping content that's heroic and only has epic versions is there's very little Epic-only content. EStar, a couple Wheloon/Stormhorns, and a couple other scattered around. Plus the raids, which no new raids have come out for heroic since MotU.

eKeep is a must, since that's where the most up-to-date modern epic gear is found. I think pretty much all of us that don't run the epics regularly could stand a round through there. The first two EStar chains aren't terrible, just the third one, while the Demon Lag raid is unplayable. We can probably pull an eVoN as well; on the off chance Alrik can get an SOS. We could also try eDemon Queen.

Not Epic but Lord of Blades, Tower of Despair, Hound, and Vision of Destruction are options for late-teens/early 20's leveling. I think the gear was upgraded a bit when it was made Legendary, so might be worth a look. Catacombs was made 23. Definitely worth looking for some gear there.

I remember having done eKeep before with you, and, although it is not much, I do have a few epic pieces of gear. Just no idea how good or bad it is.

Problem with skipping content that's heroic and only has epic versions is there's very little Epic-only content. EStar, a couple Wheloon/Stormhorns, and a couple other scattered around. Plus the raids, which no new raids have come out for heroic since MotU.

eKeep is a must, since that's where the most up-to-date modern epic gear is found. I think pretty much all of us that don't run the epics regularly could stand a round through there. The first two EStar chains aren't terrible, just the third one, while the Demon Lag raid is unplayable. We can probably pull an eVoN as well; on the off chance Alrik can get an SOS. We could also try eDemon Queen.

Not Epic but Lord of Blades, Tower of Despair, Hound, and Vision of Destruction are options for late-teens/early 20's leveling. I think the gear was upgraded a bit when it was made Legendary, so might be worth a look. Catacombs was made 23. Definitely worth looking for some gear there.
EStar2 requires getting to Schindylrin. That will be unpopular and our only tour guide is likely to be JM. JM and I ran the entire series a while back (actually did eWheloon and eHorns and whatever else and cashed in that one huge saga for a buttload of XP) and it wasn't too bad for lag although it was just the two of us running.

It's that 23-27 range where it gets really thin content-wise.

We've actually done a lot of the epic-only stuff on our alt group in the past couple months (Sable, Haunted Halls, Don't Drink). One thing we did skip is Thunderholme although that's lvl30 so it would be a good while before we'd want to take that swing. There's not much there but it would be something reasonably novel for most of us if we wanted to give it a spin.

I remember having done eKeep before with you, and, although it is not much, I do have a few epic pieces of gear. Just no idea how good or bad it is.
We really should farm out a ton of that eKeep stuff for everyone. Mostly, you go from Borovia gearsets (lvl10) to Sharn gearsets (15) to eKeep gearsets (21) to legendary stuff (29). Which means you want to be able to cover lots of different classes with eKeep items. The only real change to that formula right now is the addition of epi-fied items (20 after upgrade)- some of that is good enough to compliment/replace items from eKeep.

EStar2 requires getting to Schindylrin. That will be unpopular and our only tour guide is likely to be JM. JM and I ran the entire series a while back (actually did eWheloon and eHorns and whatever else and cashed in that one huge saga for a buttload of XP) and it wasn't too bad for lag although it was just the two of us running.

It's that 23-27 range where it gets really thin content-wise.

We've actually done a lot of the epic-only stuff on our alt group in the past couple months (Sable, Haunted Halls, Don't Drink). One thing we did skip is Thunderholme although that's lvl30 so it would be a good while before we'd want to take that swing. There's not much there but it would be something reasonably novel for most of us if we wanted to give it a spin.
It's not just thin, it's all old content that's been epicfied. Those few non-heroic ones are pretty high up in the epic range.

L20 is weak, with Lord of Blades, Tower of Despair, and the Dreaming Dark being the last Heroic quests (non Epic, but L20 on Normal), and Carnival and Sentinels packs. Neither with particularly decent gear, though the latter has a saga. I think we skipped both this life, so probably on tap. I thought Master Artificer was 20, but apparently it's 19. I don't think we'll get to the flagging content for either raid or Dreaming Dark before hitting 20, even with Corwin lagging behind. I think I'm less than 2 ranks away myself. 8 Epic quests, with three non-Epic 20's that we probably won't be flagged for.

L21 is actually heavy, with VoN 1 and 2, Keep, MotU 1, Web of Chaos (spinner), Red Fens, 2 White Plume quests, DA, Chrono, and a couple of F2P quests tying into expansions (MotU and Dread Sea respectively). Plus Spies, and Offering of Blood; 24 quests total.

15 quests are at L22; MotU part 2 (Shindy, everyone's favorite), the two EStar stand alones, the rest of VoN including the raid, rest of Desert epics including the raid and preraid, and the last Keep quest. Depending on what we do we may be okay, since VoN has a ton of XP and Desert is no slouch.

L23 has 1 Feywild quest not available at Heroic, Hunt or be Hunted, Druids Deep (also not anyone's favorite), Catacombs (definitely not anyone's favorite) 1 White Plume, and MotU 3. 18 total, but 16 are MotU, Catacombs, and Druids Deep. So basically only two quests we really want to do, and one of those is unknown really. Gonna have to do something here no one likes.

L24 has 16, most in GH. In fact only Caught in the Lag Spikes (MotU Raid, so undesirable) and High Road (poor XP and loot) aren't GH, which accounts for 10 of the L24 set. It's better than...

L25, which has 7; 5 in Three Barrel Cove, Fall of Truth raid (which we've done) and the prison quest from White Plume (which no one wants to do.) L25 is weak. So we're going to have to load up on earlier chains to compensate, or run S/E/R or run under level. Here's where having to bank from earlier in going to come into play. There's just not enough content here.

L26 isn't much better at 9, with Wheloon , Study in Sable, and the third Madness chain being it. Not much other than Sable we care for, but not much choice; because...

L27 only has 10 itself, although 5 of the 10 are Delera's Tomb. Because we love it so much. Rest is Stormhorns, and the F2P Morgrave quest in Blistering Heights.

L28 is pathetic with 3, Haunted Halls, Brothers of the Forge, and Tower of Frost.

L29 only has Necro 4 Epic. 4 quests.

L30 has 14 with Grim and Barrett chain, Thunderholme, Archons + Raid, Necro 4 raid, and Mask of Deception.

L31 on has a ton of stuff, with RL, Sharn, LVale, LHound, LVision, Dread Sea, Tethymar, Rage, Feywild, Planar Eyes, etc... most newer content is stuffed into L31-34.

So once we're 30, it's not an issue, but to get there, we're either going to grind some dailies, or run some stuff we don't care for. Flip side of that is Corwin and Alrik may well get the 5k favor they need for free tomes, and if we chose to run faster raids we may get some loot. Of all Epic and Legendary quests, 36 are not available in heroic; most are raids. We could probably call upon some of our allied guildies to fill out raid groups; and let Gat solo them for us. :p

Though looking at it, it's clear than SSG really needs to pad out the epic levels before pumping more L content, though they probably won't. It'd be fine if they had E and L versions of the quests, as long as there's some padding from L24 and especially 25 up to 29.

I may be out tomorrow after all. The Friday afternoon feast is turning into a Friday evening feast and even if I get free I'm likely to have crash issues with 600 people in the house pulling on my questionable router. We'll see, but don't wait for me.

Corwin, you should take a look at the Black Friday offers : Several expansions quite reduced.

I don't remember ever doing that quest, but I rarely remember most of them anyway!! :)

Back
Top Bottom