The Totally NEW Team Corwin Thread

I believe most of the alt group is holding 17 already. Klubbir is in the last rank of 16. She hasn't run the flaggers (y'all ran those the week I was out) so there'd be some re-runs there, plus I checked and she's only got 4 of 8 sigil pieces right now. That said, such plans as I had written down for the alt group are likely to be torn up now since getting Alrik into Tethyamar is problematic so we can fill in our new dance card as we desire. No worries from me either way.

Also, how did you get into Tor without doing Madstone? I ran into the same issue with Wouldii- knocking out most of GH but not able to finish it because of not knowing how to solo Madstone. If there's a way around that problem, I'm all ears.

I'm at 4 of 8 as well, so we're going to have to do some reruns there anyway. Plus I'm pretty sure we didn't fill Alrik's sigil either. So if Litany/Ascension Chamber is on the card for the alts, we're hitting Necro 4 quests. probably several times. *EDIT* Looks like I need Ghosts, Inferno, and Fleshmakers for 3, with the last being one that drops anywhere.

I got into Tor by soloing Madstone. :p

Seems when you one shot every damn thing in there even when they save against your Delayed Blast Fireball, it's pretty easy. The only challenging part was actually the second crystal; I had to keep moving up and down to deal with threats. Third crystal I went and smacked all the first spawns with a stick to get their attention, then just blew up the stuff coming out below. Tor was actually far more difficult, due to the prevalence of Fire Giants that I had to hit with Scorch/Ash first. Or fry with Chain Lightning.

Either way, looks like Lords of Dust chain is on the docket once we're able to run it. I think it's 16 though, so L18 party? Unless you want to hit Eveningstar quests earlier, in which case, we'll have to pull it under level. I do think I'll suggest keeping the group together enough to get Alrik his key on every character from here on out.

Last edited:
I'll try to get my alt through the demonweb this week.

Last edited:
Epic Destiny changes are being previewed early (U51). https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthread.php/524811-U51-Early-Preview-Main-Thread#post6438022

Brief:

No more twists of fate, EDs are now going to be more like enhancement trees, with a character able to put points into 3 at once. T5's are exclusive, like enhancement trees.

Some Epic feats are gone. Dire Charge and Mass Frog are as well, but are moved into EDs.

Some previously useless feats will tie into EDs granting some extra bonuses.

Half-elves will no longer look like melted wax sex toys.

Spheres are gone, as is karma. ETRs is simply hitting 30, and TRing. You just take the EPL you want when you do the ETR.

Apparently 3 new EDs will come later. Hopefully medication will be available to take care of it.

Of course, most only effects those who hate themselves enough to play in Epic/Legendary.

Half-elves will no longer look like melted wax sex toys.

I made a female one yesterday evening, and was positively surprised. I actually caught me asking myself : "Couldn't they decide to do that model more like human or more like elf ?" Once I realized that, I found , for myself, that they hjave accomplished that mission : To do something "within the middle".

Much later, totally sleepy, not being able to think clearly and logically anymore because of sleepiness, I thought : "Tranself."

Spheres are gone, as is karma.

I need to take a look at it. Aesthetically, I *loved* that layout !

Dance Card updates

Mains:
repeat Lordsmarch0
Lordsmarch2
Archons
Necro4 (outdoors, flags, Litany)
Rage
Sharn1 (include Lost at Sea)

Alts:
Tower of Frost
Harbinger1
Meridia 15's
Cogs
Spinner
Harbinger2
Reavers

I have to break away slightly before 9:00 tonight for some undetermined amount of time. Got a job interview with a fer'ner, I does. We can figure out how that will work tonight.

good luck with that. I won't be on this evening, sorry. will miss you

Thanks jm. That puts us on the alts with Tower of Frost and then taking 17 if ready.

The beautiful Destinies UI seems to be gone now on Lamannia, being replaced by an imho bland looking tree UI.
Destinies are now trees, so to say.
However, the spheres are still there - as 3D places you can visit ! I think it's called "a place between the stars" - and it indeed looks like that !

The Helf looks are very much improved !

I have intermittent net connection at present; it might suddenly drop and re-connect a couple of mins later, so we'll see how we go.

Dance Card updates

Mains:
repeat Lordsmarch0
Lordsmarch2
Archons
Necro4 (outdoors, flags, Litany)
Rage
Sharn1 (include Lost at Sea)

Alts:
Tower of Frost
Harbinger1

Meridia 15's
Cogs
Spinner
Harbinger2
Reavers
Short session due to my interview and Corwin's laggy connection. Turned out we had already run Frost, so we knocked out Harbinger just in time. If you have 17, take it. Based on the XP we got out of tonight's chain, we might end up a little short getting to 18. Depending on how much we rack up with the Cogs (we could probably get away with doing the 16's under level if necessary and use the saga reward to get back on track), I might have to work in an S/E/R run thru the Vale. We'll see. Sounds like decent odds we'll be on the mains next week.

Short session due to my interview and Corwin's laggy connection. Turned out we had already run Frost, so we knocked out Harbinger just in time. If you have 17, take it. Based on the XP we got out of tonight's chain, we might end up a little short getting to 18. Depending on how much we rack up with the Cogs (we could probably get away with doing the 16's under level if necessary and use the saga reward to get back on track), I might have to work in an S/E/R run thru the Vale. We'll see. Sounds like decent odds we'll be on the mains next week.
Good luck with interview :)

Forever Pots available from the rem vendor until Thursday. Hope everyone sees this and gets any you still need.

Mages cannot cast Death Ward, right ? I think I should get a pot, then.

Mages cannot cast Death Ward, right ? I think I should get a pot, then.

Correct, though many cleric and favored soul hirelings have death ward or mass death ward on their bars. Plus, you can easily get Death Ward clickies by hating yourself enough to run through Tangleroot until your eyes bleed, or doing White Plume Mountain. So it's to me not a critical necessity. I usually get the Freedom of Movement eternal potions myself, as there's just a few items that give that, and are somewhat harder to get and slot, and only a couple of hirelings that cast Freedom of Movement. In Heroic, only three items give you FoM, and one of those is a raid item (from a raid we wiped in).

@Corwin;
Oh Captain my captain!

I think they might have increased the required frequency of the guild leader logging in. You're in line to be overthrown again. 2 weeks and counting, so it's not a crisis if you can jump in quickly on that toon next game night.

Back
Top Bottom