The Totally NEW Team Corwin Thread

Breaking the Ranks is a difficult quest, even with a prepared and balanced group. We had somewhat of an ad-hoc group, which makes that quest far far far more difficult. A caster Druid, Wizard or Warlock will make all the difference there. Otherwise, it's a slog through hordes of enemies, and trying to stay standing. In comparison, I've soloed that quest on a caster Druid before; Earthquake, Firewall, and Storm of Vengeance makes it easy.

I had Fireflash, currently a winter wolf Druid/Barbarian build of questionable integrity. Decent damage, squishy as a Peep. Dteowner had the other winter wolf, Phuury; pure Druid melee build as far as I know. CM had the other Ranger, an Arcane Archer, while JM had the Rogue Assassin.

I've got a request … who was who ? I was vaguely able to tell which voice had which character, but I'm stiull unsure. Who was that with the bow ? Was it dte ?
One wolf must've been Az, but I'm unsure about the other wolf … and there was someone else … But most of the time I saw a white wolf and a bow-man or bow-woman.
Az was the slightly smaller and faster wolf. I was the other wolf. CM had the bow. JM was the trap monkey.

edit- oops didn't see that Az already answered.

edit2- Phuury is my main. The druid is RhoGu. He's a pure druid strongly focused on melee with a little bit of healing ability thrown in. As far as what to do with the alts, I guess that depends on whether the Old Man wants to TR his alt toon or not. If Corwin doesn't have plans to bring his alt around any time soon, then perhaps we punt and start a new group at the bottom.

Last edited:
Okay, thanks. I had already guessed that CM has that ranger, and JM the Assassin.

Yesterday I was taking my quest rewards, and there I assembled kind of a set ? called "of the Skirmisher". The other items that I was presented with didn't fit that well to my character.

I did 3 ? Sharn quests yesterday. Woah. Really good wirk design-wise there ! With lots of unexpected things … and my very first encounters with Forge-Wraiths …

Everything seemed much harder there. Even with my level 19 Scourge and a level 17 Hireling (and later with my Owlbear Hireling), everything seemed much more difficult in the "Good Laid Plans" quest.

… Aaaand … there are SO MANY easter eggs in it ! At least if they are designed as such. Like "oh my, they killed Lenny !" The quest title "Red Rain" is a song by Peter Gabriel, the "same old somg" is kind of a saying, it also appears in a Genesis song about a burglar called "Robbery, Assault & Battery", which fits very nicely into the theme of that quest … And the singer ! WOAH ! I wish I could sing that well … :lol:

With the Rat Investation I saw good old Drakensang 1 & 2 again, even although "rat in the cellar" is a running joke within games nowadays. But that oversized rat … I was really thinking "did they play Drakensang ?"

I never got any named loot from any of these quests so far, if I remember correctly. But it was late in the night, and even now my head is a bit blurry.

Update, the Aasimar Scourge named Ahiania is now level 20. I took the Primal Avatar Destiny.
(I hope I made that right, I never had any Destiny before.)

Congrats on your first epic character!

The first Epic Destiny really doesn't matter; unlocking the rest of a sphere happens relatively fast anyway, and even unlocking the next sphere doesn't take all that much effort. It's filling all dozen of them to max xp that takes an eternity. Since you're an Iconic, you'll be leveling to 30 anyway, which will fill two EDs plus a significant chunk of a third, IIRC.

Primal does have the ever useful Cocoon at tier 1; I highly recommend that as your first ability. Cheap, spammable healing is always useful.

Thank you. :)

Yes "Cockoo Cocoon" (Genesis Song, kind of a forword to their famous "In The Cage"), that and a few other abilities I liked.

@Corwin;
Any idea whether you'll bring your current alt toon (the ranger) around immediately or leave him high level and/or epic for a while? Need to decide what to do with the group's alt toons now that most of us have hit 20.

I currently have no idea what I plan to do, especially since that alt is definitely not level 20 yet. I likely need to get some more of those tokens too for obtaining a HofW since I'm running VERY low on them. In addition, I've had no thoughts on what my next toon might be. I like the ranger, so I might keep him. Oh, decisions, decisions; my poor old brain can't take it!! While I should be fine for this week, I may have to miss the following week as I'm supposed to be doing a funeral about then. (The actual time has yet to be determined with all the current restrictions on groups etc.) Stay safe.

You don't have to bring the Ranger around; it's not like you don't have other characters languishing in the post 20-range.

It might be a good idea to start making a DA run to start our Friday sessions a regular thing again. I think I'm in good shape (actually I think one of my characters already has a heart for a TR), but we can always use the extra tokens and GS mats.

I may do a Sorcerer or Warlock this go around; probably bringing Mirys around for the past life. Of course it largely depends on the group's needs; if we have three casters already I'll run with a trapper build of some kind instead.

The game has put forth a message that the leader of the guild has been absent for almost 2 weeks, and if the leader stays away, then there must be a new leader - or so I understood it.
Apparingly it was some kind of automated message in the guild window.

I currently have no idea what I plan to do, especially since that alt is definitely not level 20 yet. I likely need to get some more of those tokens too for obtaining a HofW since I'm running VERY low on them. In addition, I've had no thoughts on what my next toon might be. I like the ranger, so I might keep him. Oh, decisions, decisions; my poor old brain can't take it!! While I should be fine for this week, I may have to miss the following week as I'm supposed to be doing a funeral about then. (The actual time has yet to be determined with all the current restrictions on groups etc.) Stay safe.
That's perfectly fine. If you had a plan, I wanted to make sure we didn't screw it up. I don't have much of a plan for RhoGu yet, so I'm fine leaving him sitting at 20 to run with your alt as needed. I assume the rest of the group will be similarly patient.

I do like Az's proposal to add a DA run to our sessions. I've almost got 40 tokens banked up so I could pass mine to those in need.

The game has put forth a message that the leader of the guild has been absent for almost 2 weeks, and if the leader stays away, then there must be a new leader - or so I understood it.
Apparingly it was some kind of automated message in the guild window.

Oops, guess I need to load in that toon ASAP!! :blush:

Thank you for acting quickly.

Me, i don't have any plans, either, apart from wanting to farm more Feather Tokens for a horse for my level 20 Scourge … I have 9 now, so that won't be that difficult, I guess.

Regarding the Stom Horns all i can say is a big WOAh " This area is SO BIG !
I've begun exploring it on my own, and it'd need days if not weeks to fully explore all of this area … I've found the southern Harper camp and several other journal entries on my own. I just love this area.

Next thing I'll begin to explore will - hopefuilly - be the King's Forest. But, there are still LOTS of quests I have never done before …

(Exploring is one of my favourite activities within RPGs.)

I guess that this is just what you want to have : ;)

DDO Bonus Days bring you +10% VIP XP, now through April 19th!

Monster Madness! Get 25% off:
Monster Manuals
Slayer Boosts
Select Pet Certificates and Tricks
Companion and Pet Renames
Now through April 23rd!

No report what's the newest "free item" might be, though.

Regarding the Stom Horns all i can say is a big WOAh " This area is SO BIG !
I've begun exploring it on my own, and it'd need days if not weeks to fully explore all of this area … I've found the southern Harper camp and several other journal entries on my own. I just love this area.

Next thing I'll begin to explore will - hopefuilly - be the King's Forest. But, there are still LOTS of quests I have never done before …

(Exploring is one of my favourite activities within RPGs.)
King's Forest is about the same size as Storm Horns. Borovia is the largest map, I think. Sharn isn't quite as big but feels huge due to the multiple elevations.

Reminder, folks. Bring your epics to start the session with a DA and then we'll swap over to the mains where we'll start with Irestone.

OK, so lots of moving parts to my plan here. This isn't set in stone, but unless someone sees a problem that I don't, I'm likely to pull the trigger in a few days.

1) Wouldii (repeater arty) does an ETR but stays epic. That's happening regardless, but the "when" is still negotiable. If the current alts continue on, Wouldii will take the place of RhoGu. Downside is that costs the alt group half their melee and secondary healing (although I was generally doing a poor job as a healer anyway, being muzzle deep in melee). Willing to reconsider if the group sees that downside being too steep.

2) RhoGu (wolfie druid) does a TR and comes around as a light side tripper monk. Taking feats and will gear to do lots of tripping. We'll see if that works. Interesting aspect of the build plan is that I'm dropping 28pts in falconry. We'll see if that pays off. Assuming we start a "new" alt group from lvl1, RhoGu will be a part of that group, at least for a while.

3) Klubbir (non-raging barbarian) is sitting at lvl6 right now. Depending on how the alt group shapes up, I'm going to leave the option open to swap her in for RhoGu once the alt group catches up. Will depend on the needs of the alt group as well as how much fun RhoGu ends up being to play. If RhoGu's build seems to be the bomb-diggity, I might want to break him loose for solo work. It's a melee for melee swap, but again, the team gets input on this.

4) Shadohe (daggerlock) is at 25 and if I do any pickup epic work is likely to be my goto toon. She seems to do pretty well even though she's got shit for epic gear.

5) Phuury (buffer bard) continues with the mains. No plans to change that.

6) Botdu (inquisitive arty, lvl12) continues to be a dust collector. I should like that build a lot more than I do. He does OK damage, can trap monkey, and has enough boosts to make his dog useful. Only log into him for daily dice. That says something.

Last edited:
Plans? Plans?! PlANS!?!

Mirys - Evoker Druid of questionable utility: I will almost certainly spend the next decade getting her to 30 for an ETR followed by a TR. Into what no one knows. Least of all me.

Fireflash - Squishy Berserker Wolf: A solid candidate for TR for the Alts. I have some gear for a traditional Fighter/Paladin type (Fireflash served as each once before) but the way the game is these days I'm not likely to go melee any time soon.

Aerie - Everything Dies Wizard: As an Iconic, she is 9 levels from being available for a TR. Once Mirys is 30, she'll become my main pickup character for Epics, even though I doubt I have the DCs to be effective outside of EN.

Rachail - God Only Knows What Her Build Is: Possible TR into Artificer build of some kind. I have one of the best Rune Arms in the game on her after all.

Aneiria - Warlock: REALLY outdated and undergeared, but might make a good candidate for TR since I'm not likely to bother high level farming these days.

Ijii - Drunk: Remains with the main group as the resident alcoholic.

For the Alts, I'm thinking I could bring either Fireflash or Aneiria around as a Sorcerer; while I don't have any Sorcerer specific gear on her, it's not a huge issue. Or I bring Rachail around as a Artificer/Trapper build of some kind. Largely based on what's needed, and what my mood is at the time of TR. And if the power goes out again when trying to run DA. Mirys will remain my solo character, and will likely come around in some sort of hybrid life that can do everything poorly and nothing well.

@azraelck;
I gave some consideration to doing some sort of offensive cleric build for RhoGu and the new alts. He could use a divine class life and the group could probably use a legit healer on staff. A couple questions for you. Was your lightning cleric fun to run? Did you end up feeling like an offensive cleric should be a favored soul and be done with it?

Seems like what I've got in my head should be a FvS. The problem is that I've run 2 toons as FvS. Botdu ran it as an arcane archer and did nearly nothing with the FvS class itself. Wouldii did a more traditional build and I ended up doing a lesser TR at lvl12 because I hasn't enjoying it at all. That was a long time ago, but it still makes me a bit nervous at going down that road again.

I did enjoy it, but you're not going to be doing much offense until mid-heroics, and towards the late heroics it falls off quickly. Not enough damage, not enough effective SLAs. Quite frankly, if I was going to pick up a Cleric life, I would either use a carry build, or some sort of hybrid abomination that doesn't rely on casting much at all.

I haven't ran a Favored Soul as a caster, but given the lack of SLAs at all in their trees and no Domain spells, I expect they'll be even slower to start and fall off just as quickly. The last time I enjoyed actually playing a Favored Soul was on Mirys' first life, when she was a THF melee build. That was a LONG time ago.

Back
Top Bottom