The TV Series discussion thread

It doesn't, I enjoyed the entire series!!

That's good to hear, I suspect I'll watch another episode tonight, or perhaps the Star Wars flick that seems to have made it on Netflix since last time I looked. We shall see which strikes my fancy.

Watching Fargo S3 again, soooo great, especially the first 4-5 episodes, pure magic.
It does fall apart a bit towards the end and a few things can be questioned, like why the chief of police (female main character) is absolutely clueless what forms needs to be filled in etc. The lower ranked officers has to help her and explain (e.g when it comes to interrogation). She's a total newbie when it comes to quite basic police work, yet a chief, that does not compute for me entirely… It also makes little sense that so much effort is spent into taking down a certain female villain by the main criminals..

fantastic series overall but this is my favorite season i think.

Fargo series are an interesting beast. Everyone will say it's an awsome trilogy. Of anthologies… :)
But which season was the best? Everyone will give you a different answer. Mine was the second.
Dunno why, no other series managed to do something like that.

Fargo Season 2. Not as good as S3 imo. What i didn't really care for are the two gangs, they're so generic apart from one, perhaps two, stand out characters. No one is really that intimidating, which otherwise has been the key signature of the series. I'm glad the creators seems to be rather self-aware and created one of the best villians ever in a tv-show for S03.

Someone recommended Cowboy Bebop to me. I know it's anime - and that's not usually for me, but I really like stuff like Ghost in the Shell.

So, is it worth watching?

Someone recommended Cowboy Bebop to me. I know it's anime - and that's not usually for me, but I really like stuff like Ghost in the Shell.

So, is it worth watching?
Cowboy Bebop not's bad if your into space drama. As it doesn't end happily.

Last night I saw the episode of Luke Cage that I've been waiting for.....because Rand finally showed up. I honestly thought it might be the next series before we saw the Heroes for Hire together, but it's happening now, and the next episodes should be really something!!!

Last night I saw the episode of Luke Cage that I've been waiting for…..because Rand finally showed up. I honestly thought it might be the next series before we saw the Heroes for Hire together, but it's happening now, and the next episodes should be really something!!!

It's only going to get better from now on. The last half of season 2 is actually quite good.

I love sci-fi stuff, usually. Drama in a cartoon? Hmmm, we'll see :)

I'll give it a shot, I think. Thanks!
No problem it's just mostly another version about corporations & crime in the Universe. I could recommend a few other anime's if your interested in Sc-fi.

Tytania
In a future where mankind is scattered across the stars, the Empire of Valdana is under the control of the Tytania clan, which forged its influence through intimidation and economic might. In the year 446, Tytania dispatches a large fleet to seize a new piece of technology from the city-state of Euriya. Much to everyone's surprise, Euriya decides to resist and wins. Their isolated act of rebellion sets into motion a sequence of events that strains the careful alliances and treaties within the empire as various factions seek to exploit the situation to their own advantage. In the ensuing turmoil, ambitious members of the Tytania nobility begin moving against each other in an effort to settle old grievances and seize control of the clan. What started as an act of rebellion by Euriya, quickly expands into a civil war – with the wealth and power of the empire up for grabs to whoever is bold enough to seize it.
Armored Trooper Votoms
The Gilgamesh and Balarant nations had until recently been locked in a century-old galactic war whose cause was long ago forgotten. Now, the war is ending and an uneasy truce has settled. The main weapon of the conflict is the common Armored Trooper, a mass-produced humanoid combat vehicle piloted by a single soldier. Both the Armored Troopers and their pilots are also known as VOTOMS (Vertical One-man Tank for Offense & ManeuverS). However, since Armored Troopers have extremely thin armor, and use a highly combustible liquid in their artificial muscle, their pilots have a very low chance of survival, and are commonly referred to instead as "Bottoms", the lowest of the low ("Votoms" and "Bottoms" are written and pronounced the same way in Japanese).

The series follows a main character named Chirico Cuvie, a special forces Armored Trooper pilot and former member of the Red Shoulder Battalion, an elite force used by the Gilgamesh Confederation in its war against the Balarant Union. Chirico is suddenly transferred to a unit engaged in a suspicious mission, unaware that he is aiding to steal secrets from what appears to be his own side. Chirico is betrayed and left behind to die, but he survives, is arrested by the Gilgamesh military as a traitor, and tortured for information on their homeworld. He escapes, triggering a pursuit extending across the entire series, with Chirico hunted by the army and criminals alike as he seeks the truth behind the operation. He is especially driven to discover the truth of one of the objects he was assigned to retrieve in that operation: a mysterious and beautiful woman who would become his sole clue to unravelling the galactic conspiracy.
Glass Fleet
The series follows a war occurring in a certain galaxy ruled by the tyrannical self-declared Holy Emperor Vetti Lunard Sforza de Roselait. Michel Volban de Cabelle, Leader of the People's Army opposes Vetti's rule, but the rebels are no match for the forces of Vetti's Holy Imperial Army.

In despair, Michel seeks help from an undefeatable Glass Fleet, which bears the crest of the old Royal Family… its Captain, Cleo Aiolos Corbeille de Veil, a man of great capability, claims to be their descendant….

But things do not work well, as Cleo is now only a "Space Pirate", instead of being the Prince of the respected Royal Family, which was defeated a long time ago.

In their entwined journeys, the Emperor and the rebels encounter the Prophet Guildy, who foresees that 'When The End comes, a Two Headed Eagle will be born. One of The Heads will be clad in Metal Armor and The Other will become The God of Love. Then it will become as One to Restore the Galaxy!"

Last edited:
no words

edit first episode was last sunday

Last edited by a moderator:
200.webp

Watched a few episodes of Cowboy Bebop and it's... ok, I guess.

There's something about animated stuff that makes it really hard for me to engage with the material. I feel the same way about the excellent Batman series from the mid-90s.

I can see these shows are very well done, but I have the hardest time engaging and connecting with them.

Oh well. I will give it another shot or two - but I'll probably have to find something else.

We have a separate anime thread.
That aside, as usual, you can't recognize a masterpiece. It's value was never outdated style and animation. Or whatever engagement/connection, I mean, what are you even talking about, it's not a videogame. Are you engaging and connecting with statues in a museum too? Can't even imagine what would you do try in front of Mona Lisa.
:p

Mentioned in P&R so… The second season of Handmaid's Tale is just as brilliant as the first one. Remember that this is horror unlike any other, it's not drama&scifi as imdb marked erroneously as usual. Where to watch it? Anywhere that isn't netflix. Hulu, Amazon, iTunes, Vudu, etc, take your pick.

Meanwhile I've also chewed through the whole Westworld's second season. Very good but not as good as it's first season. Sure, they've enriched the setting, widen the plot, added tons of fresh characters and material, but something is amiss. Can't pinpoint what exactly.

The second series of Handmaid's Tale has been well worth watching. Now that the telly show is well past the novel, all of this is quite new, and they seem to be doing a good job of relating just how fragile the whole continent is at the moment. Personally, I wish they'd spend even more time on the political aspects because I find them far more compelling, but with that said I'm sticking with the show. I think we still have three episodes to watch for this series.

Back
Top Bottom