The Totally NEW Team Corwin Thread

Menace Of The Underdark is a tiny bit special, as it still stands out. It is still somewhat separated from the rest. You just can't get into that area fast and easy; you'll have to do a quest to get there, even if you have bought it, but with Casual difficulty this shouldn't be too difficult. Once you did that, the entrance is open, but still no teleporting into it possible, I think.
Saltmarsh is quite small compared to the rest. Borderlands has roughly the same size as Saltmarsh.

Year Of The Dragon : https://www.ddo.com/year-of-the-dragon
You need to scroll down a bit there to see everything.

Last edited:
IIRC, you can get in to Eveningstar if you buy the world switching upgrade to the Hall of Heroes, though I don't recall what that's called since I've had it forever. Also, of course, if you create a Half-Ogre, Morninglord, or Shader Kai Iconic, which start in Wheloon. Of course, when you leave to go to Eberron, you're stuck and can't go back until you've done Spinner chain. To teleport in you have to earn the key, which we're doing for your character next Friday.

Borderlands is worth getting since it's fun, and it has some decent gear for L1 characters. Plus, a third life TR pretty much needs to do all of Korthos and Borderlands to hit level 4, without XP pots or XP gems.

Thanks for the info. Should have asked you earlier, when do you usually play on Fridays? Based on some posts above looks like evenings eastern time and goes pretty late usually??

6pm central start, usually goes 3-4hrs depending on the content. You'd presumably be running a 1st life toon (no TR's) and would need only half the XP as the rest of us to progress. As such, I could tailor our runs so that you could bail early but still keep pace with the group's advancement. We'd run the "good loot" quest chains with you for the first couple hours and then focus on XP for the rest of us later in the session. Alrik and Peter do this sort of thing about a third of the time since they're in Europe and starting the session around midnight their time.

Yes, the time zones thing. It's good that it goes so well well ... this group play is meant to be fun, not work.

If you can't participate because of other Real Life matters, then please inform the group as early as possible, so that the planners can plan accordingly.
Just as an example from my side : Since the sessions end in the early morning for me and Peter - somethong between 3 and 5 in the morning, bepending on play - then it might happen that there are things scheduled in my personal RL dfor which i must not be tired. Like, lack of concentration while driving a car. Me, personally, I really do not want to be a danger for other car drivers when ... simply because I'm too tired to maintain enough concentration for driving, then. This happens seldom, but when it happens, then I inform the rest of the group as early as I can see it in(to) the future.

The other good news is that we have a ship which not only contains important buffs, but we have chests stuffed with gear which is available to everyone who needs items. Wait, there's still more, the ship also has most of the vendors you find scattered around the other areas so no need to run around searching for someone to buy healing pots from!! :)

Today's proof that DDO hates me:

Solo'd Madstone, which ain't easy particularly if you tend to get turned around. But lo, did I manage to protect all 3 seers and kill the Foozle without all that much hassle. Then, with nothing left but to visit the giant to complete the quest, I jumped the wrong direction. Which still would have been OK had I not lagged right into that one inescapable lava pool. Grrrrr.

Today's proof that DDO hates me:

Solo'd Madstone, which ain't easy particularly if you tend to get turned around. But lo, did I manage to protect all 3 seers and kill the Foozle without all that much hassle. Then, with nothing left but to visit the giant to complete the quest, I jumped the wrong direction. Which still would have been OK had I not lagged right into that one inescapable lava pool. Grrrrr.

Oops. Did you have to redo the quest because you didn't get to speak with the quest giver to finish the quest? Or did you have to use a cake to revive?

Speaking about that. I think it could be a good idea to farm Legend of Two Toed Tobias some times on epic for the Jibber's Blade. That item is great to use in a pinch since you get revived for 1 minute without spending a cake and that could make you revive others (e. g. in raids), finish a quest and get out or get to a resurrection shrine.

The Jibber's Blade is bound to character:

Ouch.

Sad thing is that we appear to be close in level; I just ran Madstone Saturday. And I think JM has Brialle closing in on GH as well. We almost could have had a group together.

New race has been announced for Myth Drannor! Eladrin, yet another Elf. The Iconic is the Chaosmancer, which I'm assuming is a Sorcerer Iconic? Going with Wild Mage being a Sorcerer Archetype.

Underwhelming for the chaos magic deal, given the lack of chaos spells in general. Eladrin also lose out on AA, but gain Seasons which give a boost to STR, CHA, WIS, or INT. We now have 5 Elf variants, plus the Half Elf, which was cross-bred into a melted candle creature from Might and Magic 3.

I wonder what that Elf will look like ... I never kept chaos / anarchic items, with only very rare exeptions.
I think "chaotic good" was my first character in the original BG1 PC game ...

Running with the Devils has plenty of Eladrin running around, as does Feywild. They're elves pretty much. In 5E they're even officially an Elf subtype, just "elves of the Feywild".

It was probably the cheapest race option they have, given it's just another Elf with maybe some unique colors for skin and hair. Other than Moon Elf, which is pretty much what the Khorvaire (Eberron) Elves are.

I think alignment spell power and lore uses radiance items, and don't have an actual specific type. Hopefully that won't change; that'd kill chaos magic spells if you're forced to run Myth Drannor to gear out for it. Right now there's not many spells in game that do Chaos damage. There's Chaos Hammer, a Cleric/FvS spell. Warlock Soul Eaters' Consume, and Stricken, and Steal Life Force all do Chaos damage, with Greater Hunger granting chaos damage to Eldritch Blasts if a target is Strickened.

They're adding a couple Sorcerer/Wizard Chaos spells; Chaos Bolt, Chaos Sphere, Wild Strike, Prismatic Strike and Channel Entropy. Chaos Bolt is a copy of the Fire/Acid, etc... bolt spells of level 1, and Chaos Sphere is a copy of the Artificer Lightning Sphere. Wild Strike is the stndard Niacs/Eladar's/Divine Punishment/Consume DOT. Channel Entropy is the capstone SLA, and appears to be Fireball? Prismatic Strike is new, and I don't know what it is. The Wild Mage tree also gives a chaos damage boost to Color Spray, Greater Color Spray, Prismatic Ray and Prismatic Spray, in addition to their usual effects. Nice upgrade, especially the spray spells.

On the flip side, I saw a video where a Wild Mage got a pot on their head. That'll be fun in the middle of Crucible.

Eladrin description and tree
Code:
The Eladrin is a Feywild denizen attuned to Seasonal magic. They are fey creatures in the form of elves. Mechanically, they are an elemental generalist, great at most forms of combat, with the ability to specialize into their seasonal abilities to further customize their combat prowess. The Iconic is a Wild Mage Sorcerer, whose seasonal affinity lends a unique bend to their elemental spell casting.

[HEADING=2]Eladrin[/HEADING]
[HEADING=3]Racial Traits[/HEADING]
[LIST]
[*]+2 Dexterity
[*]Fey Ancestry: You have Immunity to sleep spells and effects, gain a +2 saving throw bonus against enchantment spells or effects, and have a +2 racial bonus to Listen, Search, and Spot.
[*]Seasonal Affinity: At level 1, gain access to 4 Seasonal feats. These operate as passive toggles that grant the bonuses below. You may switch Seasonal affinity once every 12 seconds.
[LIST]
[*]Spring Affinity: You gain +1 Charisma.
[*]Summer Affinity: You gain +1 Strength.
[*]Autumn Affinity: You gain +1 Wisdom.
[*]Winter Affinity: You gain +1 Intelligence.
[/LIST]
[/LIST]
[HEADING=3]Racial Past Lives[/HEADING]
[LIST=1]
[*]+1 Listen
[*]+1 Dexterity
[*]+1 Racial Action Point
[/LIST]
[HEADING=3]Eladrin Enhancement Tree[/HEADING]
[HEADING=3]Cores[/HEADING]
[LIST]
[*]Elven Accuracy I: You gain +2% to hit with all attacks. Your Point Blank Shot and Ranged Sneak Attack range is increased by 2 meters for each Core Ability you possess from this tree.
[*]+1 Dexterity, Intelligence, or Charisma
[*]Elven Accuracy II: You gain +2% to hit with all attacks.
[*]+1 Dexterity, Intelligence, or Charisma
[*]Elven Accuracy III: You gain +2% to hit with all attacks.
[/LIST]
[HEADING=3]Tier 1[/HEADING]
[LIST]
[*]Nothing Is Hidden: Your senses are so acute that you no longer need to spend time searching for the obvious. You will automatically perform a Search check to locate traps and secret doors when you are in range to Spot them, although this Search check occurs at a -12/-8/-4 penalty.
[LIST]
[*](from Elf)
[*](requires Keen Senses - sideways Prereq)
[/LIST]
[*]Keen Senses: +1/2/3 Search, Spot, and Listen
[LIST]
[*](from Elf)
[/LIST]
[*]Fey Step: Disappear and reappear some distance ahead. You start with 2 charges per Rest. Cooldown: 10 seconds. Based on your season, this has an additional effect:
[LIST]
[*]Spring: You gain a temporary +20% bonus to dodge, +1% per 2 character levels, for 10 seconds.
[*]Summer: You gain a +3 bonus to weapon damage, +1 per 5 character levels, for 10 seconds.
[*]Autumn: You gain a +3 bonus to Sneak Attack Dice, +1 per 5 character levels, for 10 seconds.
[*]Winter: You gain a +3 bonus to Tactics DCs, +1 per 5 character levels, for 10 seconds.
[/LIST]
[*]Step Through The Fade: +1/2/3 charges of Fey Step.
[LIST]
[*](requires Fey Step - sideways Prereq)
[/LIST]
[*]Arcane Fluidity: -5/10/15% Arcane Spell Failure
[LIST]
[*](from Elf)
[/LIST]
[/LIST]
[HEADING=3]Tier 2[/HEADING]
[LIST]
[*]Minor Spring Attunement: +1/2/3% dodge chance. Your Spring Attunement grants you an additional +1/2/3 Reflex Saving Throws.
[*]Minor Summer Attunement: +1/2/3 critical hit confirmation. Your Summer Attunement grants you an additional +1/2/3 Fortitude Saving Throws.
[*]Arcanum: +25/50/100 spell points and +1/2/3 Spell Penetration.
[LIST]
[*](from Elf)
[/LIST]
[*]Minor Autumn Attunement: +1/2/3 to hit with Sneak Attacks. Your Autumn Attunement grants you an additional +1/2/3 Will Saving Throws.
[*]Minor Winter Attunement: +1/2/3 to hit. Your Winter Attunement grants you an additional +1/2/3 Physical and Magical Resistance Rating.
[/LIST]
[HEADING=3]Tier 3[/HEADING]
[LIST]
[*]Major Spring Attunement: +1/2/3% doublestrike and doubleshot. Your Spring Affinity grants an additional +1 Charisma.
[*]Major Summer Attunement: +1/2/3 critical hit damage. Your Summer Affinity grants an additional +1 Strength.
[*]Fey Sight: While you have more than 100 Spell Points, you can see things as they truly are. You are able to see invisible creatures and pierce illusions.
[LIST]
[*](from Elf)
[*](requires Arcanum)
[/LIST]
[*]Major Autumn Attunement: +1/2/3 Sneak Attack damage. Your Autumn Affinity grants an additional +1 Wisdom.
[*]Major Winter Attunement: +1/2/3 damage. Your Winter Affinity grants an additional +1 Intelligence.
[/LIST]
[HEADING=3]Tier 4[/HEADING]
[LIST]
[*]Spring Spell: SLA: Lesser Vigor (SP cost: 5, cooldown: 10 seconds)
[*]Summer Spell: SLA: Longstrider (SP cost: 3, cooldown: 10 seconds)
[*]Skill: +3% Doublestrike, +3% Doubleshot, +3% dodge, and bypass 3% of enemy dodge.
[LIST]
[*](from Elf)
[/LIST]
[*]Autumn Spell: SLA: Night Shield (SP cost: 3, cooldown: 10 seconds)
[*]Winter Spell: SLA: Blur (SP cost: 3, cooldown: 10 seconds)
[/LIST]
Elf, but with 'seasons' buffs, and limited use wings.

I can't see investing heavily in the tree to get the SLAs.

Eladrin Choasmancer Wild Mage Iconic
Code:
For some Eladrin wild magic is an inseparable part of themselves. These Eladrin marked by chaos often embrace the training of the Wild Mage and become known as Chaosmancers....

[HEADING=2]Iconic Eladrin Chaosmancer[/HEADING]
[HEADING=3]Iconic Traits[/HEADING]
[LIST]
[*]1st level in Wild Mage Sorcerer
[*]+2 Dexterity
[*]Fey Ancestry: You have Immunity to sleep spells and effects, gain a +2 saving throw bonus against enchantment spells or effects, and have a +2 racial bonus to Listen, Search, and Spot.
[*]Wild Magic Fey: Your fey nature grants you Wild Magic. When you cast spells, you have a small chance to have additional strange effects occur around you. These effects very greatly from helpful, dangerous to just silly. Grants a +5% chance of gaining a Wild Surge every time you cast a spell. Wild Surges will also manifest over time passively. Wild Surges do not occur in public spaces.
[*]Seasonal Affinity: At level 1, gain access to 4 Seasonal feats. You may switch Seasonal affinity once every 10 minutes.
[LIST]
[*]Spring Affinity: You gain +1 Charisma.
[*]Summer Affinity: You gain +1 Strength.
[*]Autumn Affinity: You gain +1 Wisdom.
[*]Winter Affinity: You gain +1 Intelligence.
[/LIST]
[/LIST]
[HEADING=3]Iconic Past Life[/HEADING]
[LIST]
[*]Iconic Past Life Active: Fey Step: Disappear and reappear several feet in front of you. You have maximum charges equal to your number of Eladrin Wild Mage past lives.
[*]Passive: You gain +3 Universal Spell Power per stack of this past life, for a maximum of +9 Universal Spell Power.
[/LIST]
[HEADING=2]Iconic Eladrin Chaosmancer Racial Enhancement Tree[/HEADING]
[HEADING=3]Cores[/HEADING]
[LIST]
[*]Core 1 - Wild Magic I: You gain a +2 bonus to your Wild Surge Luck, increasing your chances of positive outcomes.
[*]Core 2- +1 Intelligence, Wisdom, or Charisma
[*]Core 3 - Wild Magic II: Your Wild Surge Luck bonus is increased to 3.
[*]Core 4 - +1 Intelligence, Wisdom, or Charisma
[*]Core 5 - Wild Magic III: Your Wild Surge Luck bonus is increased to 5.
[/LIST]
[HEADING=3]Tier 1[/HEADING]
[LIST]
[*]Nothing Is Hidden: Your senses are so acute that you no longer need to spend time searching for the obvious. You will automatically perform a Search check to locate traps and secret doors when you are in range to Spot them, although this Search check occurs at a -12/-8/-4 penalty.
[LIST]
[*](from Elf)
[*](requires Keen Senses - sideways Prereq)
[/LIST]
[*]Keen Senses: +1/2/3 Search, Spot, and Listen
[LIST]
[*](from Elf)
[/LIST]
[*]Chaos Control I: Antireq with Wild Mage version. Very Bad surges become bad surges instead.
[*]Step Through The Fade: +1/2/3 charges of Fey Step.
[LIST]
[*](requires Fey Step - sideways Prereq)
[/LIST]
[*]Arcane Fluidity: -5/10/15% Arcane Spell Failure
[LIST]
[*](from Elf)
[/LIST]
[/LIST]
[HEADING=3]Tier 2[/HEADING]
[LIST]
[*]Minor Spring Attunement: +3/5/10 Electric and Sonic Spell Power. Your Spring Affinity grants you an additional +3/5/10 Electric and Sonic Spell Power.
[*]Minor Summer Attunement: +3/5/10 Fire and Light Spell Power. Your Summer Affinity grants you an additional +3/5/10 Fire and Light Spell Power.
[*]Arcanum: +25/50/100 spell points and +1/2/3 Spell Penetration.
[LIST]
[*](from Elf)
[/LIST]
[*]Minor Autumn Attunement: +3/5/10 Acid and Poison Spell Power. Your Autumn Affinity grants you an additional +3/5/10 Acid and Poison Spell Power.
[*]Minor Winter Attunement: +3/5/10 Cold and Negative Spell Power. Your Winter Affinity grants you an additional +3/5/10 Cold and Negative Spell Power.
[/LIST]
[HEADING=3]Tier 3[/HEADING]
[LIST]
[*]Major Spring Attunement: The Quicken Metamagic costs 1 SP less. Your Spring Affinity grants an additional +1 Charisma.
[*]Major Summer Attunement: The Maximize Metamagic costs 1 SP less. Your Summer Affinity grants an additional +1 Strength.
[*]Fey Sight: While you have more than 100 Spell Points, you can see things as they truly are. You are able to see invisible creatures and pierce illusions.
[LIST]
[*](from Elf)
[*](requires Arcanum)
[/LIST]
[*]Major Autumn Attunement: The Empower Metamagic costs 1 SP less. Your Autumn Affinity grants an additional +1 Wisdom.
[*]Major Winter Attunement: The Heighten Metamagic costs 1 SP less. Your Winter Affinity grants an additional +1 Intelligence.
[/LIST]
[HEADING=3]Tier 4[/HEADING]
[LIST]
[*]Spring Storm - A spell-Like Ability that creates dark storm cloud over the target which blasts it and nearby enemies with lightning for 1 to 6 +2 electric damage for every caster level. If targets are immune to electric damage they become vulnerable to it for 15 seconds. Max caster level 20. Evocation DC using the highest of Intelligence, Charisma or Wisdom. Can only be used if you have Spring Affinity Active.
[*]Scorching Summer - A spell-Like Ability that sends out a blast of fire from the caster striking nearby enemies for 1 to 6 +2 fire damage for every caster level. If targets are immune to fire damage they become vulnerable to it for 15 seconds. Max caster level 20. Evocation DC using the highest of Intelligence, Charisma or Wisdom. Can only be used if you have Summer Affinity Active.
[*]Chaos Control II: If you would get a Very Bad or Bad Wild Magic Surge, you get a Neutral Surge instead. Antireq with Wild Mage version.
[*]Autumn Decay: A spell-Like Ability that sends out a wind of acidic decay from the caster striking nearby enemies for 1 to 6 +2 acid damage for every caster level. If targets are immune to acid damage they become vulnerable to it for 15 seconds. Max caster level 20. Evocation DC using the highest of Intelligence, Charisma or Wisdom. Can only be used if you have Autumn Affinity Active.
[*]Winter Hail: A spell-Like Ability that pounds a location with hail causing 1 to 6 +2 cold damage for every caster level. If targets are immune to cold damage they become vulnerable to it for 15 seconds. Max caster level 20. Evocation DC using the highest of Intelligence, Charisma or Wisdom. Can only be used if you have Winter Affinity Active.

I can actually see making use of Spring Attunement on a Sorc; +1 DCand a cheaper quicken? AoE Vulnerability to lightning? Air Chaos Sorc lives!

Myth Drannor Hireling
Code:
Rana Leafheart is a Eladrin Druid Archer who hails from the forests surrounded Myth Drannor.

Features

[LIST=1]
[*]A level 13 and level 34 version.
[*]Free and steady ranged damage via her Bow
[*]Druid heal, regeneration and reincarnation spells on demand.
[*]Uses Season Herald defensive abilities to improve her survivability (like Winter's Heart)
[*]Legendary version adds some passive Shiradi abilities to the mix (Mantle)
[/LIST]

A healer gold seal hire! And this confirms that Myth Drannor's heroic version is right in the GH range, where we've needed some alternate content for ages. Maybe she'll have the HP to fill in for more than 2 levels.

Wild Magic
Code:
So Wild Magic has been updated since the previous preview in the following ways...

Structural Changes to Wild Magic:

[LIST=1]
[*]IMPORTANT - The Wild Magic System no longer runs it's logic when you apply a spell effect to a target, now it checks when you perform the act of casting itself.The ramifications to this are as follows...
[LIST=1]
[*]Wild Surges will no longer interact with Snap Shotting with persistent spell effects like Death Aura, Lantern Archon, Wall of Fire, etc.

[*]Persistent effects like Ice Storm or Death Aura will only proc wild surges when they are first cast, not on ticks so if a surge comes on you will have to deliberately cast to invoke it and not have some lingering spell proc it on you.

[*]There is ONE exception to this rule atm which is enlightened spirit's aura. Because this is a warlock "blast" shape toggle, and all the other shapes proc normally we made this treat each tick of the aura as a "cast" for surge purposes. This will only proc if it hits a target and the warlock is in combat.

[*]Additionally while all warlock eldritch blasts and spells can proc surges, FREE warlock abilities, namely their blasts, will only proc surges in active combat.

[*]Other spells that cost spell points can proc outside of combat. This may change.
[/LIST]
[*]Wild Magic Surges now accurate checks on each cast. Previously this was not working. This means Wild Surges may occur more often if you are casting rapidly, though we have adjusted some cooldown mechanics to keep things from getting to spammy. Let us know how it feels.

[*]New Stat - Wild Surge Luck has been added to the + Stats panel: This stat indicates to you have a bonus on the table we roll to determine if you get good or bad surges. High rolls are better of course. Note this bonus represents a random range so it will never make it impossible to get very bad surges, just less likely. The Rapid Surge and Action Boost enhancements in the Wild Mage tree feature this bonus as does the Iconic Eladrin Racial Tree.
[/LIST]
Wild Surge Adjustments:

[LIST=1]
[*]Unicorn! - Instead of creating a Summon Monster that fights, this creates a spirit unicorn which stands in place and generates a friendly aura of healing. This unicorn is ethereal does not fight or cause monsters to aggro, it's more like a spell effect.
[*]Squirrel! - Has been moved to the Bad List
[*]New VFXs has been added to some surges.
[*]There are a few new neutral surges
[*]The "Cut" surge has been removed
[*]The Luck and Great Luck Surges have been changed to "Gain a +6/10 luck bonus to attack rolls, saves and ability scores." respectively.
[*]Some Summons (unicorn/squirrel) may still generate reapers in this build (but this will be fixed before it goes live)[/code\
[/LIST]
Wild Mage Archetype[code]
Changes from Preview 1:

[LIST]
[*]The description of the Wild Magic feat that Wild Mages get at level 1 has been updated to clarify that it grants a base 5% chance to incur a Wild Surge when spellcasting, and also that it grants you Wild Surges over time if you aren't casting spells.
[*]Fixed Wild Mage to properly get granted the Water Savant tree.
[*]Chance to gain a Wild Surge on Spellcast has been fixed to work as described. (Gaining Surges on casting spells was not working in Preview 1. This should lead to significantly more surges in gameplay.)
[*]Entropic Energy, Channel Entropy, and all ranks/tiers of Student of Chaos each now grant +1% Spell Critical Damage with all spells in addition to their existing effects.
[*]Unpredictable Consequences now also includes Chaos Hammer in its list of included spells.
[*]Unpredictable Consequences' effects no longer have saving throws, which should resolve situations in Preview 1 where some spells without Saving Throws looked like they had them.
[*]Fixed the tooltip for SLA Chaos Orb to correctly state the spell's damage (1d6+3 per Caster Level)
[*]Greater Color Spray has been added to the Wild Mage spellbook as a Level 5 spell.
[*]Wildstrike has been added to the Wild Mage spellbook as a Level 5 spell.
[*]Wildstrike has had its damage adjusted 1d6+10 per Caster Level.
[*]Wildstrike's max caster level is now 10.
[*]Prismatic Strike has been added to the Wild Mage spellbook as a level 6 spell.
[*]The Core abilities that grant Caster Levels with Chaos Spells now work. (Chaos spells are Chaos Bolt, Chaos Sphere, Wildstrike, Channel Entropy, Color Spray, Greater Color Spray, Prismatic Ray, Prismatic Strike, and Prismatic Spray).
[*]Chaotic Mind has been removed.
[*]Lucky Dodge has moved into T2 where Chaotic Mind was.
[*]Chaos Control I has moved into T1 where Lucky Dodge was.
[*]Chaos Control II has moved into T2 where Chaos Control I was.
[*]Power in Chaos has moved horizontally to where Chaos Control II was.
[*]Power in Chaos has changed to "Toggle: You gain +2 Caster Level and Max Caster Level with all spells, but are able to receive Very Bad and Bad Surges even if you have Chaos Control I or II."
[*]NEW Tier 3 Enhancement: Prismatic Mind:
[LIST]
[*]Rank 1: Color Spray now deals 1d6 Chaos Damage per Caster Level in addition to its other effects. A successful Will save reduces this damage by half.
[*]Rank 2: Greater Color Spray and Prismatic Ray now deal 1d6 Chaos Damage per Caster Level in addition to its other damage and effects. A successful Will save reduces this damage by half.
[*]Rank 3: Prismatic Strike now deals 1d6 Chaos Damage per Caster Level in addition to its other damage and effects. A successful Will save reduces this damage by half.
[LIST]
[*]Also, Prismatic Spray now deals 1d6 Chaos Damage per Caster Level to all targets in addition to its other damage and effects. A successful Will save reduces this damage by half.
[/LIST]
[/LIST]
[*]Changed Mixed Magics to "Your Caster Level with spells is now equal to your Character Level instead of individual class levels (max 20). This does not change the caster level of Rune Arms, Wands, Scrolls, or other Items." It now works as described.
[*]Action Boost: Wild Magic and Rapid Surge now each grant Wild Surge Luck Bonuses, which increase your odds of getting a better Surge, in addition to their existing effects.
[*]Maximize, Empower, and Intensify now apply to Color Spray and Greater Color Spray.
[*]Chaos Bolt, Chaos Sphere, Chaos Hammer, Wildstrike, Channel Entropy, Color Spray, Prismatic Strike, Prismatic Ray, and Prismatic Spray now count as Chaos spells.
[*]Shiradi Champion's Cores, Wild Magics, Fey Form, and Feywild Attunement now grant Chaos Spell Power in addition to their other effects.
[*]NEW Epic Feat: Master of Chaos: Your Chaos Bolt, Chaos Sphere, and Wildstrike spells gain +10 to their Maximum Caster Level. Grants +140 Maximum Spell Points.
[*]The Destiny feat "Epic Spell Power: Light" has been renamed "Epic Spell Power; Light and Alignment" and now reads "+20 Light and Alignment Spell Power, +10% Light and Alignment Spell Crit Damage, +5% Universal Spell Crit Damage". Please note that it already had this updated functionality, the only change is to the text to make it reflect the existing functionality.
[/LIST]
Class Trees:

[LIST]
[*]NEW: Wild Mage
[*]Fire Savant
[*]Water Savant
[*]Air Savant
[*]Earth Savant
[/LIST]
Changes vs. Base Sorcerer:

[LIST]
[*]You gain the Wild Mage feat at level 1
[*]Eldritch Knight Tree is replaced with Wild Mage tree
[*]Spell List:
[LIST]
[*]You have access to Chaos Bolt (new) as a level 1 Sorcerer Spell
[*]You have access to Chaos Ball (new) as a level 3 Sorcerer Spell
[*]You have access to Chaos Hammer as a level 4 Sorcerer Spell
[*]You have access to Wildstrike (new) as a level 5 Sorcerer Spell
[*]You have access to Prismatic Strike as a level 6 Sorcerer Spell
[/LIST]
[/LIST]
New Feats:

[LIST]
[*]Wild Mage:
[LIST]
[*]Automatically granted at Wild Mage 1
[*]When you cast spells, you have a small chance to have additional strange effects occur around you. These effects very greatly from helpful, dangerous to just silly. Grants a +5% chance of gaining a Wild Surge every time you cast a spell. Wild Surges will also manifest over time passively. Wild Surges do not occur in public spaces.
[/LIST]
[/LIST]
Unless specifically listed, assume the class is otherwise identical to Sorcerer.

Wild Mage Tree

[LIST]
[*]Cores
[LIST]
[*]Core 1: Determination
[LIST]
[*]+1 Will Saving Throw
[*]+10 Chaos Spell Power. (Chaos Spell Power is part of Alignment Spell Power).
[/LIST]
[*]Core 2: Boldness
[LIST]
[*]+1 Caster Level with Chaos Spells
[*]+10 Chaos Spell Power
[*]+10 Universal Spell Power
[/LIST]
[*]Core 3: Riches of Randomness:
[LIST]
[*]Once per Rest, target an unopened chest and twist fate for a chance at better rewards for the entire party. Chests can only be improved in this way one time, and there is a chance of failure based on your Charisma. (There is no special drawback on failure.) Some chests cannot be improved in this manner. This effect does not stack with Treasure Finding from the Greater Dragonmark of Finding.
[*]+10 Chaos Spell Power
[/LIST]
[*]Core 4: Entropic Energy
[LIST]
[*]You gain +1 Caster Level and Max Caster Level when casting any spell.
[*]+10 Chaos Spell Power, +10 Universal Spell Power, +1% chance of incurring a Wild Magic Surge when casting a spell, +1% Spell Critical Damage with all spells. You may use Riches of Randomness one additional time per Rest.
[/LIST]
[*]Core 5: Reject Limits
[LIST]
[*]+1 Caster Level and Max Caster Level with all Spells. +10 Chaos Spell Power, +10 Universal Spell Power.
[/LIST]
[*]Core 6: Channel Entropy
[LIST]
[*]SLA: A field of chaotic energy strikes the target and nearby enemies, dealing 19 to 24 Chaos damage per caster level (max 380 to 480). A successful Will save reduces the damage by half. D&D Dice: Deals 1d6+18 Chaos damage per caster level, max caster level 20.
[*]+4 CHA, +10 Chaos Spell Power, +10 Universal Spell Power, +1% chance of incurring a Wild Magic Surge when casting a spell,+1% Spell Critical Damage with all spells. You may use Riches of Randomness one additional time per Rest.
[/LIST]
[/LIST]
[*]Tier 1
[LIST]
[*]SLA: Chaos Bolt: Fires a small orb of Chaos at a target, doing 1d6+2 Chaos Damage per caster level (max 10d6+20 at caster level 10).
[*]Chaos Control I: If you would get a Very Bad Wild Magic Surge, you get a Bad Surge instead. (this has moved to Tier 1).
[*]Student of Chaos I: +1/2/3% chance of incurring a Wild Magic Surge when casting a spell and +1/2/3% Spell Critical Damage with all spells.
[*]Tides of Chaos I: Once per minute, you gain a +1/2/3 bonus to one of Reflex, Fortitude, or Will Saving Throws for one minute.
[*]Skills: +1/2/3 Spellcraft, Concentration, and Bluff.
[/LIST]
[*]Tier 2
[LIST]
[*]Action Boost: Wild Magic: For the next 20 seconds, your chances of getting a Wild Magic Surge are improved by 5/10/15%. This also grants a +5/10/15 Wild Surge Luck Bonus increasing the chances of a positive surge result.
[*]Chaos Control II: If you would get a Very Bad or Bad Wild Magic Surge, you get a Neutral one instead. (requires Chaos Control I). (this has moved to Tier 2).
[*]Student of Chaos II: +1/2/3% chance of incurring a Wild Magic Surge when casting a spell and +1/2/3% Spell Critical Damage with all spells.
[*]Tides of Chaos II: Once per minute, when you incur a Wild Magic Surge, you gain a defensive buff that scales with Wild Mage level.
[LIST]
[*](This is likely a modified version of the Dreamscape buff list)
[/LIST]
[*]Lucky Dodge: +1/2/3 Dodge while wearing no armor. Rank 3: While wearing no armor, you gain +1d6 Dodge Cap. The die is rerolled once per minute. (this has moved to Tier 2).
[/LIST]
[*]Tier 3
[LIST]
[*]SLA: Chaos Sphere: Launches a chaotic orb that explodes on impact, dealing 1d6+3 Chaos Damage per caster level (up to a max of 10d6 Chaos Damage at caster level 10) to targets in the area. A successful Will save reduces the damage by half. This SLA uses the highest of your INT, WIS, and CHA in its DC calculation, and uses the higher of your Evocation and Conjuration DCs for its spell school.
[*]Power in Chaos: Toggle: You gain +2 Caster Level and Max Caster Level with all spells, but you are able to receive Very Bad and Bad Surges even if you have Chaos Control I or II. (this has shifted horizontally in the tree.) (Known Issue: The CL/MCL boost is not working in this preview.)
[*]Student of Chaos III: +1/2/3% chance of incurring a Wild Magic Surge when casting a spell and +1/2/3% Spell Critical Damage with all spells.
[*]Prismatic Mind:
[LIST]
[*]Rank 1: Color Spray now deals 1d6 Chaos Damage per Caster Level in addition to its other effects. A successful Will save reduces this damage by half.
[*]Rank 2: Color Spray, Greater Color Spray, and Prismatic Ray now deal 1d6 Chaos Damage per Caster Level in addition to their other effects. A successful Will save reduces this damage by half.
[*]Rank 3: Color Spray, Greater Color Spray, Prismatic Ray, Prismatic Strike, and Prismatic Spray now deal 1d6 Chaos Damage per Caster Level in addition to their other effects. A successful Will save reduces this damage by half.
[*](Known Issue: Stub icon. Working on a real one.)
[/LIST]
[*]Ability Score: Multiselector:
[LIST]
[*]INT
[*]WIS
[*]CHA
[/LIST]
[/LIST]
[*]Tier 4
[LIST]
[*]Unpredictable Consequences: Your Chaos Bolt, Chaos Sphere, Chaos Hammer, and Channel Entropy spells and SLAs now add additional damage, debuff, or crowd control effects when cast. If the target saves for half damage on Chaos Sphere, the additional effects are negated.
[*]Multiselector:
[LIST]
[*]Unstable Sorcery: While wearing no armor, you gain 2% Spell Critical Damage.
[*]Mixed Magics: Your Caster Level with spells is now equal to your Character Level instead of individual class levels (max 20). This does not change the caster level of Rune Arms, Wands, Scrolls, or other Items. (Known Issue: The limit of 20 is not working in this preview.)
[/LIST]
[*]Student of Chaos IV: +1/2/3% chance of incurring a Wild Magic Surge when casting a spell and +1/2/3% Spell Critical Damage with all spells. Once per minute, when you incur a Wild Magic Surge, gain (one from a list of buffs).
[*]Tides of Chaos III: +2/4/6% Chaos Spell Crit Chance.
[*]Ability Score: Multiselector:
[LIST]
[*]INT
[*]WIS
[*]CHA
[/LIST]
[/LIST]
[*]Tier 5
[LIST]
[*]SLA: Wildstrike: Surround target adversary with rainbows, dealing dealing 1d6+10 Chaos Damage per caster level (Maximum damage 10d6+100). They take a random (but powerful) effect, and every 2 seconds, they take another random effect. A successful Will save reduces the damage by half and negates the additional effects. This SLA uses the highest of your INT, WIS, and CHA in its DC calculation, and uses the higher of your Evocation and Conjuration DCs for its spell school.
[*]Bend Luck: You gain Bend Luck: Whenever you fail a Saving Throw, you reroll that Saving Throw and take the second result. This stacks with Slippery Mind, but does not stack with other sources of Bend Luck.
[*]Rapid Surge: Active: Trigger a short session where you get a lot of surges very quickly. This also grants a +15 Wild Surge Luck Bonus increasing the chances of a positive surge result.
[*]Random Deflector: While wearing no armor, you gain +1d100 MRR Cap. This die is rerolled once per minute.
[*]Tides of Chaos IV: -2 to all Spell DCs. Whenever you cast a spell with a DC, you gain +1d6 to the DC of that spell.
[/LIST]
[/LIST]
Past Life: (Known Issue: Not Functional In This Preview):
You were a Wild Mage in a past life. Strong magic surrounds you. Each time you acquire this feat you gain +3 Universal Spell Power. This feat can be stacked up to three times.

The past life is far more enticing than the class.

Last edited:
Oops. Did you have to redo the quest because you didn't get to speak with the quest giver to finish the quest? Or did you have to use a cake to revive?
Had to redo it. That lava pool has no "out", even for a ghost. Caking would have brought me back still stuck in the same lava pool. My wolf and hireling of course jumped into the lava with me, but even if they had stayed up on the bridge a raise would have just given me another short lava bath until I was extra crispy.

Rana Leafheart is a Eladrin Druid Archer who hails from the forests surrounded Myth Drannor.

Features

1. A level 13 and level 34 version.
  2. Free and steady ranged damage via her Bow
  3. Druid heal, regeneration and reincarnation spells on demand.
  4. Uses Season Herald defensive abilities to improve her survivability (like Winter's Heart)
  5. Legendary version adds some passive Shiradi abilities to the mix (Mantle)
[/code]

A healer gold seal hire! And this confirms that Myth Drannor's heroic version is right in the GH range, where we've needed some alternate content for ages. Maybe she'll have the HP to fill in for more than 2 levels.
13 is pretty skinny with only Archons and Lordsmarch2 outside of GH. That 8-10 stretch is still far worse but some new stuff at 13 will be nice. Too bad the epic is 34. They continue to cater to end gamers while ignoring that you've got to get to that end game in the first place. Epic remains bone dry from 25-29 and 22-24 aren't all that great.

At least with Epic, 20-22 is enough to get you to 29, from Mureall's run everything in order run a few weeks back. There's some big XP stuff in there like Wiz King and Von. If you can catch a raid, VoN5 particularly, 30 is probably doable. Throw in Epic GH which is a couple levels by itself to fill in any gaps left by terrible crap like Druids Deep or High Road. The real problem is that you pretty much are stuck with Borderlands gear from 21-29, when LFeywild and Ravenloft kick in. There's nothing remotely as good in the old packs. There's a big need to modernize a lot of old pack gear. They did the old Epic gear (and their heroic counterparts), so 20 isn't bad once you farm that stuff out. Which I haven't got much of anything.

Another issue is that the cap is increasing to 34, but we've got enough content to hit 36 now. Myth Drannor will probably push it to nearly L38.

I'm putting together a long needed XP chart now; I'll know for sure once Mirys starts hitting the Epic content. Later this week going by how fast I'm advancing. Probably will hit 19 tomorrow, between Vale and Sharn 2 Saga, then I will probably hit Spinner Chain, which will net a couple ranks, possibly Morgrave, for a couple ranks, etc... Speaking of which, why are we running Thethymar next life? Because we hate ourselves? I literally ran three of the four Sharn 2 quests in the time it took to run one Tethymar quest. And I don't know the Sharn quests that well. I think running the Cogs, plus getting 750 kills, was also faster.

We run Sharn all the time. We haven't been able to run heroic Tethymar in ages because Alrik never has a way to get to Eveningstar while lvl15 quests are relevant. I'm trying to fix that by getting his next toon a key. He hasn't brought around the other couple toons we farmed out keys for, so Grimma represents the first opportunity.

The loot is still decent even for it being old content and the XP's not bad. JM will have a field day because there's large chunks of XP available in optionals, too. Because it was one of the last packs where the developers lived by the "mohr mobs" approach, it might actually yield a bit of a challenge, too. That said, if the group prefers to give it a pass, I shall oblige.

Last edited:
I might give this one another try. When do you guys usually get together to play? Do I need to buy all the expansions?

I might give this one another try. When do you guys usually get together to play? Do I need to buy all the expansions?
Hi and welcome! We're on the Khyber server, with the static group starting at 6pm Central time and going anywhere from 2-4 hours usually. Send one of us a DM so we can try and remember how Discord works again to invite you there, and to get your characters in the guild. We have a ship! And buffs!

The expansions are nice, but it's not necessary to buy them all at one go. I'd only do so if you're going to hang around and start running every week. The big four would be Feywild (L5), Isle of Dread (L7), Ravenloft(L10-12) (which is in a bundle now with Underdark L21-23 and Shadowfell L16-18 expansions), and Masterminds of Sharn(L15-16) (being specific because there is a Sharn pack or two out there). Myth Drannor is coming this year (I think) and will be L13. Of course all of these have Level 31-34 versions as well. Saltmarsh is okay, but it's at level 3 heroic which means it's blasted past very quickly. We also don't necessarily run every one every life; Dte has the book, so he's got more of an idea of what we're running next life. Which is pretty much Tethymar is the only confirmed thing.

VIP gets you all of the adventure packs (which are not the same as expansions), classes and races, DDO store points, extra XP, and some extra perks every month. It's $100/yr, which at 52 weeks is less than $2/week. Not a bad deal given the hours we spend playing just on Friday.

We run Sharn all the time. We haven't been able to run heroic Tethymar in ages because Alrik never has a way to get to Eveningstar while lvl15 quests are relevant. I'm trying to fix that by getting his next toon a key. He hasn't brought around the other couple toons we farmed out keys for, so Grimma represents the first opportunity.

The loot is still decent even for it being old content and the XP's not bad. JM will have a field day because there's large chunks of XP available in optionals, too. Because it was one of the last packs where the developers lived by the "mohr mobs" approach, it might actually yield a bit of a challenge, too. That said, if the group prefers to give it a pass, I shall oblige.
Yeah, with a group it might not be so bad. It's chasing those scattered archers that was the pain.

I may go back down today and try to finish the pack. Trying to hit stuff like that to get a better memory of it for next life. Though in thinking, if we have new players, we're going to have to under-level run Spinner anyway to hit Tethymar at level. We'll burn that giant spider when we come to it.

Hi and welcome! We're on the Khyber server, with the static group starting at 6pm Central time and going anywhere from 2-4 hours usually. Send one of us a DM so we can try and remember how Discord works again to invite you there, and to get your characters in the guild. We have a ship! And buffs!

The expansions are nice, but it's not necessary to buy them all at one go. I'd only do so if you're going to hang around and start running every week. The big four would be Feywild (L5), Isle of Dread (L7), Ravenloft(L10-12) (which is in a bundle now with Underdark L21-23 and Shadowfell L16-18 expansions), and Masterminds of Sharn(L15-16) (being specific because there is a Sharn pack or two out there). Myth Drannor is coming this year (I think) and will be L13. Of course all of these have Level 31-34 versions as well. Saltmarsh is okay, but it's at level 3 heroic which means it's blasted past very quickly. We also don't necessarily run every one every life; Dte has the book, so he's got more of an idea of what we're running next life. Which is pretty much Tethymar is the only confirmed thing.

VIP gets you all of the adventure packs (which are not the same as expansions), classes and races, DDO store points, extra XP, and some extra perks every month. It's $100/yr, which at 52 weeks is less than $2/week. Not a bad deal given the hours we spend playing just on Friday.
Thanks so much for the warm welcome! Sounds like fun! I think my original account has vanished, so I need to get my account set up first and re-acclimate myself to the game, and then I'll shoot one of you a DM. :)

Back
Top Bottom