The TV Series discussion thread

Yeah, season three of Mr. Robot was really good, even moreso the second time around. I keep picking up on a few things here and there that I missed the first time through, or didn't pay strict attention to at the time. I'm taking a small hiatus before revisiting the fourth and final series. It's made a good companion show to Farspace, which I'm a few episodes into the third series there.

I finally started watching season 3 of Mr Robot. I'm halfway through, and so far I like it more than the first two seasons. The only disappointment for me was…
Glad to hear you're enjoying it more.
Yes, there are a few difficult moments in the 2 last seasons. Some stressful episodes too, there's a nice crescendo in S03E05 (runtime error) for example:

That's the episode with the Dark Army creating a "distraction" at E-Corp. I only realized at the end of the episode that the security alarm had been playing in the background for the whole 2nd half of it... and it still goes on during the credits.

Yes, there are a few difficult moments in the 2 last seasons. Some stressful episodes too, there's a nice crescendo in S03E05 (runtime error) for example:

That's the episode with the Dark Army creating a "distraction" at E-Corp. I only realized at the end of the episode that the security alarm had been playing in the background for the whole 2nd half of it… and it still goes on during the credits.

That's a nice episode. That's also the one that's shot like it's in one take? I love these episodes that have a particular gimmick. I also love the one where there's virtually no dialogue.

Aye, Evil recently did an episode where most of the story takes place at a monastery and no one is permitted to speak, they got handed these little boards to write on instead. I like novel approaches like that, and when it happens it makes me pay extra special attention to what's going on.

That's the episode with the Dark Army creating a "distraction" at E-Corp. I only realized at the end of the episode that the security alarm had been playing in the background for the whole 2nd half of it… and it still goes on during the credits.

Yeah, I just watched that one last night, and I agree it was good. I watched the following episode this morning which I also thought was really good.

I was pretty surprised when they killed off Trenton and Mobley. I really thought they still had more of a role to play.

Yeah, I just watched that one last night, and I agree it was good. I watched the following episode this morning which I also thought was really good.

I was pretty surprised when they killed off Trenton and Mobley. I really thought they still had more of a role to play.

I also really liked the episode following the latest one you mentioned. Actually, it's not a stretch to say the whole season is pretty intense. And wait till you get to season 4. :D

I just remembered this particular moment which I really loved. It's in one of the previous episodes you mentioned, I think. I'm pretty sure it is, but just in case, if you see something new just close it. I don't want to spoil it.

Only read this spoiler if the previous one wasn't a spoiler. The previous one is just a youtube link. And the video name shouldn't be a spoiler.
I love the way they portray Elliot breaking down in front of Krista, trying to admit to what he has done.

That was pretty mean, I was surprised too. Especially since it was quite a light atmosphere with Leon just before that (this guy is really on a trip 24/7).

I just remembered this particular moment which I really loved. It's in one of the previous episodes you mentioned, I think. I'm pretty sure it is, but just in case, if you see something new just close it. I don't want to spoil it.

Only read this spoiler if the previous one wasn't a spoiler. The previous one is just a youtube link. And the video name shouldn't be a spoiler.
I love the way they portray Elliot breaking down in front of Krista, trying to admit to what he has done.
The rest of that episode is rather moving too. :)
Elliot meets this kid (Trenton's little brother I suppose), who saves him, then Elliot goes to talk with Angela through her door.

Elliot meets this kid (Trenton's little brother I suppose), who saves him, then Elliot goes to talk with Angela through her door.

I don't think that's the same episode because I haven't seen that yet.

Yeah, I loved that one, it's a very emotional but also restrained episode. But I think it's the next episode to the one we've been talking about.
The whole day he spends with Trenton's brother was heartfelt. But I don't know why, but the final scene, where Elliot talks to Angela through the door always felt kinda cringe for me. And I think it might be mostly because of the song I remember them playing in those moments. At least that's what I remember feeling, I think both times I rewatched the series.

Makes me want to watch the series again, but I will resist. For now.

I have finished Downton Abbey a few days ago. It's normally not the type of series I watch, but it was very entertaining and fun. It's too easy to get attached to the characters and all the little insignificant plots. :D

I tried to continue Bosch (I'm starting the 5th season) but it's just not my cup of tea anymore, at least at the moment. Maybe I put it on pause for too long.

I've started Person of Interest, the first episode was intriguing, but I felt asleep during the second or third one and I'll leave it at that. Seems the repetitive type, with either the super-fighter or the super-brain saving the day every time.

Onto Carnival Row now, we'll see how it goes. It's only one season of 8 episodes. It's a mix of fantasy world and jack-the-ripper investigation, as far as I can tell.

I quite enjoyed Downton Abbey, especially the first three series. It got somewhat lame and repetitive in the end, yet still worth watching. Bosch....I dunno how someone couldn't enjoy that, unless you don't care for the lead actor or police dramas. It's really good! I watched Person of Interest when it aired because I'm such a fan of the two leads in the show, and I need to re-watch them all sometime. I'll say this: business picks up when Root arrives. She really cranks up the show another notch or three.

I've not watched Carnival Row yet, and have heard good things about it. Maybe in the next night or two I'll take a peek at at least the first episode, and see how it strikes me.

I liked Bosch, it had a good atmosphere and enough variety to keep my interest. But I've left this show for a very long time and I don't have the plot and characters in mind anymore. I should probably wait to be in the right mood, and backtrack a bit or read a recap. Or maybe the 5th season is meant to start on an ongoing mission that was not in the previous season? I just had the feeling of starting in the middle of something, and having missed the first part.

Finished season 3 of Mr Robot last night. It's definitely my favorite season so far, and I really liked the finale.

I like how Irving turns out to be a complete psychopath and then reveals that he used to be Whiterose's right-hand guy. The post-credits scene was good too.

Finished season 3 of Mr Robot last night. It's definitely my favorite season so far, and I really liked the finale.

I like how Irving turns out to be a complete psychopath and then reveals that he used to be Whiterose's right-hand guy. The post-credits scene was good too.

Glad you liked it.

About the post-credits scenes, for some reason I always forget they're there for the final episode of each season. And for the longest time and for some weird reason, I had only seen the post credit scene at the end of season 1. I stumbled onto that one, but it never clicked to check each other season for the same extra scene. Until my second or third viewing of the whole series.

A great way to finish season 3 indeed.

The scene with Irving made me laugh, perhaps a bit nervously. I wasn't really expecting that of him. It gave me little flashbacks of American Psychopath, but only for the visuals, the movie isn't near as good. Still, I almost expected Irving to start talking about a music band. ;)

And the sight of Vera just at the end is a very good cliffhanger.

And the sight of Vera just at the end is a very good cliffhanger.

You can imagine my bewilderment at Darlene commenting, in S4, that she had seen him a while ago, but I hadn't seen the post-credits scene of S3, where she encounters him.

I never did like Vera very much, at least initially, but he grew on me and really gives a great performance in S4.

Sheesh… season 4 throws an emotional haymaker right out of the gate.

Yeah, has a couple of intense moments throughout.

I wanted a more lighthearted series, something that I can just jump into and out of from time to time, so I started something that's been on my mind for years now. I had only seen random episodes, and thought it looked interesting enough. As I said, in a lighthearted kind of way. So I just watched the pilot of it.

Columbo. I'm sure it's pretty famous, especially due to Peter Falk's potrayal. He's very likable, and the series seems to have small, self-contained, murder-mysteries. The pilot was ok. Nothing too impressive. But just good enough to maybe watch when I want to waste some time. I think the main draw is how Falk plays Columbo. He's very charismatic. But I do wonder if the, pretending to be out of the element and just stumbling onto clues and solving the mystery won't get old. I'll have to see. I might not hang on for very much of it.

Back
Top Bottom