The Totally NEW Team Corwin Thread

I think you have to take your levels to get out of the LTR area. So you would have to take 6.

2 levels above isn't a deal breaker though. And I can probably get 5 just off of XP stones. If not, I can run some stuff to get a little closer. As long as we're within 3 levels of each other, we should be fine. Just end up holding levels for the higher level characters. Just need to make a decision early enough so I can get in game to do it.

Probably better to just run high level epics, then. I expect a few of the others (Peter, for one) won't have any freshly TR'd toons sitting around by Friday.

We should start thinking about firing up that next heroic group, though. There's nothing to say we couldn't each maintain 2 mains for a few weeks- finishing out the run to 30 with the current group while and picking up some weeks on new heroics. That, of course, opens the bidding for who wants to do what in the new group.

Not sure I'd keep Wouldii as-is either way. I wanted to do a Vistani dual-dagger thing and Wouldii already had his ranger and rogue lives done so I put him together as a halfing light armor DEX fighter and combined Kensai with Vistani. Seemed like a decent idea but 6 levels in he's fairly underwhelming. The extra benefits from Kensai haven't really kicked in yet, while confining a fighter to light armor just seems like such a waste. The catch is that he's got 6 levels- if I punt and LTR I either have to stay a halfling fighter (which sorta locks you into a DEX build anyway, meaning I might as well just live with him as-is) or I have to burn a +20 heart and be a halfling something-else. I've got a few free +20 hearts running around so it's not really a big deal other than such a waste offends my delicate senses.

We ought to do a Spinal Tap group. Nothing but bards. :) With the different directions that build can go, we could fill out all the roles except trap monkey. Swash bards for front line, caster bards for crowd control and AoE, support bards for buffs and healing... We'd have to rename the guild Sir Robin's Minstrels.

Well, a couple of levels of Rogue (or the new Evil Ranger apparently) will let the Bard cover traps handily; they do get a ton of skill points. Mirys and Rachail both have ran trapper Bards before remember. Majority Bard-level multiclasses are still Bards.

I'd think that the heavier armored Warchanter would be a better front liner than Swash though. Maybe not as much damage.

You could Do a LR 1 or 3 and do a Ranger/Fighter hybrid. And really, Halfling is down 2-4 STR in the long run, minus racial enhancements for Half Orc. 2 damage and 2 to-hit isn't going to break a build. Neither is 3/3. You probably would be better served in a evasion build though, with high DEX. No failing Reflex saves would be nice.

I imagine a Vistani Kensai will take a long time to truly grow into it's potential, though it should have some solid dps if you got some decent daggers. Probably have to go up Kensai mostly at first, because you'll get the crit enhancements earlier, then switch at 18. As an aside, Tempest gives 100% off hand damage modifier, so it may be more worthwhile as a Tempest Vistani.

Honestly, I've thought about burning a spare +5 heart to switch Aerie to the Evil Ranger. Partly because it looks really interesting, and partly because it will fill a trapper slot for the party. Plus lever puller with the doggy.

You know I'm terrible about multi-class. I think the machine gun nun and the feydark mutt I'm using now are the only ones I've ever run. I filled out a lot of the Vistani tree including tier5 just cuz and I made a few questionable choices based on him running solo, too (UMD and the dragonmark).
===========
Wouldii TR7
Fighter 20
True Neutral Halfling

Stats
36pt Tome Level Up
---- ---- --------
Strength 12 +7 4: DEX
Dexterity 20 +7 8: DEX
Constitution 16 +7 12: DEX
Intelligence 10 +7 16: DEX
Wisdom 10 +7 20: DEX
Charisma 8 +7

Skills
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20
------------------------------------------------------------
Jump 4 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 23
Intim 1 1 1 1 2 2 2 2 2 4 18
Balance ½ ½ ½ ½ ½ ½ 1 1 1 1 ½ ½ ½ ½ ½ ½ ½ ½ 11
UMD 2 ½ ½ ½ ½ ½ ½ ½ ½ ½ ½ ½ ½ ½ ½ ½ ½ ½ ½ 11
------------------------------------------------------------
8 3 3 3 3 3 4 4 4 4 4 4 4 4 5 5 5 5 5 5

Feats
1 : Weapon Focus: Piercing
1 Fighter: Two Weapon Fighting
2 Fighter: Precision
3 : Two Weapon Defense
4 Fighter: Power Critical
6 : Improved Two Weapon Fighting
6 Fighter: Weapon Specialization: Piercing
8 Fighter: Improved Critical: Piercing
9 : Greater Weapon Focus: Piercing
10 Fighter: Dodge
12 : Least Dragonmark: Healing
12 Fighter: Greater Two Weapon Fighting
14 Fighter: Greater Weapon Specialization: Piercing
15 : Mobility
16 Fighter: Superior Weapon Focus: Piercing
18 : Combat Expertise
18 Fighter: Spring Attack
20 Fighter: Resilience

Enhancements (Spent: 80 +0r +0u / Max: 80 +0r +0u AP)

Vistani Knife Fighter (41 AP)
• Knife Expertise, Knife Juggler, Quick Reflexes, One With Blades, Vistani Fortune, Blade Master
1. Vistani Knife Training I, Mist Stalker, Rapid Slash
2. Vistani Knife Training II, Mist Stalker II, Haste Boost III
3. Vistani Knife Training III, Mist Stalker III, Deadly Blades, Stat: Dexterity
4. Vistani Knife Training IV, Celerity, Mist Stalker IV, Choose One: Double Daggers, Stat: Dexterity
5. Vistani Knife Training V, Mist Stalker V, Blessed Blades

Kensei (24 AP)
• Kensei Focus: Light Blades, Spiritual Bond, Strike With No Thought
1. Weapon Group Specialization: Light Blades, Reed in the Wind III
2. Weapon Group Specialization: Light Blades, Improved Dodge III
3. Weapon Group Specialization: Light Blades, Athletic Mastery III, Stat: Dexterity
4. Weapon Group Specialization: Light Blades, Stat: Dexterity

Halfling (15 AP)
• Halfling Luck, Dexterity, Halfling Luck II, Dexterity II, Halfling Luck III
1. Jorasco Dragonmark Focus III
2. Lesser Dragonmark of Healing, Break out the Leeches
3. Greater Dragonmark of Healing

Leveling Guide
1. Vis0 Knife Expertise; Vis1 Vistani Knife Training I; Ken0 Kensei Focus: Light Blades; Hlf0 Halfling Luck
2. Ken1 Weapon Group Specialization: Light Blades; Vis1 Mist Stalker
3. Vis1 Rapid Slash; Vis2 Vistani Knife Training II
4. Vis0 Knife Juggler; Vis2 Haste Boost I; Vis3 Vistani Knife Training III
5. Hlf0 Dexterity; Vis3 Deadly Blades
6. Vis2 Mist Stalker II; Vis3 Dexterity
7. Vis3 Mist Stalker III; Vis4 Vistani Knife Training IV
8. Vis4 Choose One: Double Daggers; Vis4 Dexterity
9. Hlf0 Halfling Luck II; Vis4 Mist Stalker IV; Vis0 Quick Reflexes
10. Ken1 Reed in the Wind I, II; Ken2 Weapon Group Specialization: Light Blades
11. Ken0 Spiritual Bond; Ken1 Reed in the Wind III; Hlf0 Dexterity II
12. Vis0 One With Blades; Hlf1 Jorasco Dragonmark Focus I; Hlf2 Lesser Dragonmark of Healing
13. Hlf1 Jorasco Dragonmark Focus II; Hlf3 Greater Dragonmark of Healing; Hlf2 Break out the Leeches
14. Hlf1 Jorasco Dragonmark Focus III; Vis5 Vistani Knife Training V; Ken2 Improved Dodge I
15. Ken0 Strike With No Thought; Ken3 Weapon Group Specialization: Light Blades; Vis2 Haste Boost II
16. Ken3 Dexterity; Ken3 Athletic Mastery I; Vis2 Haste Boost III
17. Vis5 Mist Stalker V; Ken2 Improved Dodge II; Ken3 Athletic Mastery II
18. Vis0 Vistani Fortune; Ken2 Improved Dodge III; Vis5 Blessed Blades
19. Ken3 Athletic Mastery III; Ken4 Weapon Group Specialization: Light Blades; Vis4 Celerity
20. Vis0 Blade Master; Ken4 Dexterity; Hlf0 Halfling Luck III
===========

I took a pretty good chop on my weapons mule back when I did my purge, but I've still got solid collections of long bows, daggers, great axes, melee quartersticks, and caster sticks. Figured that covers what I run.

I have a level 29 sorcerer which I need to get to 30 to ETR+ RTR to the next main group. He will then be a sorcerer as well since I'm doing racial past lives.

We could consider running some high level epic quests with legendary gear so we get some before the current main toons arrive at level 29+.

Just a note, while I will be here this week, I'm out the following Friday Feb 3rd. I like the concept of an all bard group!! :)

So we're on non-mains of some sort for the next 2 weeks then. I'm leaning toward Peter's idea- do some epic/legendary loot runs. Perhaps Feywild and Borovia? We've got tons of choices. That might get folks to 30 if they're bringing "high epic" alts while others might push toward 32 to take advantage of the loophole CM described last week.

Any way we go is good with me. Probably end up having to do the high epics anyway, since it looks like only a couple of us have a heroic alt ready, and Friday's almost here. I'll be looking at a house tomorrow, so I won't have a chance to get in until Friday most likely.

Well, that was a nice run !
The only bad thing was, that i found the "colossal cave" of Schind... as boring as hell (pun intended).
It is so ... empty !
Lore-wise, this could have been "emptied" by the Drow ... so, if this is true, then it would make sense lore-wise, but still be utterly boring ...
This morning KI began to wonder, however, how this cave might look like in the eyes of Ebberron Drow ... I was glad that I took this pair of glasses from the dwarf ... Whereas the Drow under Eveningstar need sunglasses, the other folks needs darkglasses, so to say ...
Story-wise, it would be interesting to see how these Drow would react to other Drow ... I mean those of Eberron. Kind of a "clash of culture" between Drow and Drow !
Why I wrote "Schind..." : It is not only easier to write, it also related to the German verb "schinden". https://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/schinden A "Schinder" is someone notorious for mistreating and bullying others. It is also often used to characterise bad-tempered trainers in school or in military, for example. We had such a person as a sports teacher at school.

Last edited:
Yeah, The Underdark/Shindy is far from a popular area these days. It wasn't fun back in the day, but now, I think most people skip it unless they're doing a round of ETRing and want to bank saga rewards. I don't think I've been in there in several years.

When it was on Lamannia for testing, the Menace of the Underdark pack was also supposed to include dark vision for those races that are supposed to get it. So running as a Drow, Elf, or other Dark Vision-granting race made it (and Rainbow In The Dark!) a lot more pleasant. Devs removed it because it was also working as True Seeing, bypassing displacement and blur effects and finding secret doors.

Speaking of sagas, we've qualified for 2 now (well, my side that finished EStar3) and we're unlikely to get the other 2 since those include Wheloon2. We can discuss when it makes sense to cash those in. I'm thinking "soon, but not now".

Horizon view, 2 weeks away:
Get everyone thru EStar3 (might entail Peter, CM, and I repeating those with scrambled groups)
Caught in the Lag raid (just to complete our self-loathing)
White Plume pt3 for hats
eCatacombs (new loot is decent)

Personally, I'd suggest a few Anniversary Party runs. The items there aren't that bad, imho. Especially the Banhammer is my personal favourite.

Corwin might cash his in when we get it in a couple of weeks, since he's about a level behind. Not sure about Alrik.

We could run Wheloon, since this is our masochistic run this life. Epics, E-Star, and Caught in the Lag? May as well do Purple Haze and complete the suffering. Heck, there's Druid's Deep too. Let us suffer!

Corwin might cash his in when we get it in a couple of weeks, since he's about a level behind. Not sure about Alrik.

We could run Wheloon, since this is our masochistic run this life. Epics, E-Star, and Caught in the Lag? May as well do Purple Haze and complete the suffering. Heck, there's Druid's Deep too. Let us suffer!
I was figuring we all cash in the sagas roughly after Catacombs although Corwin and Alrik could do so earlier, as you say. That will finish off the lvl23 content I had on deck and sort of bridge us to eDelera (27).

We did have a request for harpers favor. I skipped Druid's and penciled in High Road and Storm Horns. Then I crossed out all the harpers stuff because I'm not sure we're really going to need it. I'm thinking we'll be close enough to 30 after Delera to go ahead and start the whole 30+ content for proper top gear farming (Thunderholme/Borovia/Fey/Dread/Saltmarsh/etc) until everyone's capped and ready to come around.

... Please don't ever mention Spies In The House again ... Only The Pit is worse ...

I think Alrik has forgotten Rat Maze. We could invest 2 hours running the heroic version with epic toons and get no XP and no gear. So pretty much like any other time running Rat Maze.

Back
Top Bottom